Status
Not open for further replies.
A flag/map combo from my TL during the first few months of the Imperial Eurasian Federation (IEF) Civil War. Circa May 1, 2000.

IEF Civil War revised.png

Last edited:
So a "gentleman" (using the term "gentleman" very loosely) who belongs to my synagogue recently suggested that our community should form an armed militia to protect us from anti-semitism. Fortunately no one takes him very seriously, but I was inspired to make a couple of flags for a diaspora based Jewish paramilitary group.

Hands of Esau I.png

The Nation of Zion

Hands of Esau II.png

Nissan 15

(the Hebrew is from Deuteronomy; "Remember what Amalek has done to you... do not forget")

Hands of Esau.png

The Hands of Esau

(the Hebrew is from Genesis; "The voice is the voice of Jacob, the hands are the hands of Esau.")

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!
Anyways, I just saw the movie "Free State of Jones" and I really enjoyed it. Of course being me, I decided to make a flag for the free state. Actually I made 3 (Sorry the first one is so big).
First: This flag represents the American heritage of the free state. The black and white stripes represent the blacks' and whites' working together to form the free state. The red canton represents the blood spilled for the free state. The four points on the star and the four stripes represent the 4 principles of the free state (you can find them on brainyquote)
Freestateflag1.PNG

Second: This flag is pretty straight forward. The tricolor represents the blood spilled for the free state, the white men, and the black men. The emblem in the center is the (sorta) seal of the free state. The pitchfork representing the farmers and slaves who sought to end oppression. The musket represents them taking arms to gain independence. The four pointed star represents the principles of the free state, and as much as I hate text on flags, the free state is in America, so they violate the laws of vexillology. Galatians 6:7 is an important part of the free state, especially in the film, because of the sentence: "A man reaps what he sows."
freestateflag2.PNG

Finally: This is probably my favorite. It has the same emblem and everything from the last flag, but this has red around the border to represent, you guessed it, blood spilled to defend the borders of the free state.
freestateflag3.PNG

As always, feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

A list of possible flags from the "Hearts of Iron 4: Modern Warfare" mod.

Pretty cool how the flags change with the regime in the game. More strategy games should do that.

This was made by modders over on ModDB. The mod updates the game to take place in more recent years (from 2000 to 2020).

Flags_demo.jpg

Last edited:
I present you the flag of the [Napoleonic] Kingdom of Brazil:

uXqwKLn.png

Here's another less creative but probably more coherent attempt:

8wplV73.png

It's still very much a work in progress. Which one do you like the most? Any tips on how to make it better?

Last edited:
I present you the flag of the [Napoleonic] Kingdom of Brazil:

(Flag)

Here's another less creative but probably more coherent attempt:

(Flag)

It's still very much a work in progress. Which one do you like the most? Any tips on how to make it better?

I assume it needs a bit more green, perhaps to add some further nationalist symbolism ("land of lush forests", etc.), even if it doesn't represent the current ruling dynasty. You could change the color of at least two of the border triangles in the lower flag.

Alternate US Flags: PA, RI, SC, SD

It's been a while, but here's the next four flags in my series: the P-S states.

alternate_us_flags__pennsylvania_by_rubberduck3y6-da8zxdv.png

Pennsylvania
In the centre of the flag is the arms of William Penn, the state's founder, depicted on a keystone-shaped shield which reflects Pennsylvania's nickname of the "Keystone State". The blue upper stripe represents Lake Erie and Pennsylvania's other lakes, rivers and waterways while the lower green stripe represents Pennsylvania's woodlands after which the state is named - Pennsylvania means "Penn's Woods" - and its natural resources. The thin white stripe is an echo of the United States flag while the three stripes together represent Pennsylvania's motto of "Virtue, Liberty and Independence".

alternate_us_flags__rhode_island_by_rubberduck3y6-da900c0.png

Rhode Island
The flag shows an anchor, taken from the Seal of Rhode Island, which represents the state's nickname of the "Ocean State". Surrounding the anchor is a ring of thirteen stars as Rhode Island was the thirteenth state to ratify the United States Constitution. The stars' red colour recalls both the state tree - the red maple - and a possible origin of the name Rhode Island - "Red Island". The two yellow stripes represent the two colonies, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations which merged to form the present state and also represent the state motto of "Hope". The design of anchor surrounded by a ring of stars and the colours of the flag reflect historic state flags.

alternate_us_flags__south_carolina_by_rubberduck3y6-da902m4.png

South Carolina
The flag shows a palmetto tree which reflect's South Carolina's nickname of the "Palmetto State" and it's historical flags. Below the tree is a crescent moon taken from the Moultrie Flag which was raised during the American Revolution and representing liberty. The eight arrows are taken from the state seal and symbolise the South Carolina was the eighth state to ratify the United States Constitution, while the two stars symbolise South Carolina's first and second entries to the United States.

alternate_us_flags__south_dakota_by_rubberduck3y6-da9072x.png

South Dakota
The forty-rayed sun in the center of the flag recall's South Dakota's original 1909 flag and represents the unofficial nickname of the "Sunshine State". The number of rays symbolise that South Dakota was the fortieth state to join the Union. In the middle of the sun is a black cross and four stars which represent the four presidents carved into Mount Rushmore - which gives the state its official nickname of the "Mount Rushmore State - and the four countries which have controlled the area of the state: France, Spain, Britain and the United States. The sky blue stripe represents the Missouri River which bisects South Dakota north-south and divides it into "east river" and "west river" areas. Black represents the Black Hills while yellow and green represent South Dakota's agricultural resources.​

A flag I did for a modded country in Victoria: Revolutions; the below is the Fascist flag for the Mossi (the largest ethnic group of Burkina Faso);

The mask is an altered version of something I found online and overall the flag is meant more to be a placeholder since there's really nothing IOTL to use in regards to Fascist symbolism for the Mossi.
Mossi Fascist.png

Status
Not open for further replies.