Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful.

Also, I like how "Klobuchar" becomes "Random Letters Threwn Together" in Swedish.

"Let's see... Klo, that's 'Claw'... Buch? Almost the same as the incumbent Minister for Rural Affairs Bucht minus a 'T' and Sally Jewell is the Secretary of the Interior so Clawjewe something... oh buckit, no one is going to understand that anyways..."

No Watergate.

Untitled2.jpg

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'

wilson.png

Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856 – January 26, 1911) was a Confederate politician and soldier who served as the 8th President of the Confederate States from 1906 to 1911. Born and raised in the South, Wilson was drafted into the Virginia Regiment, where he served during the Mexican-Confederate War. Seeing little action, serving mainly in the staff of General Wheeler, Wilson saw combat during the latter stages of the war at the Battles of Alpine, Fort Davis, and the Siege of El Paso, the latter of which where was injured, loosing his hand. He would later personally have his arm removed due to a severe infection as a result of the botched amputation. Many would consider his time in the army as what turned him to Pacifism, of which he would become a famous champion of. Returning to Virginia a hero, Wilson marry his sweetheart, Ellen Axson, and would run for the Confederate Senate in 1891. In the aftermath of the Spanish-Confederate War, Wilson would become a major figure in the Whig Party, running and winning on an anti-War ballot in 1905.

Wilson's time in office would see the War escalate severely, resulting in a lack of support from a Whig controlled Congress, the end of formal relations with Mexico and France, and the assassination of his Vice President Andrew Jackson Montague during The Red Summer. Wilson would, however, see to it the War would end during his term in office, one of the promises of his campaign, although this would come at the cost of the Confederacy being stripped of most it's land and international presence, as well as the formal end of Slavery in North America. Retreating to Atlanta following the ceasefire, Wilson would die of pneumonia in January 26, 1911, succeeded by General McIver as President.

Contemporary Historians would attribute the Confederacy's shocking defeat to his weak leadership, although in recent years has seen praise for his handling of the Conflict, most previous criticism being awarded to President Smith. In the Confederacy his legacy is still poor, discrediting pacifism and seen as a Lincolnesque Dictator who carved the Confederacy up for the Union to annex and ended Slavery. Despite this his unfinished memoirs, Songs of the South, would be a best seller in the Confederacy, and his Daughter, Margret J., would later be elected to the Vice Presidency, and later succeed he Predecessor for the Presidency during The World War.

wilson.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
This wikibox, which took way too long to do, is an expansion on a setting originally created by Highlander and later further developed by me, in which the Great War in TL-191 went the other way. Washington State was annexed by Canada as the District of Brock following the Great War, and then was rewarded with admission as a province in 1947 after its populace largely remained loyal during the Second Great War rather than collaborate with the McSweeney revanchist regime in the United States.

TL-191c Brock wikibox.png

Last edited:
The State of High Hrothgar is an autonomous district of the Kingdom of Skyrim, home of the Enigmatic Greybeards and home of the supercomputer P.A.A.R.T.H.U.R.N.A.X.

High Hrothgar.png

That photo of Roy Cohn is amazing.

Also, I'm just wondering, how do you create custom electoral maps? Is there a template somewhere that can be edited?

As I said in the other thread, "I have concluded there are no good Cohn pictures. He must have been cursed by fairies or something to be so ugly."

:p

As for the election maps, all I can say is ask Gonzo, he makes the POTUS election maps. I can't do shit without him. Seriously the series is about 1/4th as good without him.

As I said in the other thread, "I have concluded there are no good Cohn pictures. He must have been cursed by fairies or something to be so ugly."

:p

As for the election maps, all I can say is ask Gonzo, he makes the POTUS election maps. I can't do shit without him. Seriously the series is about 1/4th as good without him.
Thank you.
Yeah, there is probably no picture in existence where Roy Cohn looks decent.

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
The Kingdom of Scania is a member state of the Nordic Federation located on the southern tip of Scandinavian Peninsula, bounded by the Kingdom of Denmark to the west, the Kingdom of Sweden to the north and the Baltic Sea to the west, south and east. The autonomous territory of Bornholm is located in the Baltic Sea. Scania is an associate member of the Commonwealth of Nations, as are all the Nordic countries, and in 1953 became a founding member of the Nordic Federation, then known as the Nordic Council.

Originally part of the possessions of the Danish monarch, Scania was annexed by Sweden after the Second Northern War and and treated as an integral part of the kingdom. This changed in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars when, at the Convention of Moss, Scania was elevated to the status of kingdom, in personal union with Sweden and Norway, as part of the United Kingdoms of Sweden, Norway and Scania. Ongoing tensions between the components of the union eventually led to the independence of Norway in 1905, with Scania declaring independence in 1911. The Scanian Folkting subsequently elected Danish Prince Harald as the new king of Scania with the regnal name of Harald IV. Despite being under Swedish rule for nearly three hundred years, Scania has retained much of it's Danish history and culture, with both Swedish and Danish being spoken amongst the population.

