Any Decent British Historical TV/Film?

Deleted member 140587

Depends on the era:
Here are a few I watched recently:

The Pillars Of The Earth - TV series set during The Anarchy (1135-1153). It's based off a book which has also been made into a very good video game.
Sharpe - it's a fairly famous TV series set during the Napoleonic Wars: I highly recommend it if that's an era your interested in
The Terror (Season 1) - the show is actually American but the actors and characters are British and it does display a small part of British history: the lost Sir John Franklin expedition and the search for the Northwest Passage.
Four Feathers - the movie is set during the Mahdist War in the Sudan. There's actually several movies with this story as the plot, but the two I'd recommend are the 1939 version and the 2002 version (the 2002 one has Heath Ledger, so there you go).

The Hollow Crown season 1- Based on Shakespeare's historical plays Richard II, the Henry IV plays & Henry V crammed full of great British actors you are sure to recognize. Season 2 is based on the Richard III and the War of the Roses basically all the great intrigue and battles of G.O.T. without dragons and the some what dis appointing ending unless you are a fan of the original Tricky Dickie.

Wolf Hall - Based on the book by Hilary Mantel, its a six part series about the rise of Thomas Cromwell under Henry VIII. It is really fantastic at showing the way politics in the era worked.