Alternate American Flags

#7 is based on one. #11 is not related to the CSA.

Here's one like David Howery suggested:

Could you tell me which ones are related to the C.S. and if you know some others post them because I am creating a story for Changing the Times website?

That would be the flag of the United Nations Protectorate of America which was created in 2012 after the Final War in which the USA was defeated by an alliance of every other nation on the face of the earth. The causes of thewar are many but basically everyone was just fed up to the back teeth of the Americans going on about how the USA was so powerful and their weapons so advanced that they could defeat any other country in the world any time they wanted.

Everybody just wanted to wipe the smile off their faces. :D

shark> such scandalous lies... everyone knows that flag is that of the United States of Earth, formed when every other nation on Earth ganged up on us and promptly got their collective butts kicked... after years of rebuilding, reeducation, and reform, the rest of the planet was finally in a proper state of mind to become states in the glorious Union... thus the USE was formed..
only deluded criminal brainwashed malcontents still wish for the old ways to return... :p

Xen

Banned
Thanks. I designed that flag for a timeline I wrote where America and Britain remained tied together and the American Revolution avoided by Parliment losing all control over America. America replaced it with a self governing Congress in Philadelphia but remained loyal to King George III. To make a long story short, there was a split at the rise of Queen Victoria where America named one of her cousins (a male) Emperor of America, so we have a North America united. America contains all of Canada, all of the US east of the Missisissippi, the northern Louisiana territory, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington state, and after the Crimean War, Alaska.

Straha> of course there were salt mines involved... you have to have some place to put those deluded criminal brainwashed malcontents....

flag 3

Flag 3 is a scottish version of the red ensign. in an independent scotland it would probably be the flag for merchant ships to display. for the record i have seen it flown alongside the british red ensign on ships from scotland moored at donegal, ireland.

Xen said:
Thanks. I designed that flag for a timeline I wrote where America and Britain remained tied together and the American Revolution avoided by Parliment losing all control over America. America replaced it with a self governing Congress in Philadelphia but remained loyal to King George III. To make a long story short, there was a split at the rise of Queen Victoria where America named one of her cousins (a male) Emperor of America, so we have a North America united. America contains all of Canada, all of the US east of the Missisissippi, the northern Louisiana territory, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington state, and after the Crimean War, Alaska.

This is remarkably similar to my Tory America TL. The Brits, having outlawed slavery (at least in Imperial-controlled territory if not in independent Dominions) will not need to conquer the American Southwest which will remain Spanish.

My AH called for a British North America Act 1801 to establish 5 dominions in America:
*Canada (everything we call Canada east of Winnipeg, Vermont and the Adriondacks as well as E. Maine)
*New England (East of the Hudson/Green Mtns. and includes Nova Scotia)
*Pennsylvania (West of the Hudson/NJ/Del/Md)
*Virginia (and North Carolina)
*Florida (and South Carolina and Georgia to the Apalachicola River)

The Dominion of the West Indies is created under separate legislation.

By 1830 slavery has been long abolished and new colonies settled in Transappalachia and even the Pacific coast. An amendment to the BNA Act founds three more dominions and converts the old five into independent Realms:

*Appalachia (south of the Ohio, east of the Mississippi, west of the Appalachians and the Apalachicola River.)
*Lacustria (Great Lakes region, west of OTL Pennsylvania-Ohio border, north of the Missouri, north of the Platte to the Continental Divide)
*Oregon (old Oregon Terr. and Northern California as well as Alaska; basically everything west of the Continental Divide to the Mexican border, that is to say, a wobbly line running from San Francisco to Cheyenne in OTL)

There is also an independent Republic of Louisiana in my story but I haven't flushed out all the details yet. It does involve Jefferson however...

The new Realms establish their own Acts of Settlement--by removing primogeniture a split between America and Britain is inevitable, but will arise not through secession but by succession. Thus William IV is the last united king; his eldest daughter Alexandra becomes heir to the American throne while his only son George V becomes Prince of Wales.

Realizing the inevitable, Britain grants full independence to the other three Dominions, while holding on to the West Indies. The new Realms of Appalachia, Lacustria and Oregon adopt Acts of Settlement also removing primogeniture.

Princess Alexandra married Frederick-William II, King of Prussia, and bore William in 1821. At the death of King William IV in 1847 Alexandra became queen of America; however, she abdicated in favor of her son soon after. Thus was founded the Empire of North America (Ena) with William V Hohenzollern as King-Emperor. In practice the Ena was not an empire or even a federation, but a glorified defense pact with a common navy.

Unfortunately William V produced no children and with war raging in Europe the royal families are in disarray. No heir to the American throne is apparent, so Emperor William convened a Continental Congress (basically a Parliament of all Parliaments) which establised the Union of North America (Una) at his death. The eight Convenors (equivalent to Canadian governors) elected James Edward Stuart the first Regent of the Union.

And so on to this day...

As for flags I have some very good ideas:
(all flags are of a 1:2 aspect ratio, as is Britain)

Union of North America: Like our Canadian flag, only with blue strips representing the Pacific and Atlantic, and a large eight-pointed red star engulfing the white middle square.

Imperial/Regal Banner: Again like the above, but with purple strips, a gold middle square bearing a double-headed bald eagle holding lightning bolts in talons, crowned with two St. Edward's Crowns joined with the American Imperial State Crown by a scroll bearing the motto "A Mari Usque Ad Mare."

Canada: White flag with two red maple leaves joined naturally, and a red St. Edward's crown.

New England: Cross of St. George with green pine trees in all four quadrants.

Pennsylvania: Like the flag of Spain, only with a blue top stripe and a black bottom stripe.

Virginia: Red field with two square white saltires side-by side (XX).

Florida: Yellow, with a cross of St. George and a cross of Burgundy.

Appalachia: A white chevron separating blue sky and green earth, with a white horse on the green.

Lacustria: Four blue diamonds in series, on white.

Oregon: Divided horizontally in middle; on top four Redwood trees; on bottom a glorious sun setting on a wavy blue ocean.

Other flags:

Louisiana: 2:3 ratio, with three equal strips, like France, only with an ermine field in the chief (hoist) and the blue and red strips lying horizontally in the fly on top and bottom respectively.

Mexico: Spanish flag turned on its side, thus mimicking the Union 1:2:1 design.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: Unlike our Union Jack, the St. Patrick's Cross is not interlaced with St. Andrew's and merges wholly with St. George's. That's the butterfly effect for you! :D

I'll need some time to Photoshop these flags, unless somebody else will do it...