Alternate List of Billboard #1 Hits: Katarn Edition

May 17th, 1986: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz
May 24th, 1986: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz

Event: Prior to the Series Finale of the Love Boat, The Love Boat Mermaids are getting a rebrand after ABC will air it's final episode of the Love Boat on May 24, 1986 to a 5-Girl Group made up of former Gold Rush Cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers Teri Hatcher, Beth Myatt, Nanci Hammond, Tori Brenno and under a surprise move Jeanette Jurado (OTL Member of Expose) will round out the Group.

Well Only 8 Days, And No one Posting Anything Else?, I'll Give it a Shot

June 7th, 1986: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz
June 14th, 1986: "Crush on You" by The Jets

June 21st, 1986: "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" - Wang Chung
June 28th, 1986: "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" - Wang Chung

July 19th, 1986: "What Does It Take" - Honeymoon Suite
July 26th, 1986: "What Does It Take" - Honeymoon Suite

Note: Honeymoon Suite are far more successful ITTL than IOTL, having not one, not two, but three #1 hits from their breakthrough album The Big Prize, which at this point has sold six million copies in the United States since its release on November 18th, 1985 (three months earlier than it's OTL release.)

Last edited:
August 16, 1986: "Mad About You" by Belinda Carlisle
August 23, 1986: "I Want You Back" by The Omega Girls (OTL Song by NSYNC which will exist 10 years later in 1996)

Note: The Omega Girls (made up 4 former members of the Love Boat Mermaids following ABC's Cancellation of the Love Boat) along with Jeanette Jurado scored their First #1 which was written by 23 Year Old Songwriter Denniz Pop called "I Want You Back" from their first album.

August 30, 1986: "Stay With Me" - Patsy Kensit [1]
September 6, 1986: "Let It Rock" - Bon Jovi [2]

[1] "Stay With Me" is performed by Patsy Kensit as a solo act rather than as the singer for the band Eighth Wonder.

[2] ITTL, Bon Jovi releases "Let It Rock" instead of "You Give Love a Bad Name" as the first single off of their third album Wanted: Dead or Alive (the TTL name for Slippery When Wet.)

September 27th, 1986: "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" - Yngwie J. Malmsteen
October 4th, 1986: "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" - Yngwie J. Malmsteen

December 6th, 1986: "Lost in the Parade" - Michael McDonald
December 13th, 1986: "Lost in the Parade" - Michael McDonald