After World War Z

• Thread starter Deleted member 87099
  • Start date
Most likely the European Union would attempt to coerce other nations into joining it and become a true united nation. If the Holy Russian Empire keeps expanding, there could be a war between the EU and HRE. There could also be a cold war between Israel/Unified Palestine and India.

The H.R.E. was mentioned to have reconquered some of it's former territories in Central Asia (Kazakhstan and the like). Perhaps emerges a guerrilla war there.

Cuba is like Switzerland by this point.

The U.S. is, most likely, the biggest contributor to the U.N. Multinational Force. I believe Mexico is still in the process of being "cleared" of zombies.

It's been a while since I read WWZ... was there that much of the EU left?
Yes, I definitely remember the province of 'Bohemia' being referred to as part of the EU, and it was implied that it was emerging as a united nation.
The H.R.E. was mentioned to have reconquered some of it's former territories in Central Asia (Kazakhstan and the like). Perhaps emerges a guerrilla war there.

Cuba is like Switzerland by this point.

The U.S. is, most likely, the biggest contributor to the U.N. Multinational Force. I believe Mexico is still in the process of being "cleared" of zombies.

I can see a guerrilla movement there, as well as in Belarus (which I'm fairly certain I remember being said to be taken over), and there were plans to conquer Ukraine, too.
I don't recall Cuba being classified as neutral, but it was a republic with the Cuban peso being world-wide recognized.
As I recall, Mexico had been renamed "Aztlan," and I can see there being some kind of 'Aztec Revival' conquest of the Central American nations. I also remember there being a West Indies Federation, and I think it consisted of the Antilles and maybe the Bahamas, but not Haiti and the Dominican Republic. I'm going to have to go back to my copy to reference, though.

I wonder how South America have faced the Solanum virus,, BRazil suffer a lot, but how about the others, besides the news of Chile and Argentina, there is nothing more

the one I always wondered about was Korea... basically, the whole population of NK just vanished, theorized that they all went into underground bunkers, got Infected, and now there are millions of NK zombies standing around in the dark. You have to wonder just what would anyone do about it after the crisis... you don't really dare go colonize the place, it's all too likely someone will accidentally release all those zombies. So does NK become the world's largest nature preserve, while everyone waits a few centuries for the zombies to crumble into dust?

the one I always wondered about was Korea... basically, the whole population of NK just vanished, theorized that they all went into underground bunkers, got Infected, and now there are millions of NK zombies standing around in the dark. You have to wonder just what would anyone do about it after the crisis... you don't really dare go colonize the place, it's all too likely someone will accidentally release all those zombies. So does NK become the world's largest nature preserve, while everyone waits a few centuries for the zombies to crumble into dust?

There's a great story about just that on this very site: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-way-is-shut.283560/#post-7810272

This map could give some ideas

Attachments

• world_war_z__aftermath_by_quantumbranching-d3dlt1p.png
    world_war_z__aftermath_by_quantumbranching-d3dlt1p.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 1,381
I've seen that map before, but there's some details I don't like about it. For instance, I never recall hearing of Nova Grenada or Andea, and Switzerland shouldn't be in the EU. Just to name a few.

I don't remember it being mentioned about Lithuania being depopulated. What happened there?
I believe Eastern Europe in general is considered mostly depopulated (hence the Russian breeding program for eventual colonization), due to large hordes from both Asia and Europe overrunning the region.

I believe Eastern Europe in general is considered mostly depopulated (hence the Russian breeding program for eventual colonization), due to large hordes from both Asia and Europe overrunning the region.
I know, but it's weird that Lithuania is basically the only depopulated nation in the region. Everyone else around it is intact, even Latvia and Estonia, whose population pre-war was even smaller.

There's a great fan fic written by one of our own members on that topic, I highly recommend it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6115555/1/The_Way_Is_Shut

Spoilers: Basically what you said happens, except the tunnels are flooded and full of decomposing zombie goop.

Although the Philippines was not mentioned, I do know my country is screwed since we are a developing third world nation and we are overpopulated. Plus refugees from China or nearby Southeast Asian nations or underwater zombies may have made it to the Philippines...

On the bright side, we have many islands and mountains to hold out.

Here is a fanfic I read regarding a WWZ Scenario set in the Philippines and I have to say it is an accurate portrayal: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6990060/1/The-Philippine-Theatre

I think some of the less developed parts of the world (those not so reliant on technology) would do fairly well after the main threat of the zombies was eliminated. The more developed portions of the world would have more problems surviving since they relied on machinery and technology to maintain their civilization. For example, as the fuel supply was reduced fewer and fewer vehicles could be used for transportation and agriculture, and so on. Other areas would be impacted as well making the highly populated areas hard to sustain, even if the zombie threat was greatly reduced.

Other unmentioned places like Nepal and Bhutan may have fared well since their geography is mountainous. However, they will have to deal with refugees from India.

Alaska is unmentioned but we can assume it suffered the same fate as Canada. Canada, especially Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Nova Scotia, and New Labrador and Newfoundland would have been ideal to holdout but many American refugees settled there and polluted much of the Canadian wilderness.