Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil Gets its own Taiwan Province.

w5Iu8yv.png

He was, but the X in his name was fundamental to his faith. There's no way he'd change it.
IIRC, he left the Nation of Islam and converted to mainstream Sunni Islam, which is why members of the NoI killed him.

If he survived said assassination attempt, you don't think he might reconsider keeping such a strong reminder of his erstwhile affiliation with the people who tried to kill him?

People don't like it when the dirty laundry is aired openly. It's like when someone tests positive for PEDs in baseball or some FIFA official gets arrested for corruption in Switzerland. We all know it happens, we like to pretend it doesn't, but it's hard to do that when the FBI is swooping in to arrest dozens of people.
Ah, so this is a recent thing.

Dammit, now I ALSO want more info on organized crime in AJND, and I still want to hear more about Horse Racing.

IIRC, he left the Nation of Islam and converted to mainstream Sunni Islam, which is why members of the NoI killed him.

If he survived said assassination attempt, you don't think he might reconsider keeping such a strong reminder of his erstwhile affiliation with the people who tried to kill him!

Fair point. That doesn't explain how he gets into Defense.

Wallet

Banned
This took me longer to make than I expected. :p

2004: America's President

4DMLpPU.png
The GOP is going to win Wisconsion before they win Michigan.

And in 2004, Iowa, New Mexico, and New Hampshire were swing states that were a lot closer then either Wisconsion or Michigan.

I guess Gore won them as the incumbent but Giuliani did a rust belt campaign

Well, I decided to go revise some of my older wikiboxes, taking to account new continuity developments as well as cleaning up/remaking logos and text.

First things first, the Municipal Party (U.S.), since the old logo was ugly and I kept spelling "Municipal" wrong. :oops:
(I hate the new emojis so bad.)
===============================================================

9R1Svyx.png

On the topic of Urban Conservatism, quoting myself:
(Try to spot the retcons!)
Urban Conservatism: Urban Conservatism is an American ideology that has deeply influenced and shaped Municipalism, spreading around the world. Urban Conservatism was a response to the breakdown of the U.S.'s two party system. Rather than embrace the enraged populism that dominated the anti-establishment right, the urban conservatives, as they began to call themselves, sought to alleviate the plight of the masses rather than uphold a mythologized Jeffersonian ideal. The Urban Conservatives looked to earlier examples of conservatism in the history of the U.S. and Western civilization. Ultimately, through a great deal of publishing, discussion, and soul-searching, the urban conservatives settled around several core principles. Dignity. To both act in a dignified manner, and to uphold human dignity and social dignity. Charity. Not just individual charity, but the understanding that the community itself must embrace others in love and generosity. Communion. Not just as a religious act, but to be in communion with others, to be part of the same body, the same organic whole. These were the core points of the Citizen's Manifesto, published in 2029, which would become one of the keystones for Municipalist thought. The American Urban Conservatives hoped that they would be able to inspire and unite the nation. However, that was also the same year that the Vienna Consensus was announced to the world, stating that only technocratic, authoritarian capitalism could prevent the human race from experiencing a near-extinction event in the next century. Following the establishment of the Candidate Competency Board, in 2035, and the end of free elections in the USA, many Urban Conservative thinkers decided to expatriate rather than participate in the oncoming storm of revolutionary violence. Many left to Europe: Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, in order to draw inspiration from traditional communities, architectural and religion. There, they mingled with various European thinkers and movements, assisting the development of Municipalism as an ideology. Following the official end of Reconstruction in 2043, some of the thinkers and party leaders returned to the U.S. to revive the Urban Conservative party, to serve as the principled opposition to the AMP. They changed their name to Urban Party, and later the Municipal Party when Municipalism became part of general knowledge.

EDIT: Fixed the columns on the logo. They were simply too detailed for this resolution.

Last edited:
As to that, I got nuthin'.
I thinking that Malcolm, famously being the more aggressive of the "big two" Civil Rights activists, would channel his electrifying speech-making skills and by-any-means-necessary attitude into something governmental, thanks to a surviving Robert Kennedy (which itself results in a more Progressive 1970s-American mindset).

...it was one of those ideas you come up with at 10pm and just wanna mock it up then head to bed.

Well, I decided to go revise some of my older wikiboxes, taking to account new continuity developments as well as cleaning up/remaking logos and text.

First things first, the Municipal Party (U.S.), since the old logo was ugly and I kept spelling "Municipal" wrong. :oops:
(I hate the new emojis so bad.)

Logos are always the hardest part of any infobox to make and you did a pretty good job on this one. You know, out of all the politics I've seen so far for this, the Municipal Party seems like the least worse.

Logos are always the hardest part of any infobox to make and you did a pretty good job on this one. You know, out of all the politics I've seen so far for this, the Municipal Party seems like the least worse.

Yeah, the Municipalists are relatively benign. Still, they're ultraconservative collectivists who want to abolish the nation-state, what remains of privacy and every barrier between church and (city)-state. Municipalists tend to be incredibly nice and compassionate people, but if one believes that synths are people, then the Municipalists want to commit genocide. The Municipalists are fine with homosexuals and transgender people, but they better get married and conform to traditional gender roles. They're capitalists, but they believe that corporations and any other form of "legal fiction" should be eliminated so that enterprise can be conducted between real people. They're anti-institutionalist, because they believe that there should only be one institution, society, that everyone must conform to whether it brings them personal happiness or not. Freedom means something very different to them than it does to our contemporary society.

