Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mzys8nfrxf1st18yzo1_400.gif

Oh, cheer up! Mulrooney's up soon!:p

Last edited:
Not really an update at all, but I spruced up the Party of the Regions' logo for submission to Deviantart.

So, yeah, I'm on Deviantart now and my wikiboxes are going to be published there until the end of the summer.

party_of_the_regions__uk____2068_c_e__by_machinekng-da8strz.png

Last edited:
So, this will likely be my last set of boxes for the thread this summer. I'm going on a fishing trip on Tuesday, and any further boxes I sneak in will be published to deviantart and to the index directly. I will list both in my sig before I head out. Also, I think I may have messed up on the exact seats due to senate classes. I may remake the maps, but the narrative and final count will be the same.

Thanks.

This series remains excellent. To few future TLs go into the emergence of totally new ideologies and political movements.

Not really an update at all, but I spruced up the Party of the Regions' logo for submission to Deviantart.

So, yeah, I'm on Deviantart now and my wikiboxes are going to be published there until the end of the summer.

party_of_the_regions__uk____2068_c_e__by_machinekng-da8strz.png
The Regionalists seem interesting. They're obviously a Paleoliberal party, but their support for mutualism and their name (Party of Regions) hint at a quite localist influence.

Is localism normal for Paleoliberalism, or is it just the Party of Regions? And I wonder, is this the party libertarians vote for if they really dislike Inglab?

The Regionalists seem interesting. They're obviously a Paleoliberal party, but their support for mutualism and their name (Party of Regions) hint at a quite localist influence.

Is localism normal for Paleoliberalism, or is it just the Party of Regions? And I wonder, is this the party libertarians vote for if they really dislike Inglab?

Paleoliberals tend to be more supportive of regionalism and federalism in general.

And yeah, anyone who would call themselves a libertarian would never vote for the ELP, which wears its authoritarian influences on its sleeve.

So I got Inkscape and figured out how to work on those Canadian election maps that Wikipedia uses. So, I figured might as well make one that would make @CanadianTory happy since he has to deal with people on AH.com making fun of him for disliking PM Dreamboat's dad.

The results of the 2019 Canadian federal election would have been unthinkable only a few years after the ouster of Stephen Harper. The fiercely contested Conservative election to replace Harper as leader selected dark horse candidate Lisa Raitt, who narrowly defeated the outspoken Kevin O'Leary to take the leadership. The Liberal reform program sailed through Parliament, successfully strengthening Canada's environmental laws, legalized marijuana use and increased the scope and funding for Canada's social programs. However, the promise to reform the country's voting system was delayed due to overwhelming public pressure for a referendum on the matter and the first of two referendums to select the House of Commons' voting system concluded with first-past-the-post and the single-transferable vote advancing to the second referendum to take place in February 2020.

The economic downturn in Europe as a result of the British exit from the European Union made its way to Canada in late 2018, ending the second generation of Trudeaumania. Raitt hammered Trudeau over the government's "excessive" environmental regulations costing Canadian jobs and castigating him for failing to help the Canadian energy sector, a line of attack that grew increasingly popular as an especially fierce winter in 2018-19 exposed several governmental failures in energy regulation.

As a result of an especially poor year following the beginning of the late-2010s recession, voters declined to return the Liberals for another term. Raitt, the first "elected" female prime minister, led her party to a two-seat majority. The New Democratic Party under Peter Julian continued its decade-long struggle to define itself following the death of Jack Layton and fell another 13 seats as the Conservatives rebounded in British Columbia. Besides Raitt winning a majority rather than a plurality of seats, the second-most surprising result of the election was the Bloc Québécois being shut out of parliament for the first time since the party's founding- a result of support for Quebec separatism continuing to drop and efforts by the New Democrats to repeat the "Orange Surge" of eight years earlier.

canada2019ctdream.png

The amount of energy that will be invested in by-elections after that result could probably be enough to power all of Manitoba.

