Status
Not open for further replies.
Around this time Casper and the Angels debuted. It was crap, but I thought Hairy Scarey was an okay albeit annoying character - he at least had some character. If that hasn't been butterflied he'd make a good mentor/protector to Casper as a counter balance to the Ghostly Trio in future productions.
I remember that show, wasn't it about Casper being the guardian angel of two space bikers or something? Considering it was a Hanna-Barbera work, it has most likely been butterflied, though Hairy Scarey or some different version of him could still happen.

Considering that the next Casper series is going to be Disney-made it's going to be better than the Hanna-Barbera series.
Well that's a given, especially since this Disney is even better than the Disney of OTL. That being said, I hope a lot of the characters that got forgotten in OTL, like Richie Rich, Hot Stuff the Little Devil, and Wendy the Good Little Witch, aren't forgotten here.

Well that's a given, especially since this Disney is even better than the Disney of OTL. That being said, I hope a lot of the characters that got forgotten in OTL, like Richie Rich, Hot Stuff the Little Devil, and Wendy the Good Little Witch, aren't forgotten here.
No character should be left behind. Besides, it's only rational to utilize all of the Harvey characters. They didn't pay $26 million for Casper alone.

Possible UHF casting butterflies: I've heard David Bowie, and definitely know Joel Hodgeson and Crispin Glover were the original choices to play the mad scientist (Joel was busy with MST3K and Glover wanted to play the used car salesman).

Around this time Casper and the Angels debuted. It was crap, but I thought Hairy Scarey was an okay albeit annoying character - he at least had some character. If that hasn't been butterflied he'd make a good mentor/protector to Casper as a counter balance to the Ghostly Trio in future productions.

Do you it is possable to butterfly away the death of Trinidad Silva who played Raul in UHF. He died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver hitting before fishing filming AL his sceans. The fact that Uhf was produced by fox instead instead of Orion may change the filming location causing silva commuting route to change so he wasn't run over by the drunk.

Looking ahead to the Eighties with a tweaked pipeline

North Avenue Irregulars (Hyperion)
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
The Unidentified Flying Oddball
The Muppet Movie
The Sword in the Stone

Midnight Madness (Hyperion)
Watcher in the Woods (Hyperion)
Herbie Goes Bananas
The Last Flight of Noah's Ark
Musicana

Captain America
The Great Muppet Caper
Raiders of the Lost Ark (Hyperion)
The Fox and the Hound
Amy (Hyperion?)
The Devil and Max Devlin (Hyperion)

The Empire Strikes Back
ET: The Extra Terrestrial
The Howling Commandos
Night Crossing (Hyperion)
TRON
Tex (Hyperion?)

The Secret of NIMH
Trenchcoat (Hyperion)
Never Cry Wolf (Hyperion)
Something Wicked this Way Comes (Hyperion)
Condorman
The Muppets Take Manhattan

Splash (Hyperion)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Hyperion)
The Black Cauldron
The Mighty Thor
Frankenweenie
Return to Oz
Country (Hyperion)

Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (Hyperion)
Iron Man
Luke Cage (Hyperion)
Basil of Baker Street
Back to the Future (Hyperion)
The Journey of Natty Gann
My Science Project (Hyperion)
One Magic Christmas

Down and Out in Beverly Hills (Hyperion)
Off Beat (Hyperion)
Godzilla
Return of the Jedi
Flight of the Navigator
Captain America II
Ruthless People (Hyperion)
Tough Guys (Hyperion)
The Color of Money (Hyperion)

The Brave Little Toaster
Ernest Goes to Camp (Hyperion)
Benji the Hunted
Adventures in Babysitting (Hyperion)
Captain America III
Three Men and a Baby (Hyperion)
Good Morning Vietnam (Hyperion)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Hyperion)
The Incredible Hulk
Cocktail (Hyperion)
Return to Snowy River
The Land Before Time
Ernest Saves Christmas (Hyperion)
Beaches (Hyperion)

The Punisher (Hyperion)
Oliver and Company (Disney Movietoons)
Cheetah
Dead Poets Society (Hyperion)
Turner and Hooch (Hyperion)
Back to the Future Part II
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Hyperion)
The Little Mermaid

If you have any ideas for additions or subtractions to the list please let me know. Many of the OTL Touchstone titles not listed on here will likely be made at other studios.

