Eyes Turned Skywards

A photo from Blue Origin's headquarters, as shown on SpaceNews. That phrase, "Eyes Turned Skywards", continues to inspire :)

BlueOrigin_009-879x659.jpg

I need to visit that place some night and make off with that Enterprise. I'm an honest man, but some temptations are not to be resisted. :D

Well, since somebody else has bumped this, please note that with the newly relaxed update limits, the intro post graphic has now been updated so that it actually foreshadows the final version of the timeline as written, not the plans Workable Goblin and I had when we started posting it. :)

You should put a copy of the original up on the wiki for yucks.
Also, Dawn of the Dragon? I'll be in my bunk. Reading…

Until the Wiki catches up with the rest of the forum updates, it seems the links to my illustrations there are broken. You can find most of the more recent ones here. Hopefully the Wiki will appear again before too long, but if not I'll add all the Eyes illustrations to Flickr and take advantage of the new limitless edit function to update the links in my old posts. Might take a while though...

it will take time until the Wiki work again
in mean time Aricbald has problem that his Explorer TL use formatted text
in new forum you see also the format key making text difficult to read...

Well, I have been practising in Blender some more and I now have this to show for it :)

tYLI8uv.png

Whaddya think?

EDIT: Realised I made a small dating error.

Last edited:
Anybody know the weight of the seperate Artermis ascent and descent stages fully fuelled and empty?
The Artemis descent stage is 28.6 metric tons fueled, 7 metric tons dry in our calculation sheets. The ascent stage is 8 tons dry, 17.9 metric tons fueled.

What would the Delta-4000 and 5000 look like? What's the closest-looking rocket to it, as you would envision it?

I too am terribly curious about the Delta 4k/5k, as well as the Europa 3/4 configurations. To me they're the most interesting rockets - and they're not covered by any artwork! At least with the Europa versions, I have diameters to go on for my own models (though that's a considerable backburner project)

Looking at the Delta 4000 page on the wiki, its thrust establishes it as having 3x RS-27s attached to the first stage. I assume its no smaller than 3m across, to mate with the Centaur. Meanwhile the Delta 5000 probably looks like a stretched Delta 3 IOTL.

Dropping a sub here and saying I love ETS! It's great!
I'm mainly here from CobaltWolf's mod Bluedog Design Bureau, and I might do the US ETS missions sometime, I can link to a thread on the KSP forums about it once I get around to it. It might be in a while, though. Gotta get some visual mods uploaded!
Can't wait for more ETS!

EDIT: Sorry, for the 2 month necro, didn't check the latest post date, just searched ETS. Sorry!

Dropping a sub here and saying I love ETS! It's great!
I'm mainly here from CobaltWolf's mod Bluedog Design Bureau, and I might do the US ETS missions sometime, I can link to a thread on the KSP forums about it once I get around to it. It might be in a while, though. Gotta get some visual mods uploaded!
Can't wait for more ETS!

EDIT: Sorry, for the 2 month necro, didn't check the latest post date, just searched ETS. Sorry!
Thanks! Workable Goblin and I are always glad to hear when someone's enjoyed the timeline, and it's always a treat to see one of our rockets fly! Eyes is over, at least for quite a while, but Workable Goblin and I both have our own pojects we're working on--and I have one which might be of interest that should hopefully start posting soon.

Thanks! Workable Goblin and I are always glad to hear when someone's enjoyed the timeline, and it's always a treat to see one of our rockets fly! Eyes is over, at least for quite a while, but Workable Goblin and I both have our own pojects we're working on--and I have one which might be of interest that should hopefully start posting soon.

A new TL from you?

That I like the sound of.