America: A TL Retold

Dear God! Turkey and France are more vital than ever for the German War effort. Goebbels should offer them whatever they want for their assistance. Spain as well.
Italy basically has their entire industrial base occupied by the Central Powers. If Germany can get France to join them, game over.
True a lot of Italys industry is in the north but, this Italy was created from napoleonic Naples in the sith instead of Sardinia. so while the North probably still had the majority there's a decent amount in the south and around. or so I assume

True a lot of Italys industry is in the north but, this Italy was created from napoleonic Naples in the sith instead of Sardinia. so while the North probably still had the majority there's a decent amount in the south and around. or so I assume
An excellent point. So the political heart of the country is in the south then. Probably why they're still fighting, though if France joins then game over

Europe's Neutral States

While most of the nations of Europe were at war, there were some that had so far refrained from entering the conflict. That didn't keep both sides from trying though. The most sought after prizes were France and Turkey and to a lesser extent Spain due to their geographical positions, and to a lesser extent Spain. Germany had tried some to talk France into entering the war on the side of the Central Powers offering Nice, Savoy, Corsica, Tunisia, Italian Morocco, some British colonies, and British and Dutch Guiana though refused to return any of the territory that they had taken from them during World War I. Though Italy also refuse to return territory to France Britain and Italy offered up German territory along their border, the return of some of their Caribbean and African colonies, German East Africa, and parts of German Central Africa along with a seat at the negotiating table and a share of any post war reparations. France however had suffered greatly in the last war and had been plagued by civil war and revolution in the years following. Though its army had been raised to close to 700,000 with men on both Italian and German borders, for the time being at least, they still would declare that they were remaining neutral.

During World War I Spain had a somewhat modern military. However following the war Spain was deeply in debt with sizable portions of the country damaged from fighting and after nearly three decades of neglect the Spanish Army, to say nothing of its navy, was in no position to fight a war against a modern power.

Germany wanted an alliance with Turkey. While the Turkish military was nothing to be proud of their army had 600,000 regulars in it with another half million in reserve which could take a lot of the strain off the German eastern front. Berlin offered Ankara the lands it lost to Russia in their previous two wars, parts of northern Syria, the Dodecanese, and Germany would supply the army with modern weaponry and training. It was a large offering and one which Ankara was considering in taking. Fearing this representatives from Britain and Russia came to an agreement and made an offering of their own to Turkey. Following an Allied victory Russia would return to Turkey the territory that it acquired following the last war, agree to a plebiscite in the Kars Oblast, and Turkey would acquire land from Persia. All they had to do was remain neutral in the war. Though both had their up sides and their down sides only one offer gave Turkey something without bloodshed. In the end Turkey took the Allies deal and redeclared their neutrality in the war. Hearing this Goebbels would be livid and vowed to pay Turkey back for their “stabbing” Germany in the back. That would have to wait however until this current war was concluded.

Damn. Turkey could've gotten a better deal with the Germans.
At least there's a chance France and the US joins the Central Powers.
What's the status of Atomic Research? Perhaps the Germans have that little tidbit up their sleeve

Damn. Turkey could've gotten a better deal with the Germans.
At least there's a chance France and the US joins the Central Powers.
What's the status of Atomic Research? Perhaps the Germans have that little tidbit up their sleeve
Well due to earlier ww1 technology has speed up a little but while there is research going on its not sped up enough to have a bomb made soon

Well due to earlier ww1 technology has speed up a little but while there is research going on its not sped up enough to have a bomb made soon
If the war drags on a few more years, then I could see the Germans using it.
They need something to turn the tide, and fast. Either get France and/or the US into the war, knock out Italy, or a brilliant move that crushes the Russians (Unexpected armored thrust? Finnish uprising? Uprising of the Muslims in the Caucasus?)

or a brilliant move that crushes the Russians (Unexpected armored thrust? Finnish uprising? Uprising of the Muslims in the Caucasus?)
Well the wars not over yet. I've thought off and in of a Finnish uprising but not decided. for a Muslim uprising well how are they going to get supplied?