I would remove the three Bette Midler films (Down and Out, Ruthless People, Beaches). IOTL Eisner wanted Midler since Disney wasn't doing well financially at the time and they needed a big star under contract...ITTL since Hyperion will probably be really successful with Indiana Jones, Luke Cage, and BTTF they won't need Midler. All Girl Productions will just sign a contract with another studio. Midler will be at Disney anyway with Oliver & Company and in the next decade Hocus Pocus.

Other than that I'd just add Can't Buy Me Love to 1987's Hyperion slate.

I would remove the three Bette Midler films (Down and Out, Ruthless People, Beaches). IOTL Eisner wanted Midler since Disney wasn't doing well financially at the time and they needed a big star under contract...ITTL since Hyperion will probably be really successful with Indiana Jones, Luke Cage, and BTTF they won't need Midler. All Girl Productions will just sign a contract with another studio. Midler will be at Disney anyway with Oliver & Company and in the next decade Hocus Pocus.

Other than that I'd just add Can't Buy Me Love to 1987's Hyperion slate.

So, if I take those three off the list, what would you suggest I replace those with?

Also, what else would you like to see on this thread?

There's a notable absence. Where's Ghostbusters? I'm torn on whether or not Ghostbusters should stay with Columbia or become yet another trophy for Hyperion. I'm thinking the former to keep Columbia afloat.

The fact that Filmation curled up and died long before the film would be made means that they wouldn't need to pay to keep the name and the animated adaptation doesn't have to call itself "The Real Ghostbusters". Hopefully, we can keep the animated series from being forced by the studio to be dominated by the shoehorned-in mascot character like in OTL.

How would it be possible to incorporate elements of the terrible 2016 film into the franchise? I'm thinking either Extreme Ghostbusters-esque sequel series or a third live-action film to properly pass the torch this time. Holtzmann, the cool new gadgets and a much-changed version of Rowan North would be what I'd include. My Rowan would be the child of a member of a group that splintered off from Shandor's group when Gozer worship seemingly resulted in nothing happening. He'd either be voiced by Tony Jay if animated and played by Christopher Lee if live-action.

There's a notable absence. Where's Ghostbusters? I'm torn on whether or not Ghostbusters should stay with Columbia or become yet another trophy for Hyperion. I'm thinking the former to keep Columbia afloat.

The fact that Filmation curled up and died long before the film would be made means that they wouldn't need to pay to keep the name and the animated adaptation doesn't have to call itself "The Real Ghostbusters". Hopefully, we can keep the animated series from being forced by the studio to be dominated by the shoehorned-in mascot character like in OTL.

How would it be possible to incorporate elements of the terrible 2016 film into the franchise? I'm thinking either Extreme Ghostbusters-esque sequel series or a third live-action film to properly pass the torch this time. Holtzmann, the cool new gadgets and a much-changed version of Rowan North would be what I'd include. My Rowan would be the child of a member of a group that splintered off from Shandor's group when Gozer worship seemingly resulted in nothing happening. He'd either be voiced by Tony Jay if animated and played by Christopher Lee if live-action.

Ghostbusters will still happen as scheduled. CBS, the parent company of Columbia ITTL has plenty of cash to buy the Filmation property in bankruptcy court if they elect to do so.

For a proper "new generation" film, apart from Holtzmann, I would include Kylie Griffin, one other dude, and maybe a son or nephew of one of the original members.

Ghostbusters will still happen as scheduled. CBS, the parent company of Columbia ITTL has plenty of cash to buy the Filmation property in bankruptcy court if they elect to do so.

For a proper "new generation" film, apart from Holtzmann, I would include Kylie Griffin, one other dude, and maybe a son or nephew of one of the original members.

I've got an idea for one of the guys. Charles "Charlie" Peck, Walter Peck's rebellious son. And an older version of Oscar Barrett could work too.

So there'd be the original films, the animated series based on said original films, the new generation film/films and the animated series based on those films.

Just updated the pipeline.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Ruthless People and Beaches are out. In are the Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Can't Buy Me Love.

When will the non-Marvel superhero movies start being released? Charlton-Fawcett, DC and All-American have potential to make good movies too. I hope that Jim Carrey can still be Captain Thunder after going to the gym for a bit. I'm anxious to see who'd play the Joker when the inevitable Batman film is released.

