Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietzsche

Banned
Both of them, nice flags. I like the saber and the sword concept, and I like the symbolism of that new flag that may also look too much like the German flag combined with the Prussian German one. Maybe some Jews would object.
Eh, in that arrangement they don't evoke any sort of Prussian state or pre-1918 Germany. The order is all wrong, and black & red are pretty common symbolic colors amongst all peoples.

Eh, in that arrangement they don't evoke any sort of Prussian state or pre-1918 Germany. The order is all wrong, and black & red are pretty common symbolic colors amongst all peoples.

But it's not about facts, it's about feelings. Whenever I see black, red and white, I don't think "pre-Italy Naples!" or "Nasser's Egypt!".

I think "Mein Kaiser!".

And probably I'm not the only one. Now, this is not a valid argument against the design, it's just my impression. I already said they're nice and serve their purposes.

But note that it's not about order or how common the colours are. Flags are symbols and they play with the people's associations of ideas. Take for istance the flag of the Anarchist Council of Aragon during the Spanish Civil War. Black, red and purple. Pretty depressive and dark colours that give an overall feeling of aggresiveness. The kind of combination a Hollywood movie would give to a made-up dictatorship. But in that case, it served as the symbol for an anarchist-syndicalist regime that sought liberation and a brighter tomorrow. Their ensign was also a sun shining over the fields.

Again, I like that flag and I like it's design. It's just that, to me, it's hard to think that someone like me, but Israelian, might like that flag because... Mein Kaiser!

Flag Request/ Mini Flag Challenge

At the conclusion of WW1, the revolution in Russia falls apart, yet revolutions in Germany and elsewhere in Europe stunningly succeed. A new pan European state arises from the ashes and embraces a radical anarcho-technocratic-communist ideology. It also embraces the work of several Russian scientists fleeing the White Terror who had been developing the new field of Ecology. A large part of central and western Europe becomes a radical left wing utopian dictatorship. What does it's flag look like?

You may inject any other particular dynamics as you see fit or simply desire into its design. The exact borders of this new political entity are also for you to determine as well as to how they got that way. Indeed, feel free to make a map as well...

Have fun! But more bonus points for the more serious and polished your take on it is.

At the conclusion of WW1, the revolution in Russia falls apart, yet revolutions in Germany and elsewhere in Europe stunningly succeed. A new pan European state arises from the ashes and embraces a radical anarcho-technocratic-communist ideology. It also embraces the work of several Russian scientists fleeing the White Terror who had been developing the new field of Ecology. A large part of central and western Europe becomes a radical left wing utopian dictatorship. What does it's flag look like?

very confused and a bit embarassed.

Have fun! But more bonus points for the more serious and polished your take on it is.

kinda hard considering what you're asking for

But it's not about facts, it's about feelings. Whenever I see black, red and white, I don't think "pre-Italy Naples!" or "Nasser's Egypt!".

I think "Mein Kaiser!".

maybe stick to blue green white then. The blue triangle recall a point of the magen david (without actualy using it) and the green one is for the arabs.

is-pal.png

République des Terres Australes (French Australia)
A mix between the aboriginal flag and the Carillon flag from Québec.

1366755678-aborigene2.png

Last edited:
République des Terres Australes (French Australia)
A mix between the aboriginal flag and the Carillon flag from Québec.

It would make for an interesting timeline to have new france founded in australia with similar migrants' origins, colonial organisation and commerce (platipus and kangaroo pelts instead of beaver obviously) only to be conquered by the british during the revolutionary or napoleonic war. I wonder what the differences in climate and geography would have brought to the culture of the québecois/australois

as for the flag itself, I would suggest replacing the black kangaroo over the sun with just a yellow kangaroo. It would simplify the fly and make it look less like a defaced aborigenes flag.

Crossposting from the latest challenge:

This is a difficult challenge!

Here's my take on the Imperial Flag [1] shortly after the "Treaty of Stockholm" [2].
It features the Imperial Crowned Lion with Wings Sigil [3] and 12 crowns to symbolise the Kingdoms on union [4].

[1] members likely retain their own flags
[2] I assume there'd be one
[3] made up but I assumed there'd be some merger of Lion and Eagle that wasn't a griffin :D
[4] 4 British, 4 German, plus whatever makes the numbers up ;)
attachment.php

Something thrown together real quick on paint, so the central rose is a little off center.

A possible flag for the UK if Scotland leaves and it becomes the United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Wales could also theoretically leave and the flag not have to change. I thought about adding Y Ddraig, but it looked a bit corny.

flag of United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland with rose.png

Status
Not open for further replies.