Also, they want to tear down every building built since 1904, at least ones made in any sort of modernist style, and replace it with some nice historicist buildings. (This made the old logo impossibly ironic).

However, they are nonviolent in both policy and politics, and denounce direct action or revolution. And not all Municipalists adhere to every piece of Municipalist canon. The Metropole Quebecois, for example, reject the Citizen's Manifesto in particular and urban conservatism in general. (Albeit I guess that makes them worse, not better. o_O)

Really, Municipalism is alien and seemingly idiosyncratic, but so is almost every ideology of 2068.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Municipalists are relatively benign. Still, they're ultraconservative collectivists who want to abolish the nation-state, what remains of privacy and every barrier between church and (city)-state. Municipalists tend to be incredibly nice and compassionate people, but if one believes that synths are people, then the Municipalists want to commit genocide. The Municipalists are fine with homosexuals and transgender people, but they better get married and conform to traditional gender roles. They're capitalists, but they believe that corporations and any other form of "legal fiction" should be eliminated so that enterprise can be conducted between real people. They're anti-institutionalist, because they believe that there should only be one institution, society, that everyone must conform to whether it brings them personal happiness or not. Freedom means something very different to them than it does to our contemporary society.

Also, they want to tear down every building built since 1904, at least ones made in any sort of modernist style, and replace it with some nice historicist buildings. (This made the old logo impossibly ironic).

However, they are nonviolent in both policy and politics, and denounce direct action or revolution. And not all Municipalists adhere to every piece of Municipalist canon. The Metropole Quebecois, for example, reject the Citizen's Manifesto in particular and urban conservatism in general. (Albeit I guess that makes them worse, not better. o_O)

Really, Municipalism is alien and seemingly idiosyncratic, but so is almost every ideology of 2068.
I have a feeling they might enter my consideration for voting if I was an American in that future.

Which is terrifying in itself.

First things first, the Municipal Party (U.S.)...

This universe's "Municipalism" seems very close to my own ideology. Localism, traditional values, corporatism in the positive sense of the word.

More revisions! As usual, for Our Father's Stars (Index should be up to date).

I had a lot of fun with the new logo for the Liberationists. The old one was generic and flat. While I kept the fist and chain concept, I tried to make it more dynamic and three dimensional, and I'm really proud of what I did.

nozLujz.png

No real new exposition for it at the moment (will change if I start advancing time forwards), but here's the description from the original post:
(Can you spot the retcon?)
The Liberation Party has been the most successful projects of the American left since the inglorious collapse of the progressive Democrat government in 2023. The Liberation Party came into being along with the height of the Water Riots, coming to dominance in much of the American south, and has begun to make inroads into Colorado, California, Texas and other Moderate strongholds. With the 2068 election coming, there is some talk of the Municipal and Liberation party coming together and forming a Coalition of the Wings. There is support for the motion with the party's precariat and farmer base, who see the election as a chance to finally push through at least part of the party's platform on a national scale. The party's activists, on the other hand see, it as a risk and possible betrayal of the party's principles, especially as many are sympathetic to the burgeoning Synthetics' Rights Movement, a movement that the Municipalists are openly hostile to.

==============================================================

odR6ALh.png

So, only minor changes for the AMP, which is why it doesn't really merit its own post. I literally can't improve the logo. Not only do I really like it, I kinda lost the svg. As for the box content, I decided to retcon out the Third Way/Centrism and Fiscal Conservatism descriptors. Both are encompassed and eclipsed by Post-Liberalism, so they didn't make much sense to include. I did add Managed Democracy, which I mentioned in a different post a while back.

Also, have some more exposition! Originally posted on Althistoria:
It's the eve of the primaries for the 2068 U.S. elections, and the American Moderate Party (AMP) has fallen into internal strife. Having consolidated from the Democratic-Republican establishment pact following the Vienna consensus and the beginning of the Long Crisis, the AMP successfully led the U.S. through the May 31st Rebellion and the Water Riots, governing as the unquestioned ruling party. However, with the Long Crisis drawing to a close and with civil society reawakening across the west, the party has come to a crossroads. The party's conciliationist faction, centered around West Virginia Governor Leona Hoag, seeks to find compromise with the increasingly influential opposition parties, abandoning some of the party's hardline Technocratic stances in favor of a new political consensus. Others, such as the Speaker David Stamm, see such a motion as a threat to America's security and economy, and seek to crack down on both the opposition and the wave of Synthetics Rights protests. Still others, such as Santa Clara Senator Dustin Raya, are afraid that any drastic action in either direction could offend the Oligarchs or alienate the Zentrum, actions that would cost most of the party leadership their funding and security.

So, what would people be interested in seeing next? I can't guarantee anything, but I'm open to suggestions for topics to explore.

EDIT: Made a couple fixes to all three revisions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.