One unfortunate side-effect of Disney owning both E.T. and Atari is that they will make E.T. for the Atari 2600.
At least they would save 40 millons of dollar of license(when learned that i almost fell out my chair, WTF think that was a good idea?), regardless maybe they would take the time and not rushed it

BTW OldNavy1988, if you're thinking ahead to the 90s, I'd like to suggest the OTL Touchstone/Hollywood releases that should be on the TTL Hyperion lineup (OTL Touchstone/Hollywood released ~13 films per year in the decade but I'm limiting the # to 6 at most to make room for your other planned Hyperion films):

Pretty Woman
Ernest Goes to Jail
Dick Tracy
Arachnophobia
Three Men and a Little Lady
Green Card

Oscar
What About Bob? (would be Frank Oz's third film for Disney TTL following Dark Crystal and Muppets Take Manhattan)
Ernest Scared Stupid
Billy Bathgate
Father of the Bride

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
Medicine Man
Noises Off
Encino Man
Sister Act
Captain Ron

Alive
Swing Kids
What's Love Got to Do with It
The Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton's return to Disney)
Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
Tombstone

The Ref
When a Man Loves a Woman
Color of Night
Quiz Show
Ed Wood (hopefully this will be a MUCH bigger hit ITTL than it was IOTL)

While You Were Sleeping
Crimson Tide
Dangerous Minds
Father of the Bride Part II
Nixon
Mr. Holland's Opus

Spy Hard
The Rock
Phenomenon
Jack
Ransom
Evita

Grosse Pointe Blank
Romy & Michele's High School Reunion
Con Air
Nothing to Lose
G.I. Jane
Kundun

Armageddon
The Waterboy
Enemy of the State
Six Days Seven Nights
He Got Game (first film in Spike Lee partnership)
Rushmore (first film in Wes Anderson partnership)

The Sixth Sense (first film in M. Night Shyamalan partnership)
10 Things I Hate About You
Summer of Sam
The 13th Warrior
Mystery, Alaska
The Insider

When will the non-Marvel superhero movies start being released? Charlton-Fawcett, DC and All-American have potential to make good movies too. I hope that Jim Carrey can still be Captain Thunder after going to the gym for a bit. I'm anxious to see who'd play the Joker when the inevitable Batman film is released.

They should start filming soon as the first Captain America proves successful.

Do you it is possible to butterfly away the death of Trinidad Silva who played Raul in UHF. He died in a car crash caused by a drunk driver hitting before fishing filming all his sceans. The fact that Uhf was produced by fox instead instead of Orion may change the filming location causing silva commuting route to change so he wasn't run over by the drunk.Do you think it is possaible for a uhf two to made. I started writting a uhf 2 fanfict but neaver fhished. I thought it got good when i started wrting it back around 2010 but as time went by i start think it was bad.However parts of it could possialbe be slavaged so I will still tell it to you if you want

Richard Williams' Hobbit
THE HOBBIT
Plot: The plot is about 85% faithful to the book, and a lot, but not everything of what didn't make the cut in the OTL Rankin Bass version are included in this film for a ninety minute running time.
Based on the book by JRR Tolkien
Director: Richard Williams
Producers: Saul Zaentz & Richard Williams
Distributed by: United Artists, A Turner Company
Release date: May 31, 1979

VOICES
Ian Holm...Bilbo Baggins
John Carradine...Gandalf
Hans Conried...Thorin
John Vernon...Smaug
Michael Gambon...Radagast
Brother Theodore...Gollum
Peter Cushing...Thranduil
Derek Jacobi...Bard the Bowman
Donald Sutherland...Elrond
Christopher Lee...Saruman

Dwarves, Orcs and Trolls
Graham Chapman
Terry Jones
Spike Milligan
Terry-Thomas
Tim Brooke-Taylor

Note: The Hobbit was originally slated for Christmas of 1978, but was pushed back to Summer 1979 just in case Superman was a hit.

Reactions...

"Nobody thought a Hobbit movie would ever happen, so don't be surprised to see lines across multiple city blocks to see this dazzling animated masterpiece."
- Roger Ebert

"A well-crafted sword and sorcery journey!"
- Judith Crist

"A film that'll go down in history as a landmark in feature animation."
- Good Morning America

"First time in a long time we've had an animated film worthy of competing with Disney."
- The Dallas Morning News

"With this film alone, Richard Williams earns my utmost respect as a legitimate Disney competitor."
- Gene Siskel

"Tolkien's characters translate surprisingly well onto the silver screen."
- The Miami Herald

Oh cool, the Hobbit film did well! Also, I really like how everyone considers it impressive that an animated film can compete with Disney. That's kind of funny, considering that they weren't doing so hot during this time period in OTL, if I remember right.

Status
Not open for further replies.