• Golfman76's

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • TrumanJohnson's

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Konrad Sartorius'

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
July 10, 2004: Joe Biden announces he has picked a running mate. " Folks, this is a fighter for the little guy. He isaid very principled and determined. I promise you, together we will win and America will win. He's from Minnesota! (Crowd chatters excitedly). Senator Paul Wellstone!" Later Biden remarked offhand, seemingly unaware he was on the air" This is a big f***ing deal!"

Last edited:
October 8, 2004: President Ann Richards appears on The Daily Show with Stephen Colbert. She talks about her thoughts on her final months in the White House, calling it "a bittersweet feeling. You look back on what you've done, making a difference for so many Americans, and it's the kind of thing that makes me think 'This is why I went into politics'. You may not have gotten everything you wanted done, but being President is a very sobering experience."

November 15, 1996: Space Jam, starring the Looney Tunes and Michael Jordan, is released to cinemas. The film's theme song "Come On & Slam" becomes one of the biggest hits of the 1990s.

July 31, 1999: The Iron Giant is released to cinemas. Directed by Brad Bird, the animated film tells the story of a young boy who discovers an extraterrestrial robot in 1957 small-town America.

November 4, 1999: Greed premieres on FOX. Hosted by Chuck Woolery, the game show is FOX's answer to ABC's success with Who Wants to be a Millionaire?. In the coming years, the two high-energy game shows compete for primetime ratings.*

June 2, 2000: Spy Jam, starring the Looney Tunes and Jackie Chan, is released to cinemas. The film gets mixed reviews, with many criticizing the overly cheesy dialogue and cultural stereotyping of Asian-Americans.

May 7, 2003: Governor Donald DiFrancesco of New Jersey (R) announces a multi-year initiative to revitalize Atlantic City.

May 15, 2004: South Africa is announced as the host of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

December 18, 2004: A week before Christmas, Cuban President Fidel Castro suffers a fatal heart attack at the age of 78.

January 11, 2005: The NFL announces plans for an expansion team in St. Louis, Missouri, to begin play at the start of the 2005-06 NFL season.

July 18, 2005: Six Flags purchases the struggling Cypress Gardens park in Winter Haven, Florida. The park will be re-branded as Six Flags Cypress Gardens for the 2006 summer season.

*In OTL, Greed only ran for the 1999-00 television season. Due to butterflies here, FOX renews it for more seasons.

Last edited:
March 29th, 1996: The Kansas City Council narrowly approve plans for The Land of Oz, a theme park inspired by the works of L. Frank Baum.

June 1st, 1998: The Land of Oz opens just in time for the '98 summer season. The theme park and Silver Slipper Hotel quickly become two of the most popular tourist locations in Kansas City.

July 4th, 1998: Disney's America opens in Haymarket, Virginia. The theme park is themed after various parts of American History. Most critics of the project were either silenced by the educational appeal or by the massive amounts of money the park brought into the small Virginian town.

July 26-29, 2004: The 2004 Democratic National Convention was held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The convention officially nominated Joe Biden for President and Paul Wellstone for Vice-President. The first day saw party disunity wide out in the open, with Dean delegates booing pro-Biden speeches, while outside protesters chanted "Biden for jail!" " No more war!" and "Hear our voices!" On the second day Wellstone urged progressives to rally behind Biden, and declared "if we do not support our democratically-elected nominee, Joe Biden, we will condemn ourselves and our country to a government that serves the interests of the rich and powerful, rather than one that serves you, as we have seen in this President." Harold Ford Jr of Tennessee gave the keynote speech, where he boasted that "we have made immense progress in this country. 50 years ago I would not have been able to vote. Now I can stand on the national stage, as an American. We must keep the train of progress moving forward. We must continue to give more and more Americans the right and opportunity to prosper. We must expand the safety net, to protect Americans. I am proud of Ann Richards. She has expanded healthcare coverage in this country, she has made our streets safer, she has made our education system better, and so, so much more. We must not stop! No, we must continue the train of progress!" On the final day Joe Biden accepted the nomination. Several Dean delegates booed his speech, and Biden told them "Folks, don't boo. Don't. If you want change, make that change. Go to the polls and vote for the ticket that will actually make the change you seek, that will make our country better. And I promise you, this is that ticket!"

August 2, 2004: A new poll shows Biden/Wellstone getting a big convention bounce, jumping to a narrow lead with 45% to 43% for Kasich.

August 9, 2004: Kasich will announce his running mate at a rally in Tampa, Florida.

