Alterntive History Armoured Fighting Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said the timeline would take place in the mid 50s.

By which point there aren't going to be many Pz.Kpfw. IVs left, outside of a few at the scrapyard or used as a bunker somewhere filled with concrete. By contrast, Shermans and T-34s were used by pretty much every European country up through at least the '50s, so they would be everywhere. Poland and Czechoslovakia were even making their own T-34/85s as well by that point.

By which point there aren't going to be many Pz.Kpfw. IVs left, outside of a few at the scrapyard or used as a bunker somewhere filled with concrete. By contrast, Shermans and T-34s were used by pretty much every European country up through at least the '50s, so they would be everywhere. Poland and Czechoslovakia were even making their own T-34/85s as well by that point.
How do you know the conditions of this alternate world when La Rouge hasn't written anything yet?

How do you know the conditions of this alternate world when La Rouge hasn't written anything yet?

He specifically asked about tanks from OTL's late WWII through the early '50s, which isn't going to change drastically if it's set sometime in the mid '50s. You can't just rewrite history after the fact under the guise of alternate history.

He specifically asked about tanks from OTL's late WWII through the early '50s, which isn't going to change drastically if it's set sometime in the mid '50s. You can't just rewrite history after the fact under the guise of alternate history.
Fine LiB I give up, trying to exchange points of views with you is just too difficult.

THIS THREAD IS MOVING

One and All,

We are now on page 499 and this thread will soon come to the end of its natural life.

I thank you all for your support and collaboration over the years and for your seemingly endless flow of creative ideas. Clearly we are all still in mid flow and the limitations of the site should not bound our enthusiasm.

With that in mind, I have fired up an Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 2 thread so that we can carry on the good work. You can find the new thread at:

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=10920819

LONG LIVE AH AFVs! :)

Last edited:
One and All,

We are now on page 499 and this thread will soon come to the end of its natural life.

I thank you all for your support and collaboration over the years and for your seemingly endless flow of creative ideas. Clearly we are all still in mid flow and the limitations of the site should not bound our enthusiasm.

With that in mind I have fired up an Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 2 thread so that we can carry on the good work. You can find the new thread at:

Yes its have a good life. I look forward to seeing what we cook up on the new thread. :D

One and All,

With that in mind I have fired up an Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 2 thread so that we can carry on the good work. You can find the new thread at:

HEAR HEAR! :D:cool:
Yes its have a good life. I look forward to seeing what we cook up on the new thread. :D
I strongly concur. :)

Inspired by La Rouge Beret's idea for WWII AFVs in a post apocalyptic world it occurred to me a lot of tanks would be missing parts like guns or turrets but that wouldn't stop a determined group of post apocalyptic warriors now would it?
M4 with 12mm DShK MG, smoke grenade launchers and an anti-tank rocket launcher mounted on a simple tub placed over the turret ring, the weapons are operated by remote control from within the tank's hull.

I could easily see something like this in a Mad Max movie, it would make mincemeat of all those silly dune buggies and modded muscle cars. :cool::D

m4 w-12mm DShK-.gif

Inspired by La Rouge Beret's idea for WWII AFVs in a post apocalyptic world it occurred to me a lot of tanks would be missing parts like guns or turrets but that wouldn't stop a determined group of post apocalyptic warriors now would it?
M4 with 12mm DShK MG, smoke grenade launchers and an anti-tank rocket launcher mounted on a simple tub placed over the turret ring, the weapons are operated by remote control from within the tank's hull.

I could easily see something like this in a Mad Max movie, it would make mincemeat of all those silly dune buggies and modded muscle cars. :cool::D

Very nice indeed. Until one of the said dune buggies appear from behind and one brave red shirt try to climb your toy :).

Very nice indeed. Until one of the said dune buggies appear from behind and one brave red shirt try to climb your toy :).
Well that's what makes those films exiting now isn't it? :D

Another P.A-AFV. T-34 with quad fifty or a poor man's Wirbelwind.

T-34 Quad-50.png

oooh very nice.
small point. If is a t-34, the machine guns probably the 14.5mm KPV
Probably but I didn't think of it. :eek::D
I believe this is the last post that will go here.

This was an AWESOME thread! See you all over Alt-AFVs Pt. II. :)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.