AH Challenge: Ruin the Lord of the Rings movies

Orry

Donor
Monthly Donor
They had said many times that they were lacking in ents. You could argue that the ents had been dealing with issues in other areas and hadn't gotten to that patch yet. And Treebeard's roar could have actually been a highly elequant speach in Entish. Then they ran very quickly.

LOL not.... Entish is not a 'hasty' language

I wonder what happen if we mixed the above with Uwe Boll and Micheal Bay directing, with Will Smith as Frodo,Nicholas Cage as Aragorn, and Tommy Wiseau as Gandalf.

Establish in the film canon that Sauron is not yet able to "take physical form" (I know this is not the case in the book, due to him apparently having a hand) and then have Sauron appear in physical form as Annatar at the Battle of the Morannon to fight Aragorn - they apparently came very close to putting this in the film.

But from what I've gathered Sauron is going to be in physical form at Dol Guldur in the Hobbit films, played by Benedict Cumberbach. Although according to Saruman, Sauron "cannot yet take physical form"...

What a great contradiction in film canon. Though not quite as brilliant as in the X-Men films where Professor X is crippled and confined to a wheelchair in 1962, but then in the flashback scene in the 1980s in X-Men 3 he is able to walk, before becoming crippled again by the 2000s. That makes perfect sense.

But from what I've gathered Sauron is going to be in physical form at Dol Guldur in the Hobbit films, played by Benedict Cumberbach. Although according to Saruman, Sauron "cannot yet take physical form"...

Don't forget that a fair bit of time elapses between The Hobbit and LOTR. I think it's mentioned at one point that the Necromancer (Sauron) was defeated at Dol Guldur and needed that time to recover before the events of LOTR, and in fact hasn't completely recovered.

Let's see...

What this movie lacks is a climactic scene where the hero and villain square off. Let's say that Sauron sees that Frodo is about to destroy the Ring, and hitches a ride on one of them Nazgul things, then there's a big sword fight at the crack of Doom. It ends when Sauron falls in.

What's not to like? ...and best of all, we can see him crawling back out at the beginning of the sequel.

Regards

R