Nice TL.

Gunpowder, treason and plot. In Netherlands. Oh, wait until the Russian start muttering about Poland.

Surely alot of protestant dutch are going to flee to germany or england or the americas but still going good, keep up the good work

Several issues about the map:

Franche-Comte was already French at the time of the POD. The border with the Spanish Netherlands should probably be more to the north.

When did Venice take Morea and Crete? And how did the Ottomans end up losing territory to their Crimean vassals?

Sweden shouldn't control Trondheim and, since the building of St Petersburg's been started, they certainly shouldn't control the right bank of the Neva.

ooooooo make it a Russian lol, though there aren't many about :confused:
Looking at possibles theres:
Anna Ivanovna (when she's only a Grand Duchess) (neice of Peter the Great) James is 5 years older though (and moving her to england will upset things on the death of Peter II).
Grand Duchess Ekaterina Ivanovna
Grand Duchess Praskovia Ivanovna
All three are daughters of Ivan V of Russia there the only real Russian princess prospects i could find

result "James and Ekaterina up a tree... " lol in english i think it's Elizabeth. You might want to make it 1707 becasue then Ekaterina will be 15.
Married in 1706
Ekaterina is 14
James is 18

Prehaps James could sow a few wild oats in the time before he can perform his marriage duties ;) , have an illegitemate child or something could through a spanner in the works later on

Very good so far really enjoying it

Catherine yeh that would make more sense, "James and Catherine up a tree" then lol

True true, i suppose royal weddings are odd

Keep up the good work, one thing that might work in Englands favour is if they can get a reasonable amount of children to marry off into alliances, just my thoughts anyway

One thing, I can't see a French hegemony across the continental Europe on this scale last for long. It would depend a lot on how France approach the other states in the Congress, which the Netherlands now stand an example of French brutallity. Discontent will arise soon, especially in the protestant states, and we could see Prussia and Austria, the natural enemy of France, try to destabilise the situation. There also could be a second round in the Netherlands if things in Europe is sitring up and it's clear that France is overstretch. Not to mention the the financial states of France in the future, if there is no change in the system, the common pay all and the nobility pay none and all that, France will go broke even sooner due to the need for big army to control the said hegemony.

Might be overstep in the future, but could we see Marie Antoniet marry off to Prussia instead of France? Might be fun to see the flamboyant princess in the palace that efficient,modest and order are the order of the day.:D

Theres going to be a big punch up in Europe soon i agree, aren't Austria and prussia already reeling from having there armies destroyed at the minute

Yes, but with time pass, I think that the two can muscled up again. Prussia is a very militarized nation and Austria could pull their vast manpower into a big army, now that they can rally on the brutality of the Gaul. If Louis decide to have himself the crown of the Holy Roman Emperor or just dissolve that Empire outright, that could be a last straw for the Hapsburg, and by default the Austrian.

Thats a good point but surely he wouldn't be that stupid or his advisors, there able to do alot on there reputation at the minute, one defeat and things could start to look bad and they'll be coalition against them faster than ever, plus gurilla fighting

France system has gotten weaker and weaker as time pass. The common, the third estate, are burdened by all the taxes, which lead to poverty in general in Louis XV and XVI reign. And while continental-wide free trade is helping the economic in general, I fear that the only one to enjoy the fruit will be the rich nobilities, who don't have to pay tax and enjoy many priviledges.

I think that anything that could thwart French domination over Europe will be welcome by Britain. She need European trade, and any power who wield considerable control over the continent will make her feel threatened and in danger. Of course, its not certain that the courts of Berlin and Vienna will understand this fact.

-Officially, they are allied to France

Irrelevant. There is no honor in great power politics.

-No Guarantee of Britain getting involved.

I think the only reason the Brits aren't involved is the fact that Prussia and Austria aren't.

-Poland has joined the Congress, and the Poles have the good relations with France, so they should expect a 2 front war.

Poland-Lithuania is not a threat right now, and I don't think Russia would mind an opportunity to attack it.

Last edited:
"If you were the King of Prussia would you take the risk of a 2 front war? Poland-Lithuania is a Congress Power so if Russia gos for them they go for the entire European Congress, if the Polish Army is in Prussia it may suffer losses, but the combined Congress powers would doubtless push the Russians back out eventually."

They wouldn't take the risk of a 2 fronted war, particulary with there leader dead now, i feel this brotherhood could do more damage than good (inless its a secret french controlled group :p) however a 4 way alliance Prussia, Russia, Austria and Britian could casue some trouble for the french.
They only need to put a little pressure on the french system and cracks will begin to show, countrys will take the chance to gain proper independence.

What about the Baltic? could Sweden and Denmark help in anyway?

True about the lack of honour but not irrelevant, declaring war on france would bring the rest of europe against them.

And that wont happen unless either the prussians or the austrians take a risk and declare war.

If you were the King of Prussia would you take the risk of a 2 front war? Poland-Lithuania is a Congress Power so if Russia gos for them they go for the entire European Congress, if the Polish Army is in Prussia it may suffer losses, but the combined Congress powers would doubtless push the Russians back out eventually.

I think you're over-estimating the power of the Congress.

There's France, obviously. There's French allies Spain, Bavaria, and Turkey. There's Prussia, Austria, the Netherlands, and other German states, none of whom like France one bit. There's the weak Poland-Lithuania. And there's traditional British ally Portugal in an unusual position. So that means 3 countries Louis can really count on.

It's a forced alliance, remember. Let's say Russia were to march into the Commonwealth to secure Prussia's back while attacking Turkish possessions all over the Black Sea shore to make things easier for Austria. Do you think Prussia and Austria are going to declare war on Russia?