Under the Dome: the Redoubt Project
kYWNAcr.png

The Redoubt Project
(or the Large Scale Safe Areas Project, as its officially known) is the immense scale construction effort that built the now ubiquitous domes that cover Australia's cities. the Redoubt project is the largest infrastructure project in Australia's history; the gargantuan outpouring of labor, resources and wealth serves to underline the immense importance of the project to Australia's future.

The Redoubt project's first genesis came about in a study by the South Australian government into projects that could help boost Adelaide's profile in the world. One such possibility studied was encasing the city in an immense dome; in this case the primary actor was tourism, but the possibility of defending against radiation and contaminates was noted. the dome proposal was dusted off in the early eighties as part of "war Plan J", a thought exercise based on a (then hypothetical) post nuclear exchange world. Both proposals noted the huge amount of resources the domes would require, as well as the labor; War Plan J noted that, the maturing field of cybernetics could reduce labor costs through the use of enhanced workers.

The Redoubt project was finally initiated soon after the bombs fell as part of Plan 2000, the Australian Governments plan to ensure continuity of the country. Plan 2000's scope was wide ranging, from habitation to agriculture and defence, and also had a very wide goal set: at best, the plan would ensure Australia's continued to existence into the 21st century. At worst, it would ensure the survival of the human race. Ground was broken on the first domes in 1987; as predicted in War Plan J, the use of cyborg labor was critical. Before the war, the number of cyborgs in Australia numbered less than a hundred; by 1988, over 30,000 had rebuilt.

The initial dome designs were heavy, resource intensive structures: the type 1 "Glass domes", made from leaded glass. These structures were complicate and labor intensive, and were soon overtaken by the larger, easier to construct type-2 semi-rigid designs. The Type-2 utilise glass-fiber fabrics in lieu of glass, stretched over a light frame or cables and pulled taunt. Type-2 domes could cover a much larger area for less resources; a testament to this is that five Type-2 domes had been completed before the first Type-1 dome. Type-2 domes were in turn, superseded by type-3 domes, that utlised a semi-inflatable design that did away with much of the internal supports and bracing. Additionally, Type-3 domes were not constrained to the generally round shape of the type-1 and 2 domes, and could be built much larger. the downside of their design is the requirement of constant power to run air pumps.

Despite the use of cyborg labor, the labor requirements were still immense; corporation such as ASI took advantage of this, competing for contracts and making huge profits. ASI had the added advantage of holding a near monopoly on Cyborg production in Australia. To help solve the labor shortage, the Australian government formed the National Labor Scheme, allowing it to create an immense pool of Cyborg Labor.

pbi7TT0.png

The National Labor Scheme was a sub-section of the National Cyborg Subsidiary Scheme. Under the NCSS, the government would heavily subsidies cybernetic operations, be they for artificial organs up to full body rebuilds. In return, the person receiving the modifications would owe the Government a "time debt": they could pay off this debt by working for four years as part of the NLS, or immediately sign up to two years as a nasho (National Serviceman) in the military. As part of the NLS they would be payed a workplace wage as well as receive health care and cybernetics support; on the job training was also offered, and many who went through the scheme came out better qualified than they went in.

The NLS gave the government access to a huge pool of skilled and unskilled Cyborg labor, allowing it to undertake larger infrastructure projects with minimal input from the corporations. Till 1995, the Redoubt project was the NLS biggest employer; with the slowdown in construction, the NLS has been turned to other tasks, including contract work to the multinats; the government offer's tax incentives to corporations who utilise government labor in their projects.

The Redoubt project has been frighteningly expensive; it has cost $700 billion dollars to cover an area that is little more than half that of pre war Melbourne. This huge cost has put the Australian government deep in debt; it is estimated that if the project attempted to reach its goal of endoming all urban areas on the continent, it would bankrupt the nation five times over. While dome construction continues, it has slowed considerably; the final dome under construction is expected to be completed by 2002. Instead, the Australian government has begun to pursue cheaper, high density alternatives, such as Arcologies, tent towns and subterranean habitats. The latest initiative is to build more "tents" (semi permanent, non rigid enclosures) over former regional centers, in a bid to open up more space, and pull people away from the now overcrowded domes.

