Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the huge update I ended up doing to all the pacific islands, I'm going to spend some time updating all the current maps and giving the key a bit of a sprucing up.

Would the coast be that different (some correction on southern Italy would be welcome) at the point we should wait before updating/making new worlda maps?

Would the coast be that different (some correction on southern Italy would be welcome) at the point we should wait before updating/making new worlda maps?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're finding wrong with Italy- care to give an attempt, or at least describe what you think needs doing?

As for waiting to update maps, there's a few minor alternations scattered around in terms of island size, shape and placement, and I've redrawn every single island in the Pacific (including moving Hawaii), so that's some pretty significant effects elsewhere.

And here's an updated blank map if anyone wants to make a start on something or help with transferring stuff over.

EDIT: Found my post before with the isolated landform edits. I don't think I've altered any coastlines since then. It's using the 5000BC map as a base so there's a number of places where things show up there which technically aren't altered but they're negligible.

blank_map_2015.png

Last edited:
Are you suggesting ignoring the Gulf of Manfredonia or having the coast further south be flatter?

There's a difference between ignoring and exagerating. Currently, the coast is orientated more West/East, when it should be more NNW/SSE, less compensating the gulf, if you prefer.

Maybe modifying the coast around Bari, adding one or two pixels of sea.

There's a difference between ignoring and exagerating. Currently, the coast is orientated more West/East, when it should be more NNW/SSE, less compensating the gulf, if you prefer.

Maybe modifying the coast around Bari, adding one or two pixels of sea.

How does this look? Having the gulf represented by a pixel of coastline pushing in rather than trying to show the sea there as well.

Italy Patch.png

It indeed looks better to me.

Right, I've updated that and incorporated it into the 1885 map.

I've found out that just about every major power in the Americas apart from Peru and Bolivia had federal structures with territories at this point, so that's going to need to be reworked a bit.

I've got a 'special' tribute to that guy lined up...

Like you have to complain :p : you're working on the safe side of the chronology, after all.

Tries looking at whole maps in worlda and thinks "well, that stinks and I have to redo everything from scratch because of the "basemap-site-that-shouldn't-be-named", and then fend off the growing feeling you shall renounce before undergoing hours of search for making a border you know the guy failed big time.

Like you have to complain :p : you're working on the safe side of the chronology, after all.

Tries looking at whole maps in worlda and thinks "well, that stinks and I have to redo everything from scratch because of the "basemap-site-that-shouldn't-be-named", and then fend off the growing feeling you shall renounce before undergoing hours of search for making a border you know the guy failed big time.

Well, you'd think it would be easier to find sources, but considering how bad the Dutch East Indies were...

Just a question on a preWW2 map

6gc5j4j.png

That British claim on the Empty Quarter, what is it? Also did Britain claim it for itself, or who?

Status
Not open for further replies.