Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my very first post (and my very first flag) on these forums (attached)

I hope you like it :)

Flag.png

:eek:! Above and beyond for a first post JJ!
What is that a flag for anyway?

I don't really have a nation in mind. Although if one were to be assigned to it, it would have 3 major ethnic groups (as symbolised by the 3 stars for unity), probably European (the Gryphon as heraldry and connection to past). The Sun represents a new dawn/day. As for the colours :

-White for peace
-Blue for freedom
-Gold for fields of crops (wealth)

Football logo/crest

Any chance, and I know it's not a flag design, but any chance in someone doing me a football logo??

The only things I ask is if it can have a sun on it, other than that go crazy and leave the club name off the logo =]

Thanks in advance

Goldstein

Banned
Flag of a unified Iberia from a timeline thats been kicking around in my head. Rather inspired by the Austro-Hungarian flag.

View attachment 104189

Mind you, its not perfect; I still need to get stuff centered.

I have to agree. It's a simple and clever option. The problem with Iberian Flags (apart from the little fact of both countries having 800 years of diverngent cultural path), is that they normally overlap vexillological traditions that look painfully ugly when combined (even the OTL Iberist flag, four cantons in yellow, red, white and blue, suffers from this.)

Anyway, this has inspired me to make yet other shot at a Republican Iberia.

This time, I've tried to play with the republican colours of both countries, but trying to rearrange them in a totally different way, to adapt them to a new meaning.

The meaning of the flag goes as this: Red and Green for the Portuguese republican traditon; Red and Purple for the Spanish Republican tradition (For the sake of aesthetics and balance, the Spanish yellow has been sacrified). Red as a single stripe for the converegence of both traditions in a single republic. Two white stripes to take account the unique, yet parallel paths of Spain and Portugal, sharing their future united and at peace.

How such a state could have come into being... well, I have no idea.

Republica Iberica.png

Could anyone possibly aid me with a flag for Egypt? It is a Mameluke dominated Egypt claiming lineage to Saladin in order to legitimize its rule (However the many swords and guns they have do much more to legitimize said rule). It could be described as imperialist as well.

I'm mainly thinking that perhaps a simplified version of the eagle of Saladin and perhaps a Mamluk sword with it or going through it? The colors would probably be yellow or tan mainly.

Any help in creating such a flag would be greatly appreciated. :)

Histrocially, because purple was hard to make and thus expensive, making it prohibitive for use in things like Flags.
Hum yes, Now I remember byzantine emperor making it their color because of this.
I wonder since when purple had been easy to make.

TigerLion said:
The new flag of France

Interesting idea... Especially having the French Republic's coat of arms on the flag. It's quite good but I still prefer the traditionnal Tricolor though.

Hum yes, Now I remember byzantine emperor making it their color because of this.
I wonder since when purple had been easy to make.

Probably some time during the 19th century when the industrial revolution lead to chemical development, thus making the creation of purple pigment cheap and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.