A Blank Map Thread

Northern Jutland....

Nordjütland blank.png

Okay, so the end-of-the-year came and went, and I certainly didn't finish. But, rest assured, I haven't abandoned it yet!!!

EDIT: Also, Ashtagon, you're so mean! You changed the river color on the X2, right when I finished recoloring all of the rivers! So, that will take me awhile longer....

colored_world_map_7__wip_11_by_neneveh-db3smz2.png

Whuh? No! My river colour has never actually changed. It's always been the same dark bluish-grey as first seen in tacos.

btw, you have the "wrong" colour for Turkmenistan. You're using the Turkestan colour (which is intended for pan Turkic/central Asian unions, rather than that specific country).

Whuh? No! My river colour has never actually changed. It's always been the same dark bluish-grey as first seen in tacos.

btw, you have the "wrong" colour for Turkmenistan. You're using the Turkestan colour (which is intended for pan Turkic/central Asian unions, rather than that specific country).

RRRAAAAAWWWRRRRR!!!!!

By the way, I'm stealing the Maori color. My micronation claims the Kermadec Islands, and I intend to show that as a publicity stunt. It'll go really well with that Maori life symbol in the center of our flag.

Last edited:
Q-bam thread is really busy an I'm writing hear. This is 1886. A Statuses of the states inside Abissinia lice as Godjam or Shoa or Tigray are not represented becauce I'm in the procec of borders drawing. Sudan is also in procec.
1886_0.png

crT8qtJ.png

Quick question for big-map makers: How do you do it?

Just finished making this big blank map of England, and I used google maps to stitch together a map of it, before "lasso"-ing the outlines until I got to the end, where I used border select to make the border.

I'm just interested to learn how other map makers do it :)

Feel free to use this! (Don't worry, I'm going to cross-post this in the blank map thread, it's just my question is more related to this thread).

W0oGGYu.jpg

I'm trying to make an Azimuthal Projection map for an upcoming project. Does anyone have an editable one on File or at least an idea about how to make one?

The Welsh Assembly dates from the Government of Wales Act 1998 (31st July). A (sub-)national border would be appropriate on/after that date. This Assembly has considerably less power than the Scottish Parliament.

Regarding Scotland, it's current devolved government dates to 12th May 1999. From that time onwards, it should be drawn with a (sub-)national border.

Scotland has since 1999 nominally had the power to call an independence referendum, but only the SNP would realistically have considered it, and they could only attempt it with a majority government. If that is used as the criterion for using the darker shade, then 2011 would be the cut-off date. The actual independence referendum was 18th September 2014, which would mark the latest point at which it would be appropriate to start using the darker shade for Scotland.