A Flag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imajin said:
That is a really cool flag...
Yeah, now I just have to write a plausible timeline on how it was created. Such as why is there the diagonal stripe? The colors are the same, except the baby blue one, which got inadvertently added.

This is what we are considering for the local militia outfit...

banner4.jpg

Neat flag, though I have no idea how a UK of only Scotland and Cornwall would appear, even ignoring the issue of naming it.

Weapon M said:
This is what we are considering for the local militia outfit...

I like your design overall. However, I think that it would look nicer if you changed the font and added a white outline to the black cross:

TUEBOR.PNG

Thande

Donor
Magnificate said:
Flag of Scotland-Cornwall:
(What would be an adequate "summary" name for this state? Surely not Great Britain.)

The flag of Cornwall is a white cross on a black field (cross of St Piran), not a saltire (X-shaped cross).

A name for such a state might just be Alba-Kernow.

Scotland-Cornwall would be this (ignoring the fact that you would have black on blue) :

Screenshot.GIF

Thande

Donor
fortyseven said:
The saltire would look better "on top" I'd think.
You're probably right - and anyway, why would Cornwall be the dominant power in this union? ;) I based it too much on the Union Jack.

maybe Cornwall is bigger like everything south of Oxford in an alternate timeline. Or Cornwall is just dominant despite differences in size and/or population?

Thande

Donor
Here's something I made for another thread. It's a roundel that's supposed to represent the Western Allies of WW2 (Britain + France + USA). I coloured the background green just to emphasise that the white bits are white and not transparent:

Allied Symbol.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.