Alternate Weapons of War thread...

Hapsburg

Banned
Bmao said:
It reminds me of an ATAT from Empire Strikes back
Yeah. We kinda based it off of that, and the Scarab froom Halo 2.

at least 7.5 meters high
15.8 meters high. Read the specifications I presented below the picture.

and you might be able to trip it up.
Might. You might. But, it's unlikely. You'd most likely be dead by the time you got in place to set the tripwire. Besides, the thing has small cutting blades on the footpads, with would usually slice through a tripwire.

The center of gravity for such a machine is too high.
Perhaps. But it's more balanced than an AT-AT is.

It also has glaring weak points in the neck and body connectors, and if it is hit by some type of large caliber shell (AP), it might cause it to snap off from the main body
Those parts are still well-armored. Besides, the energy shields mostly mitigate the weaknesses.

Not only that, how many people would you need to use such a vehicle?
Not many. Most of it is automated. Perhaps 10 or so, to man the command deck and control the main guns, plus a few people to do the targeting and firing for the 500 rear-mounted VLCMs.

Give it tracks instead of legs and you'd have a heck of a vehicle.
But, then, it wouldn't be a walker. The CGU does use tanks, though. Hovertanks.

Last edited:
Alternate WWII-era weapons which I have made with Photoshop.

Assault rifle version of existing BAR design, it is heavily modified.
barad34ih.jpg

Semi-automatic Enfield rifle
smlear5ho.jpg

Hapsburg

Banned
Another ship from the CGU Universe...
dreadnoughtbattleshipcrosssect.png

Dreadnought-class Star Battleship.
Manufacturer: Blohm & Voss Shipyards
Length: 2300 meters
Speed: 2100G
Armor: 3-meter Ship-Grade Titacrete with 1m duracrete coating, 5000 RU
Shields: 8000 SBD
Armament: 2 x DFS SK22/C6 767cm Heavy Beam Cannons, 30 x DFS SK-48/C1 380cm Double Beam Batteries, 100 x DFS P66S2 155mm Quad Autolaser Batteries, 60 x GMS GW-22/A1 ORCA Missile Pods, 20 x GNS KR-44E 150mT Nuclear Rockets, 20 x GNS KFk-73E 250mT Nuclear Torpedoes
Starfighter Complement: 3 Tigershark-class aerospace fighter squadrons, 1 Mako-class interceptor squadron, 1 Great White Shark-class strategic bomber squadron, 1 Bullshark-class tactical bomber squadron
Troop Complement: One Infantry Battalion, Two Shocktrooper Companies, One Storm Marine Company, One Armored Company, Two Mechanized Platoons

(Take note: military organization is a bit different, do to the larger scale of infantry warfare in the 6300s. A platoon in this is about 100 men, etc.)

The He1076. It entered service with the German Reich shortly after the outbrake of the Eurasian War.

Hep1076c.jpg

Taken from Luft46 (a great site)

Hapsburg

Banned
Two ships from my Sorrow of the Samurai Universe, totally unrelated to the CGU universe. Basically, the "Demon Army" that terrorized earth from 1600-1651 returns in the 2600s to conquer the whole universe. This time, however, Yoshiro has taken over the Ethereal Planes before invading the physical realm, so there are no gods to aid humanity this time.

ESAN Jove-class Battleship.
joveclassbattleshipza8.png

A 1200-meter long warship armored with two meters of admantium* plating. It is heavily armed with a large magnetic accellerator cannon, which is limited by its low amount of ammunition. The primary weapon is complemented by 62 twin-barrel LS-71 "Fulmen" Positron Blastcannons, 26 missile tubes, eight munition-dispensers (nuclear weapons or space mines). It can carry approx. 1000-1300 marines, 60 Gungnir Tanks, and about 600 assault vehicles. It is a well-balanced combat ship.

Demon Starcruiser.
demonstarcruiserss0.png

Fifteen hundred meters long, and armored with thick Hellanium plating, the demon starcruiser in a powerful and dangerous foe. Its heavy armaments of 50 dark-energy projectors and 50 magma projectors can decimate a galactic confederate cruiser easily, and the dark-energy shield generated by the hellstone gems at the ship's core can fend off most external attacks.

*Adamantium in this case is just a tough metal alloy, and has no relation to the marvelverse metal.

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
WhatIsAUserName said:
Hapsbug, that looks like Blochead's tank, only it hovers, and apparently, it's 3/4 of a mile long. :D
Well, I based it off of the UNSC cruiser shown briefly in Halo 2. Plus, I kinda threw in my own designs.;)
And what's wrong with it being 1200 meters long? Ships are regularly that length or longer in scifi (ISD's are 1600m).

HueyLong said:
Hapsburg, that template amde me think of an armored train.
Which one? They both kinda look like armored locomotives.:D

Hapsburg said:
Well, I based it off of the UNSC cruiser shown briefly in Halo 2. Plus, I kinda threw in my own designs.;)
And what's wrong with it being 1200 meters long? Ships are regularly that length or longer in scifi (ISD's are 1600m).
True, but tanks are generally not that large.

What's the largest capital ship in your SotS or CGU storylines?

WhatIsAUserName said:
True, but tanks are generally not that large.

Pah, the Wolverine is only a few dozen meters or so long. Still 400 tons less than the proposed P-1000 Ratte :)

Hapsburg

Banned
WhatIsAUserName said:
SotS? I haven't really thought out beyond these two ship classes. The second demon invasion is more of a side story to it. The main events of the SotS story is the actual book, which takes place 1564-1651.

In the Unionverse, though, I have thought a lot out, what with it being a mainly scifi universe. The largest ship in the CGU arsenal, and in the story, is the Maximilian-class Flagship/Fleet Tender.
my.php

They are each 12,700 kilometers long, as long as the earth. The ship has a 240km beam cannon as its main weapon, as well as over a million secondary weapons. The ship is armored with 9.6 kilometers of Terranium, a metal many times denser than lead, with a much higher melting point than tungsten. It has shields s powerful as planetary shielding, making it capable of withstanding months of beam weapon bombardment. The ship can carry a full infantry army, plus several million other troops, and it is manned by over a billion crewmen, all working to maintain the massive warship.
There are two constructed initially, the GSS Maximilian and the GSS Eta Rycon. After the Maximilian, and her namesake, Dictator Maximilian, is lost in an epic battle during the Zephyr War, the GSS Humanity was commissioned, but was not constructed until the end of the war. The only things preventing the CGU from building more is the scarcity of the armor material, Terranium, and the massive cost of the vessel.

Hapsburg

Banned
WhatIsAUserName said:
Yeah, I kinda copy and mirror-imaged it, then editted it heavily. Took a while, though:D
But a ship as big as the Max deserves a depiction showing its great size, its ferocity, its majesty, and its glory, reflecting the equally great glory, majesty, and ferocity of the human species which the Maximilian defends. And I suck at drawing ships. My original depiction looked like a grey cigar with a fin.:p