Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I've been thinking, and I think the current color for the USA is rather ugly. So here's my proposal for a new one--I only changed the properties of one color (from 69-124-124 to 69-74-124).

You're more than welcome to use it when making your own maps, as is anyone else, however in this thread we use the RCS and GCS only, and, like quite a few, the U.S. has the standard color in both.

Incidentally I like the present color as it blends the two colors I traditionally associate with the United States, those being blue and green.

You're more than welcome to use it when making your own maps, as is anyone else, however in this thread we use the RCS and GCS only, and, like quite a few, the U.S. has the standard color in both.

Incidentally I like the present color as it blends the two colors I traditionally associate with the United States, those being blue and green.

I especially like it because I can use practically any shade that is definitely greener or bluer without looking like it is owned by the US. Cascadian green, Indonesian blue, etm.

Quick question: Can anyone give a reason why on the current 1960 map Fernando Po/Bioko is shown as independent when it appears it should still be part of Spanish Guinea? I reckon it's a colouring mistake atm.

Quick question: Can anyone give a reason why on the current 1960 map Fernando Po/Bioko is shown as independent when it appears it should still be part of Spanish Guinea? I reckon it's a colouring mistake atm.

Probably coloring mistake. I don't think that these were independence on this time.

Given our recent forum move, I think we should perhaps take this oppurtunity to do the new discussion thread that keeps on being discussed. Specifically one where the OP links back to this for prior discussion, to the wiki for finished maps and then does not have a finished map dump in the first few threads to clearly indicate that it's discussion.

We can also get a good list of what has been done and what needs to be done to help with organisation.

Is there a map of the world in 476 AD?

I've got one of 475 and one of 477.

0475ad.png

Given our recent forum move, I think we should perhaps take this oppurtunity to do the new discussion thread that keeps on being discussed. Specifically one where the OP links back to this for prior discussion, to the wiki for finished maps and then does not have a finished map dump in the first few threads to clearly indicate that it's discussion.

We can also get a good list of what has been done and what needs to be done to help with organisation.

I started one but the idea was shot down. Feel free to start one again.

Below are some of the states in Southern-Central Africa in the mid-1880s, including Msiri and Mirambo's powerful kingdoms and Tippu Tip's personal empire in Eastern Congo.

Msiri%27s_kingdom_in_1880_760x460_lo-res.jpg

I'm sure someone of more skill than I could incorporate this into one of the maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.