Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, there are some ALDE parties left of some S&D parties... ALDE left wingers are basically Third Wayers.

A little distribution map for an alternate South Korea, but I need to figure out where to put the conservatives and where the left-wingers since I'd rather have a different party scenario than GNP/Saenuri vs. latest-name-of-the-centre-left-party. It's 349 seats and I hope the constituencies of Gyeonggi and Seoul make sense.

Btw, wayyy too many South Koreans live in or around Seoul.

distribucion%20esca%C3%B1os%20349%20SK.png

Here is the tenth installment in my alternate American election series.

Previous states:
Metropotamia
Alta California
North Carolina
New Jersey
Adams
Alabama

Rhode Island
Sequoyah
Assenisipia

East Florida is one of the largest states in the South, with a population of over 17.5 million it stands as the fourth most populous state. Florida would have been even bigger however, if it had not been split in two during the Compromise of 1852 wherein the territories of Mississippi was admitted as a free state in return for the creation of the slave state of West Florida.

Due to this split the state had a very low population throughout the late 1800s and into the early 1900s. However with the air conditioning boom of the 1950s East Florida soon became a major state, quickly overtaking West Florida in terms of population and then gaining a place in the top five in 1987. Due to the fact that most of its population growth has come from Northern transplants and Hispanic immigrants the state is nicknamed the "New Jersey of the South."

Unlike the Garden State however East Florida has a clear conservative leaning, featuring stronger Democratic and Republican parties. Labor's margins have also been cut severely by the green party, as environmental activists are outraged at Labor's continued support of coal in the face of rising sea levels and catastrophic hurricanes which ravage the Sunshine State. As a result Labor has only held government twice in the 21st century, from 2000 to 2002 in coalition with the Greens and Democrats and from '10 to '12 with Hispanos Unidos as a result of the Second Great Depression.

Thus since 2012 the state has been lead by governor Richard Crist, supported by Democratic party leader Charles Scott and Cubanos Conservadores party leader Antonio Rubio. While Labor hoped to sway more Hispanic voters to their cause following Charles Scott's inflammatory statements about illegal immigrants the opposite occurred as Labor lost yet more of the vote share to left wing critics such as the Greens and Black Panther Party. While the Democrats did end up losing some seats the Republicans managed to actually pick some up, providing enough of a buffer to keep the conservative coalition in power.

Government:
Republican - Lead by the pragmatic Richard Crist, the Republican party of East Florida is closer to the GOP of Connecticut than that of Georgia, adopting eco-friendly policies to help curb climate change. However many have said that his measures do not go far enough and criticize him for even associating with known climate skeptic Charles Scott. The Republicans base of support is centered around moderate Central Florida, being strongest in the business capital of St. Petersburg.
Democrats - East Florida is the Democratic party's weakest Southern state, with their support thinning every year as more Northerns and Hispanics immigrant to the state every year. Nevertheless, they still dominate the political scene in the Northern part of the state through their strong rural support.
Cubanos Conservadores - Based in Miami-Dade county, the massive Cuban population of Miami has lead the local mayor races to become an intense two way match between them and Labor. While the substantial black population of the city has lead to Labor holding mayorship more often than not there has still been a fairly high number of Cuban mayors as well. In greater state-wide politics the Cubanos serve as the Republicans most faithful ally, due to the Cubans blaming the National Union party, and by extension the Labor party, for the "loss of Cuba."

Opposition:
Labor - The labor party of Florida is a majority-minority party, based mainly on the support of African-Americans and Hispanics. However as the resurgence of the Black Panther Party and the continued growth of the Hispanos Unidos have prevented the party from becoming truly competitive in recent years.
Greens - A rising force in the Sunshine State, the party has expanded beyond their normal demographic of college students and progressive yuppies, being able to gain upwards of 20% of even senior citizens in some areas. While Richard Crist's system of tax credits for solar panels has stopped the meteoric rise they saw in the early 2000s they remain as a significant party and many insiders predict that once the Democrats are eclipsed by the Greens the Republicans will switch them out for the Greens.
Hispanos Unidos - One of only two Hispanic parties in the Old Confederacy, the Hispanos Unidos of East Florida remain a relatively minor force in the state. While the party did manage to get into government with Labor in 2010 it is unlikely to get anymore headway anytime soon.
Black Panther Party - With East Florida possessing draconian felony laws even by Southern standards the Black Panther Party has risen dramatically among African-American youth who demand an overturning of such laws and a enfranchisement for black felons.
Constitutionists - While still a minor force in the state the party has managed to gain some seats in populated districts from the slow death of the Democratic Party of East Florida.

east_florida_by_moralisticcommunist-datbqvv.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.

A little distribution map for an alternate South Korea, but I need to figure out where to put the conservatives and where the left-wingers since I'd rather have a different party scenario than GNP/Saenuri vs. latest-name-of-the-centre-left-party. It's 349 seats and I hope the constituencies of Gyeonggi and Seoul make sense.

This is so much better than the OTL set-up. I mean, the gerrymandering of the FPTP constituencies is just...

Gian

Banned

distribucion%20esca%C3%B1os%20349%20SK.png

Can you do one for an alternate Korea based on a US victory in the Korean War that sees Korea unified?

genusmap.php

Pres. Jerry Brown (D-CA)/VP. Joe Biden (D-DE) - 301 EV, 50.65%
Businessman H. Ross Perot (R-TX)/Businessman Steve Forbes (R-NY) - 237 EV, 48.2%

genusmap.php

VP. Joe Biden (D-DE)/Gov. Bill Clinton (D-AR) - 260 EV, 49.5%
Gen. Colin Powell (R-NY)/Gov. Bill Weld (R-MA) - 278 EV, 48.4%

That's impossible. There's no electoral data for North Korea.

Lies, lies and revisionist wrecker propaganda! For the past 70 years, while the morally dissolute Japanese-American corporate stooges south of the demarcation line have torn themselves apart over their petty capitalist squabbles, the great Paektusan people of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have shown time and again their absolute support and loyalty to the continued rebuilding of the Korean nation according to the Juche and Songun Ideas, and to the wise and benevolent leadership of the Workers' Party of Korea and that of Eternal President Kim Il-sung and his glorious descendants!

Lies, lies and revisionist wrecker propaganda! For the past 70 years, while the morally dissolute Japanese-American corporate stooges south of the demarcation line have torn themselves apart over their petty capitalist squabbles, the great Paektusan people of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have shown time and again their absolute support and loyalty to the continued rebuilding of the Korean nation according to the Juche and Songun Ideas, and to the wise and benevolent leadership of the Workers' Party of Korea and that of Eternal President Kim Il-sung and his glorious descendants!

GLORIOUS MULTIPARTY DEMOCRACY OF PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF KOREA!

upload_2016-12-30_0-42-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.