Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flag of a nationalist Post-Apocalyptic United States of America in the early to mid 21st century. The 42 stars represent the consolidation of several states, and the addition of a few. This is the official propaganda version of the flag as shown in state media, run by Supreme Leader John Cristobal.

That flag is awesome. :cool:

Yeah, flags for all of those. I would like to see the possible options!

England and NIreland - Argent a Cross and a Saltire Gules
England and Wales - Either Argent a Cross St. George's Gules or Argent a Cross of St. George's Gules fimbriated Or cotised Sable or something with the Dragon Gules
Wales and Ireland - not seriously.
Celtic Union - something with green and a celtic symbol.
Greater London - a banner of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arms_of_the_Greater_London_Council.svg

Just England would use St George's cross (red on white).

Or are you wanting to split England further?
OK. Let me correct myself. Sorry for all the confusion, I know it leads to question.

What if the UK broke into four, and then England collapsed as well, what flags would be used then?

OK. Let me correct myself. Sorry for all the confusion, I know it leads to question.

What if the UK broke into four, and then England collapsed as well, what flags would be used then?

why would england collpase in on itself?

its barely plausible to have the entirety of the uk to dissolve, let alone its strongest and core member to fall apart internally

but if you want that road, then it most likly itll split into regions...like the south-east, northern parts, etc....it wont go down to county level, otherwise your taking end of the word situations....regional is the lowest, plausible (and im stretching that quite a long way) for england to dissolve

England and NIreland - Argent a Cross and a Saltire Gules

The Sun did that :

SNN1406GXB-682_1437682a.jpg

England and Wales - Either Argent a Cross St. George's Gules or Argent a Cross of St. George's Gules fimbriated Or cotised Sable or something with the Dragon Gules

The 2 crosses combined would make more sense to me symbolicaly speaking (as opposed to mixing a cross with a banner of arms).

Celtic Union - something with green and a celtic symbol.

maybe a triskelon like on the celtic nations flag (but not the rest, dear GOD, not the rest !)

F-CELT.JPG

why would england collpase in on itself?

its barely plausible to have the entirety of the uk to dissolve, let alone its strongest and core member to fall apart internally

but if you want that road, then it most likly itll split into regions...like the south-east, northern parts, etc....it wont go down to county level, otherwise your taking end of the word situations....regional is the lowest, plausible (and im stretching that quite a long way) for england to dissolve
I would like to see the flags of these regions. Combining the county flags in each region into one.

I would like to see the flags of these regions. Combining the county flags in each region into one.

The problem people seem to be having is that this is Alternate History.com, not RandomFlags.com. People here care about the backstory and the plausibility behind scenarios, and you saying that the UK might break down into the English regions in 10 years is almost impossible.

Now, let's phrase your questions differently:

Suppose the plans for regional assemblies in England pass, and each region gets it's own assembly then it is reasonably to suppose that they would adopt symbols - coats of arms, logos, perhaps even flags. How do you think that would work? Some like Yorkshire & the Humber or the North East would be easier as they have fewer component parts, London and East Anglia also have existing symbols. But what about the rest? Is there some way to combine all the heraldry and tradition of the South East (say) into one symbol for a South East Assembly?

So, people of AH.com - what say you?

That is how you ask, and if I have time I might have a go later.

EDIT: Why oh why does randomflags.com not exist :( ??

Status
Not open for further replies.