A Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jus Pau Hib

Banned
Check out the Roman Empire, America and Russia in the same time map.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=2495&stc=1

Roman.PNG

Jus Pau Hib

Banned
Now I have a map of something...

m

Green - German Empire
Red - Great British Empire
Dark Green - Russian Empire
Light Blue - Latin Empire
Yellow - Chinese Empire
Orange - Japanese Empire
Blue - American Empire
Purple - Iranian Empire
Brown - Indian Empire

Must be empires Earth ;)

malarchy.PNG

Oh god...my eyes! My EYES! Seriously people, could we agree on a good base map and standardize, so as to avoid burning out our precious corneas and retinas? One I've made is below. It's based off a blank map at Wikipedia.

OTL-World1.png

I mean a regular map of how when a nation(s) got certain teritory and how long they held it. Like the ones they had in the text books for American history in 8th grade for the US.

Thande

Donor
Well, the US westward expansion maps are ten a penny, but the US's expansion is fairly straightforward compared to that of most countries (only a short history, and no reversals. ;))

whats that big brown country over North America?

That's actually part of the Swedish Empire. When I changed the map from bitmap to GIF format, for some reason the brown territory in North America changed shade a little bit, while the brown territory in Europe remained exactly the same.

Ooh goody a random map thread. Here somethingI made on the spur of the moment no real ryme or reason to it.

ahearth.JPG

Diamond

Banned
Here's a world where the Armada conquered England.
300+ years later, the Spanish & French Empires are rotting from within.
Growing powers like Sweden and China wait in the wings...

Sp.Arm1a.PNG

Diamond

Banned
OK, I just received my copy of GURPS Infinite Worlds, and reading through it, I came across an interesting 'pocket scenario' where the Mongols ravage most of Europe. Lots of refugess flee to the Crusader states, giving them a big demographic jump. The Crusaders then ally with the Ilkhans against the Muslims, allowing Egypt to become Crusader Egypt.

It's a fascinating idea, and I think I'll do a TL on it after Washington's Warlocks is done. But for now, here's an idea of what the middle east might look like:

Cru.Egy2a.PNG

Thande

Donor
Christendom holds the holy cities of Islam! :eek: Will there be a rage of destruction, or will the Christians have too many Muslim subjects to get away with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.