AHC: Hanoverian colonies

Brit1914.JPG

If Hannover throws out salic law Victoria with be Queen. Might conveniently slow German unity too if the Hannoverians can be made to feel part of the Empire, splitting their loyalties/aspirations.

:D. I think he meant the Kingdom of Hanover, not the Royal House. Also, Britain didn't control that large of an Empire during the Personal Union with Hanover.

Also; Hannover was somehow not included on the map ;)

"We are the great Hannoverian Empire!"

"Uh, what happened to Hannover itself?"

"We, uh, lost it ..."

"We, uh, lost it ..."

Even seen Code Geass? It reminds me of that.

" All hail the Holy Britannian Empire!"

"What about Britannia itself?"

"Silence!...... We don't talk about that."

:D

:D. I think he meant the Kingdom of Hanover, not the Royal House. Also, Britain didn't control that large of an Empire during the Personal Union with Hanover.

"We, uh, lost it ..."

:D

It's a 1914 map. It's close. Yes, the dominions aren't technically colonies. I didn't want to spend an hour to find the perfect map.

birdboy2000

Banned
Avert the union with Britain. Hanover's fairly large and has an atlantic coastline; indeed, most of its neighbors grabbed at least token colonies. We're talking trading posts in Africa and Caribbean islands, mind you, not something the scale of the British Empire, but if Courland can do it I don't see why Hanover can't.

OTL, Hanover had some degree of access to the British system, Hanoverian emigrants ended up in British colonies under the same king, and there was therefore little interest in developing an empire of their own.

Avert the union with Britain. Hanover's fairly large and has an atlantic coastline; indeed, most of its neighbors grabbed at least token colonies. We're talking trading posts in Africa and Caribbean islands, mind you, not something the scale of the British Empire, but if Courland can do it I don't see why Hanover can't.

OTL, Hanover had some degree of access to the British system, Hanoverian emigrants ended up in British colonies under the same king, and there was therefore little interest in developing an empire of their own.
Didn't Hanover get that coastline fairly late? Around the mid 18th century? When it was too late to easily grab an island in the carribean? That said, I believe that a country like Hannover is actualy too small for a colonial empire. One or two islands or tradingposts they are going to lose at a later stage is all they could get.