RED DOLL infoboxes
The BYS-1 Military Cyborg
US Army 1st Reconstructed Infantry
Battle of Mount Ararat
1990 US Presidential Election
CML-9 "Southern Cross"
1992 Frankston Dome Riots
Franz K. Hoffenheime
Australian National Police
American Return Legue
Coburg Arcologies
Australian Scientific Industries (ASI)
Strategic Cyborg Corps
Acute Prosthetic Identification Anxiety Syndrome (APIAS)
American Refugee Camps & the Screaming Eagles
Terrorism In Australia Part 1
Terrorism in Australia Part 2
Soviets in Australia and Animation
Poison the Sky: Operation CARTHAGE
The Sun Sets: Fall of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
So I got Inkscape and figured out how to work on those Canadian election maps that Wikipedia uses. So, I figured might as well make one that would make @CanadianTory happy since he has to deal with people on AH.com making fun of him for disliking PM Dreamboat's dad.

The results of the 2019 Canadian federal election would have been unthinkable only a few years after the ouster of Stephen Harper. The fiercely contested Conservative election to replace Harper as leader selected dark horse candidate Lisa Raitt, who narrowly defeated the outspoken Kevin O'Leary to take the leadership. The Liberal reform program sailed through Parliament, successfully strengthening Canada's environmental laws, legalized marijuana use and increased the scope and funding for Canada's social programs. However, the promise to reform the country's voting system was delayed due to overwhelming public pressure for a referendum on the matter and the first of two referendums to select the House of Commons' voting system concluded with first-past-the-post and the single-transferable vote advancing to the second referendum to take place in February 2020.

The economic downturn in Europe as a result of the British exit from the European Union made its way to Canada in late 2018, ending the second generation of Trudeaumania. Raitt hammered Trudeau over the government's "excessive" environmental regulations costing Canadian jobs and castigating him for failing to help the Canadian energy sector, a line of attack that grew increasingly popular as an especially fierce winter in 2018-19 exposed several governmental failures in energy regulation.

As a result of an especially poor year following the beginning of the late-2010s recession, voters declined to return the Liberals for another term. Raitt, the first "elected" female prime minister, led her party to a two-seat majority. The New Democratic Party under Peter Julian continued its decade-long struggle to define itself following the death of Jack Layton and fell another 13 seats as the Conservatives rebounded in British Columbia. Besides Raitt winning a majority rather than a plurality of seats, the second-most surprising result of the election was the Bloc Québécois being shut out of parliament for the first time since the party's founding- a result of support for Quebec separatism continuing to drop and efforts by the New Democrats to repeat the "Orange Surge" of eight years earlier.

Nine months is just...too painful to even think about. Indeed I have been ridiculed for not bending the knee to either Trudeau's, and I appreciate the pity :p. If this does indeed happen in 2019 I'll be sure to bring everyone's attention back to this magnificent work.

Last edited:
Taking the PV percentages from the 2015 Canadian federal election and putting across the 2015 UK general election (Labour as Liberals, Conservatives as...Conservatives, Lib Dems as NDP, SNP as BQ, etc.), I got this:

EWzNvCo.png

Interestingly, in this situation, the SNP were completely wiped out of Westminster as were the Greens and Clacton went Labour.

Or the alternative version where the political ideologies are kept in place when transferring the PV percentages i.e. Liberals -> Liberal Democrats, NDP -> Labour, etc. we get this:

PSc6d0Q.png

I would somehow imagine a Lib Dem-Labour Coalition taking place here, or maybe even a complete turnaround of 2010 with a Lib Dem-Conservative Coalition?

Or the alternative version where the political ideologies are kept in place when transferring the PV percentages i.e. Liberals -> Liberal Democrats, NDP -> Labour, etc. we get this:

PSc6d0Q.png

I would somehow imagine a Lib Dem-Labour Coalition taking place here, or maybe even a complete turnaround of 2010 with a Lib Dem-Conservative Coalition?

mm5sHC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.