Today Scania is a parliamentary constitutional monarchy led by King Valdemar V, grandson of King Harald IV, who is married to Princess Märtha of Finland and ascended to the throne in 1991 upon the death of his father, Gorm II. Valdemar V is a second cousin of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and King Harald V of Norway, a fourth cousin of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and brother-in-law of King Väinö II of Finland and King Karl XIII of Estonia. He also served as the ceremonial President of the Nordic Federation between 2009 and 2015. His eldest son, Crown Prince Christoffer, is next in line to the throne and, despite a playboy youth and rumours of illegitimate children, is married to Scanian journalist Aimée Malmgren, with whom he has twin sons.

8Guu493.png

Hail, Britannia
UK SDP leadership spill, 2004 & leadership election, 2011
Missourian federal election, 2014
Commonwealth of New England
Canadian federal election, 2011
New England federal election, 2010
American Theatre of World War I
Liberal Party of New England
Federation of India
North American Russian
Oregonian general election, 2011
Kingdom of Hanover; Hanoverian general election, 2012

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'

confedmex.png

The Mexican–Confederate War, also known as the Texas War, or the Second American Invasion of Mexico, was an armed conflict between the Confederate States of America and the Second Federal Republic of Mexico from 1885 to 1890. It followed in the wake of the establishment of Confederate-French relations, the loss of Westsylvania region, and the influx of Confederate settlers into Mexican lands bordering the Rio Grande River.

The war would last four years, from the autumn of 1885 to the Winter of 1890, and saw the Confederate States first major defeat in an armed conflict since it's foundation, beginning with Confederate Troops storming across the Rio Grande, then into Ciudad Juarez, before ending a prolonged stalemate, concluding with a Mexican Breakthrough that captured the cities of El Paso and Mesilla following prolonged sieges, whilst the Mexican Navy landed in New Orleans, ending in a Mexican Victory. The Treaty of San Francisco ended and specified the terms of the Confederate surrender: The Confederacy must cede all territories West of the Pecos River to Mexico, and pay repatriations that would be added with it's debts to France to come to $500'000'000, a number deliberately set by the United States as to ensure that the Confederacy was economically tied to Mexico, and that the Confederacy would not be able to wage war. The Confederacy would accept these terms when France agreed to forget their part of the debt if it was not paid within twenty-five years.

The conclusion of the War would provoke much controversy in the Confederacy, and saw the pro-war Whigs removed from office and replaced by pro-expansion Democrats. Additionally, thanks to the Confederacy being given such a large debt, the economy entered a depression overnight, with the Confederate Dollar becoming worthless as it underwent hyper inflation- in order to sustain, the Confederacy was forced to resort to both U.S. Dollars and French Francs. As a result, with the need to expand, the Confederacy would invade Spanish Cuba six years later.

confedmex.png

Last edited:
Thank you.
Yeah, there is probably no picture in existence where Roy Cohn looks decent.

That's actually a screenshot of him from an episode of Firing Line where he was the guest (with Mark Felt.) It is genuinely a Herculean task to try and find A.) a suitable picture and B.) One in colour.

For the electoral maps what I do is follow what Lord Caedus told me when I asked a similar question in his 'A True October Surprise' TL -

For how to make the maps, I use GIMP. First, I find the largest PNG (2000px) version of the map I want to use, then copy that into GIMP. Then I edit the names of the candidates (using Prima Sans Bold 40 point font) to paste over the names of the OTL candidates. Then, to change the state's coloring, select the state with the "select" tool and fill it in with the color you want. Sometimes, the PNG file's borders aren't totally solid enough so you'll need to use the eraser tool and erase bleed over from either state on the border so the select tool will only select one state. Once done with that, start a new layer, place it underneath the map and fill it with the color of the wikibox background. Then merge the two and resize it, then place it over the map currently in the infobox.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
So you're just making a general Confederate screw?

It's going to get better for them when I cover the general 1860s-1885/1911-present period, but until then yes, it's a screw at the moment. Though I have been hinting to the Mexican-Confederate War being a giant screw since it first came up. The next infobox will be a little bit brighter for Dixie, that is a guarantee.

Last edited:
It's going to get better for them when I cover the general 1860s-1885/1911-present period, but until then yes, it's a screw at the moment. Though I have been hinting to the Mexican-Confederate War being a giant screw since it first came up. The next infobox will be a little bit brighter for Dixie, that is a guarantee.

I'm really digging your info-box series since it juts greatly expands the world behind your MotM entry. Keep it up, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.