Romanian/Bulgarian navy in the Black Sea? Germans controlling the Crimea mean the Russians have no ports to speak of
Well yeah you have a point there but really how much would funding an uprising there help? what'll it do tie up a division? maybe two? worst I can see it doing is slowing the campaign against the Persians

Well yeah you have a point there but really how much would funding an uprising there help? what'll it do tie up a division? maybe two? worst I can see it doing is slowing the campaign against the Persians
It would be more sewing up discord for the Germans to regain the initiative in the Caucasus. Finland rising up (and the Germans getting Sweden on their side) would eliminate having to station troops to guard Karela

It would be more sewing up discord for the Germans to regain the initiative in the Caucasus. Finland rising up (and the Germans getting Sweden on their side) would eliminate having to station troops to guard Karela
Sweden is about as in germany'so side as they're going to be. they're doing the same as OTL basically

this is a good TL but to me it seems like you just are going to screw Germany and their allies just like TTL WW1 with America and the Entente, otherwise despite this criticism it is a good TL but even for it being an ATL some of the things you have mentioned just do not make sense from a military tacticians Point of View

this is a good TL but to me it seems like you just are going to screw Germany and their allies just like TTL WW1 with America and the Entente, otherwise despite this criticism it is a good TL but even for it being an ATL some of the things you have mentioned just do not make sense from a military tacticians Point of View
Hopefully the Germans will win, but they have to work for it.
I'm hoping for an American Sealion (hey, what's wrong with wishing big?)

Well I already know what I'm going to do in the long run cause I've known what my end game is since the mid 1850s on here though I have changed and added a few things here and there as the story progressed.

What are the things your referring to? I'm not promising I'll change anything but I may and I always enjoy getting input and learning new things

Well I already know what I'm going to do in the long run cause I've known what my end game is since the mid 1850s on here though I have changed and added a few things here and there as the story progressed.

What are the things your referring to? I'm not promising I'll change anything but I may and I always enjoy getting input and learning new things
my main issue from the military standpoint is that Russia would have enough troops to invade Persia when at the same time they are trying to hold the area which rommel is attacking, it just does not make sense because the invasion of Persia does nothing to relieve pressure from the Germans and opens up another front that Russia would be stressed in man power to reinforce in case of something going wrong, my last question is how many battle hardened russian troops make it over the volga because if i read it right most of the combat tested troops are either captured or dead thus leaving the russians with conscripts or greenhorns, so i dont see how it would have been feesable for them to take an entire German Field Army out of action

my main issue from the military standpoint is that Russia would have enough troops to invade Persia when at the same time they are trying to hold the area which rommel is attacking, it just does not make sense because the invasion of Persia does nothing to relieve pressure from the Germans and opens up another front that Russia would be stressed in man power to reinforce in case of something going wrong, my last question is how many battle hardened russian troops make it over the volga because if i read it right most of the combat tested troops are either captured or dead thus leaving the russians with conscripts or greenhorns, so i dont see how it would have been feesable for them to take an entire German Field Army out of action
The army in Persia is the same one that they have had fighting Persia. the reason that they're invading is 1 they're winning against them and 2 cause Persia is a weak link and with them out nearly everything can be focused on Germany. having trouble remembering, what combat tested troops are you referring to?

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
Just wondering what is the German policy and raising and equipping units from occupied Russian territory? the Ukrainians and Baltics are likely willing to throw out the Russians, so are the Poles but that has some other risks, and this Germany does not have the racial obstacle to fighting and using Slavs to fight Russia.

The Germans must go to scrapping the barrel, taking the men out of the factories and putting women in them, plus equipping every single nationalist and anti-russian partisan they can get their hands on.

To do less than that is to invite defeat in detail like OTL WWI.

Just wondering what is the German policy and raising and equipping units from occupied Russian territory? the Ukrainians and Baltics are likely willing to throw out the Russians, so are the Poles but that has some other risks, and this Germany does not have the racial obstacle to fighting and using Slavs to fight Russia.
You know I honestly haven't thought of that. thanks for bringing it up I'll have to check in to it

The army in Persia is the same one that they have had fighting Persia. the reason that they're invading is 1 they're winning against them and 2 cause Persia is a weak link and with them out nearly everything can be focused on Germany. having trouble remembering, what combat tested troops are you referring to?
my question was if any troops that faced the germans in the opening offensives were ablee to fall back to wherever they ended at the end of the offensive season