Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Communist Canada proposal. I'm not sure I like the off-centeredness.

canada.png

Maybe its just a question of habit but off-centered toward the fly look odd to me. There's also the fact that at low wind it might be mistaken for a plain red flag.
True, that might be confusing due to a plain red flag also being used in the timeline, thought it's an ally. I left it off centered as that's where the old coat of arms was and to make it more clear that the union-jack had been dropped.

True, that might be confusing due to a plain red flag also being used in the timeline, thought it's an ally. I left it off centered as that's where the old coat of arms was and to make it more clear that the union-jack had been dropped.

How about the CCP logo replacing the Union Flag with a single gold maple leaf on the fly ?

You could also do like some eastern european country and simply adapt the COA but leave it in place (basicaly the shield content within a crown made of weath to one side and maple on the other topped by a red star).

How about the CCP logo replacing the Union Flag with a single gold maple leaf on the fly ?

You could also do like some eastern european country and simply adapt the COA but leave it in place (basicaly the shield content within a crown made of weath to one side and maple on the other topped by a red star).

I'm not succeeding at picturing either of those. I do like the look of the flag, I'm just not sure about the balance. Flags do seem either symmetrical or heavy to the pole side. It might be a nice sign of rebelliousness though.

Thanks for the logo idea! What would be good is if someone was to incorporate that logo into a plain red flag. Sorry - I'm far too lazy and lacking in skill to do so myself.

I meant something like these

cant imagine that a communist canada would have the royal coat of arms on it...more likly itd change it to something mroe diffinitively canadian, or remove it compltly...the second is more realistic, though dunno about the mapple leaf

though tbh, i dont see even a communist canada changing its current flag...its already bordering on it, and i dont think that having gold is a actual rule in creating such a flag...they can easily use their own current one

cant imagine that a communist canada would have the royal coat of arms on it...more likly itd change it to something mroe diffinitively canadian, or remove it compltly...the second is more realistic, though dunno about the mapple leaf

though tbh, i dont see even a communist canada changing its current flag...its already bordering on it, and i dont think that having gold is a actual rule in creating such a flag...they can easily use their own current one

Ah, but my planned divergeance lies in the days of the Red Ensign. I doubt they would keep the old Union Jack.

Communist Albania, Czekoslovakia, Poland and Bulgaria used national emblems that were monarchist in origin and only slightly modified, they simply removed the most overtly "reactionary" part of them (crowns and shield shape mainly) as I have done.

Seeing alot of Canadian stuff, I'll try my hand:

5a45c8.png

Monarchist Canadian Ensign. I probably should've used Blue instead of Green, but I wanted it to be a little bit more original.

13yq6bd.png

Flag of Quebec within Communist Canada

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.