August 10, 2004: Kasich holds his rally in Tampa, Florida. Media speculation had made it seem the choice would likely be McCain, though the location of the rally produced hints it might be someone else. "My running mate is a dedicated public servant. Truly, he's awesome, folks. He is Connie Mack III, from right here in Florida!" Connie Mack III, the former Florida Senator, takes the stage, "Thank you, thank you..." "Let's go win this thing!" With the top of the GOP ticket from Ohio and the bottom of it from Florida, two key states are now likely to vote Republican. Joe Biden's challenge just got even harder.

August 25th, 2004: A poll is released featuring Kasich (41%), Biden (35%), Nader (7%), and Paul (17%). Polls suprisingly show Badnarik winning the states of Maine and New Hampshir, with Nader winning Vermont and Florida.

==============

Is it allowed if I post a link to my new thread here?

Last edited:
August 25th, 2004: A poll is released featuring Kasich (41%), Biden (35%), Nader (7%), and Badnarik (27%). Polls suprisingly show Badnarik winning the states of Maine and New Hampshir, with Nader winning Vermont and Florida.

==============

Who is Badnarik and why would he be polling at 27%! And that adds up to 110%!

Governor Brian Roscoe (R-KS)
January 16th, 1999

"It's great to be here, my fellow Kansans! I have wonderful news. Now, there have been many rumors about potential GOP Presidential Candidates, and my name has been mentioned from time to time. So, I'd like to end all doubt and make it clear today: I WILL be running for the Presidency of the United States! It's time our country had a proper, Reagan like Republican leading the fold, especially as the 21st century dawns on us. So, elect me as your new President, and I promise that I shall lead us gracefully into this new era!"

Roscoe Campaign Strategy for the Month of January

Begin airing tv ads in neighboring states about Roscoe's record as Governor, and highlight how good he has been to the state of Kansas. Make it clear he is the only one who can truly lead America into the 21st Century.

Who is Badnarik and why would he be polling at 27%! And that adds up to 110%!
That was a typo. He was the Libertarian candidate in 2004

August 13, 2004: John Kasich holds a rally in West Virginia. There, he rails against the EPA and environmental regulations, saying "They are killing your coal jobs! If I win, we are going to let coal prosper." Kasich also promises to "care for and cherish the environment" but says "I rebuke the argument we need to put our environment before our economy. I rebuke the argument we need to kill our coal industry. The environment is not hurt by our growth as a society but strengthened by it. I assure you, we are going to make West Virginia prosper, we will protect our coal jobs. And we are going to create a society where our economy and our environment prospers."

August 15, 2004: At a campaign rally in Denver, Colorado, John Kasich attacks Biden and Kasich on gun control. "Ann Richards wants to take away your guns. It's atrocious, her gun control, and in the Senate I stood against her for law-abiding gun-owners. She is just wrong. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Now, I know we should stop crime. I have spent my career fighting to make our streets safe. But taking guns from law-abiding gun owners does not reduce crime, that is a fact. If you want to tackle crime, you need to stop the people committing the crime, not the gun that fires the bullet. There is a reason, my friends, that the right to bear arms is the 2nd Amendment in our Constitution. It is a part of our culture, and a valuable one. It's a way of life, and that's what Ann Richards doesn't understand. When I'm President, we are going to do everything to preserve and protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners and our 2nd Amendment. Guns are not bad, but unfortunately., Ann Richards and Joe Biden think so. And if Biden wins, he is going to take away our guns and attack law abiding gun owners. That's not on. I will defend our 2nd Amendment, period."

August 16th, 2004: The American Firearms Association makes a statement decrying John Kasich's statements in Denver. "We, the members of the American Firearms Association, respectfully disagree with Mister Kasich's position on gun control. The firmer emphasis on background checks in purchasing firearms hasn't taken away anyone's guns. In fact, it's made it more difficult for irresponsible, criminal or outright insane people to obtain guns. No "law-abiding gun-owner" has anything to fear from mandatory background checks. And this literalist view of the Constitution fails to put it into the context of which it was written. The Second Amendment that Kasich loves so much was written when it was necessary to have a civilian militia to beef up the Army. And even if the Army still needed such a militia there's always the National Guard."

August 25th, 2004: A poll is released featuring Kasich (41%), Biden (35%), Nader (7%), and Badnarik (17%). Polls suprisingly show Badnarik winning the states of Maine and New Hampshir, with Nader winning Vermont and Florida.

==============

I had Ron Paul as the 2004 Libertarian nominee ITTL, not Michael Badnarik.

So John Kasich doesn't support his own views of gun control?
Just campaign season pandering probably.

((PS., since this is a new page in the thread and for the sake of consolidation, we now have:

Dems: Joe Biden (DE) & Paul Wellstone (MN)
Reps: John Kasich (OH) & Connie Mack (FL)

Last edited: