An Age of Miracles: The Revival of Rhomanion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to even sound like I'm defending those swine, but perhaps they didn't know it was the Royal Family?

Given the fact royalty is usually distinctive in appearance, I would not count on it.

And it certainly won't be believed by anyone with any reason to distrust Venice, which is far too many people (even people otherwise merely "Meh." on the international scale towards the Most Barbaric Republic).

Given the fact royalty is usually distinctive in appearance, I would not count on it.

And it certainly won't be believed by anyone with any reason to distrust Venice, which is far too many people (even people otherwise merely "Meh." on the international scale towards the Most Barbaric Republic).

Probably wouldnt really matter, although how many other people would be wearing the kinds of clothes the royal family gets away with (I doubt many in Smyrna would be wearing purple for one thing).

They were all dressed in civilian clothing.

Elfwine would probably say that the difference in diet between the Royals and the Plebs ensured that the Royal Family is still distinctive-looking.

I thought that too but I doubt it would be much different than anyone else who doesn't go hungry, lowerclass to royalty I can understand but this is the Empire's fifth city, filled with merchants and middle class people and nobility. It probably would be more strange to see people who don't get enough to eat than those who do.

Well, I love/hate the representation of Medieval brutality, but more than that, I'm interested to see what this starts in Andreas. He's 10, so it's not like he has been damaged in his primary formative years, but this is one of the worst things that can be done to a person short of raping them. He is old enough to know that not all people are bad, but this will make him hate anyone who he considers responsible for this. The questions are, can he channel his rage into something useful, and, who/what does he blame this on. Obviously he blames the Venetian soldiers, but does he blame all Venetians? Does he blame the pope, and if so does he blame Pope Julius, the Roman Papacy, or all Popes in general? Does his father share in the blame for leaving him and his mother defenseless? Will he become suspicious of his father in general because of this? If he does, he might even blame Alexia simply for being the product of his father's infidelity. These are the questions that I find most relevant, since Theodoros has most likely a maximum of 10 years left, which means that Andreas, provided he's competent, will be on the throne for decades.

When Andreas gets to the throne, not a single person will remain alive in all of Italy, let alone Venice! When the hell's the next chapter! I demand a response from the emperor RIGHT NOW!!!

When Andreas gets to the throne, not a single person will remain alive in all of Italy, let alone Venice! When the hell's the next chapter! I demand a response from the emperor RIGHT NOW!!!

It would probably take time before the news were brought to the emperor, seeing that the Aegean is reeking with murderer ships. Venice will pay.

Alahu ackbar!

All of Italy includes Genoa, which is a trading partner of the Romans. And what about Ancona and Urbino?

I'm fully expecting there to be very few Venicians left after the Romans are done with them. This is seriously one of those "kill them all, let god sort them" kinda moments in history.

No, the Rhomans took control of Malta in exchange for giving the Marinids the Hospitaller's fleet, while the Hospitallers themselves have Krak Des Chevaliers.

In the end it dosent metter that the soldiers didnt recognize them because they where dressd as normal people. What dose matter that the killing and rape did hapen so there must be a consequate. I will give you an exemple for something like this happening: Andrew Báthory was a bishop, prince of Transylvania and future king of Poland. He was killed by bandits in 1599 near the village of Csikszentdomokos. For this crime the whole village of Csikszentdomokos was excomunicated from the catholic churche and no other religion would accept them. To this day Csikszentdomokos cant build a church and cant have a priest within its borders. After 400 the punishment still stand. Now he was a minor clerigie and prince. What do you think will hapen to the murderers of the royal familie of one of the most important and powerfull nations of Europe?

I thought that too but I doubt it would be much different than anyone else who doesn't go hungry, lowerclass to royalty I can understand but this is the Empire's fifth city, filled with merchants and middle class people and nobility. It probably would be more strange to see people who don't get enough to eat than those who do.

Even in civilian clothing, they probably are at least well dressed. They can afford it.

In the end it dosent metter that the soldiers didnt recognize them because they where dressd as normal people. What dose matter that the killing and rape did hapen so there must be a consequate. I will give you an exemple for something like this happening: Andrew Báthory was a bishop, prince of Transylvania and future king of Poland. He was killed by bandits in 1599 near the village of Csikszentdomokos. For this crime the whole village of Csikszentdomokos was excomunicated from the catholic churche and no other religion would accept them. To this day Csikszentdomokos cant build a church and cant have a priest within its borders. After 400 the punishment still stand. Now he was a minor clerigie and prince. What do you think will hapen to the murderers of the royal familie of one of the most important and powerfull nations of Europe?
They get fucked up by every one else...

Unless your a communist nation in the future, then you salute them for killing royals.

Adio Venice it was nice knowing you, Adio to you the Pope in Roma, when Europe hears about what the Venetians did that's the end of them, it's not something they can ignore, if they can do that to one royal family they can do that to any royal family which basically black lists Venice now and that the Pope has green lighted the invasion in which this has happened which is a massive strike against him...

Status
Not open for further replies.