Alternate Weapons of War thread...

I'm designing an experimental jetfighter for a "Crimson Skies" like setting. I'm aiming for an unconventional design that strikes terror into its enemies hearts, with decent flying capabilities as to make a "Red Baron" like character/antagonist even more outstanding.
So far I have played around with some ideas but could not yet decide with path to choose. Especially the tail (and rudder) gives me sleepless nights.
Your comments and critiques are much appreciated.

*My designing is mostly inspired by the Me 262 HG III, Me P. 1111, He P. 1079 and the Lippisch P. 15. But many other experimental designs of german airplane companies from 1944/45 lend a hand here and there.

terzelv1flgelformen2.jpg

terzelv1winglets.jpg

terzelv1leitwerk.jpg

So what do you think? Which combination is your favorite?

for example mine atm is: Version 1, shoulder wing airplane with 10° anhedral angle, Winglets 2, V1 Tail.

The shoulderwing with anhedral will cause too much interference drag unless the lower side is blended, which would be a good thing for increasing internal fuel volume. The V-tail in V3 also has drag plus it wouldn't be able to act as an elevator, being too close to move. The use of differential stabilators would be advisable because the moment arm in all designs seems fairly short and lacking control authority. They will require the space to allow normal motion. The design of purely fantasy aircraft aren't usually limited by actual funtion, however, so it's whatever looks good. Still, a profile view is lacking. And it does appear that the pilot might be having his pubic hairs trimmed by the engine's compessor section.

My choices are Version 5, Shoulder wing airplane 10 degree Anhedral angle Winglets Type 2 (top row), and V2 tail

There's no difference between the Type 2 Winglets in top and bottom row.
If you mean the air intakes, top row in the nose and bottom row in the wing roots, these aren't interchangeable without major modifications to the designs 2-6.

You designed all that? That's quite a detailed effort.
If you mean all the above graphics, then yes. But I've got no ties with the "Crimson Skies" setting, which was developed by Jordan Weissmann.
I'm just designing this jetplane for the villain of a roleplaying campaign which is situated in a pulp action world. Which can be compared with Crimson Skies but is not the same.

The shoulderwing with anhedral will cause too much interference drag unless the lower side is blended, which would be a good thing for increasing internal fuel volume. The V-tail in V3 also has drag plus it wouldn't be able to act as an elevator, being too close to move. The use of differential stabilators would be advisable because the moment arm in all designs seems fairly short and lacking control authority. They will require the space to allow normal motion. The design of purely fantasy aircraft aren't usually limited by actual funtion, however, so it's whatever looks good. Still, a profile view is lacking. And it does appear that the pilot might be having his pubic hairs trimmed by the engine's compessor section.

The shoulderwing with anhedral will be blended.
What about the V-tail in V1? Would that be working?
What do you mean by differential stabilisators? If you mean "Differential Ailerons" they are already build in. A profile view will be drawn when I've decided for a final design.

lioba21terzel.jpg
The current version I'm working on atm. Took the V-tail V1 but made it a Y-tail.

NothingNow

Banned
The sight rail is too far back where the cheek rest should be instead it should be above and forward of the pistol grip. The sight line should also be a bit higher on a bullpup, and if your using a holosight your would put the EM-2's folding forsight down.

But apart from that nice.:)
Thanks
For something I threw together in ten minutes, I'm quite surprised it came out so well.

I second the request for Alternate EVAs.

Ok. I started looking for reference pics and other forums to see if someone else had even started to work. But then I realized that no one had. So I started to look for source images. Nearly every single pic I could find of the Evas was not a complete front view but from like a bird's eye view or action figure. After much searching I found one image of a front view of Unit 01. Since I need a new image project I will start modifying it to be Shipbucket. However I still won't have Unit 02 or Unit 00 (my favorite EVA) or the others. If anyone can find some front views of those or other EVAs please PM me.

>>>>>

Presenting Yui Ikari... in her battle armor... sort of... thing....
Piloted by Shinji Ikari

EVA Unit: 01
Piloted by: The Third Child Shinji Ikari
S2 Core: Yui Ikari

Comments?

eva01.png

Last edited:
I have been reading AH.com the series a lot recently and I decided to make a model of my favourite ship in the series, The Mercator.
this is a WiP pic of the mapdala room, the model itself is unfinished and i'll probably have to alter the image to capture the sheer awesomeness that is the Mapdala, but i have it mostly blocked out, and can start detailing

mapdala rm.png

Here is now Unit-02. As far as I can tell I have made the only shipbucketed images of the EVAs on either Shipbucket or here

EVA Unit: 02
Piloted: The Second Child: Asuka Langley Soryu
S2 Core: Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu

eva02.png

Last edited:
Big fan of that show, so I ain't pulling any punches when I say:
That is the shit right there, son.

I presume you are talking to me. Thanks! Unit 00 is coming along, however its hard to find a front view of the head.

The funny thing is about this project... I just wanted to get those VTOLs they had :D

Last edited:
Here's the last in the series of EVAs

EVA Unit: 00
Piloted by Rei Ayanami II and III
S2 Core: Naoko Akagi OR Rei I
eva00.png

>>>>>

For some reason the head is bothering me on this one. Can the EVA fans tell me what's missing from it?

Ok this is the best I can do short of redrawing the whole head. The problem is that the blue part of this EVA Skull is a very large brow/visor

Piloted By: Rei Ayanami II and III
S2 Core: Rei Ayanami I

Eva-00.PNG

Ok now this is the very last EVA. I won't be drawing Unit 03 or 04, or the MP EVAs. Mostly because I would have to draw all of those from scratch and a lack of online reference material.

Unit 03 was in one episode, has longer arms, different head (with almost no picture from directly straight on), although I lucked out with the torso and head being the same as on Unit 00 and Unit 02

Unit 04 I can only find one pic of it, its just a recolor of Unit 03, so if Unit 03 is ever done, then so is Unit 04

Units 05-13. Heads would be a nightmare from front view as would the wings, and arms.

>>>>>

Piloted by: Rei Ayanami II
S2 Core: Rei Ayanami I

Eva-00P.PNG