Gone

Yes, it's back. And today in honor of Tenochtitlan/Mexico City being founded 700 years ago (well I'm late by two days, but I lost track of time, so sue me:p). I'm going back on posting it here due to fans asking me to reconsider and because it's not the whole of AH.com's community that is to blame for my disagreements with the administration (and besides they have little to do with the creative, and more important aspects of this site). So here's Children of the Sun again.

For those who haven't read it at the other forums, I've rewritten much of the old updates. Better research has been done on both the period overall, and on language translations. The way it's told has also been changed, one of a format more narrative in both 3rd and 1st person accounts, rather than the epistolary way it was before; there will be history book updates, written from in-TL POV, but not as much – it was just too hard to project how people will view TTL's history from nearly500 years of divergences. Anyways, the first update here is pretty similar, but the ones to follow have been rewritten considerably. So again, I hope you enjoy this.:D

It's finally back! I'm really looking forward to watching the story unfold, even if I do know some of it already. So remember to update fairly regularly. ;)

Yay! Good to see it back! I like the maps: they look better than what I remember the maps looking like that you posted months ago, although for all I know they're the exact same and I'm just looking at them on a computer screen rather than a cell phone screen....

I'm not completely sure what's going on here, but I know it's awesome. Subscribed.

Well to sum it up, this takes place a few years after the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs, and their spread across the rest of Central Mexico and Central America. This time was fraught with lots of infighting between conquistadors (for instance there was mini version of this conflict called the War of Captains in Nicaragua, as well as similar infighting after the Inca fell). The fear of a large scale Native uprising was also very much a concern. Overall the Spaniards were lucky to have gotten as far as they did in OTL, and here the TL will explore the consequences of them not being so lucky.

It's finally back! I'm really looking forward to watching the story unfold, even if I do know some of it already. So remember to update fairly regularly. ;)

Thanks, and I'll try to keep a much better pace than last time. The next three updates are already finished. I'll post them every couple of days. And the next four after that are all halfway to nearly finished.

Yay! Good to see it back! I like the maps: they look better than what I remember the maps looking like that you posted months ago, although for all I know they're the exact same and I'm just looking at them on a computer screen rather than a cell phone screen....

Thanks, but those are actually the same maps from last time. I do need to polish them up though. Like in what would become Panama and Costa Rica were actually about controlled by the Spanish as Guatemala and El Salvador were.

Oooh! Now I can read it here as well! :D

Don't worry it will be updated at Bacch too.

Hooray! It's finally back in AH.com!

Yep, and I hope you comment more;):p

It's back! Looking forward to the reboot.

Thank you. Hope you enjoy them even more than the last time.

Also- I cleaned up the maps a bit. Added some more Map key info, and on the Spanish Empire map in particular Castilla de Oro's territorial colors reflects it was only loosely controlled.

I'm very happy to see this back at AH.Com. Whatever the site's flaws, the story deserves a wider audience.

I'll take some time tomorrow and give some more substantial comments/speculation with the rewrite later. In the meantime, it's looking very good!

My goal was to have another update posted today, but I'm mulling over including a map of Guatemala with all the Maya polities sketched out.

What would you all prefer: update with a map or just the update?

Last edited: