1950s version of GI Joe vs Cobra

There are large German, Italian and Japanese communities within South America, I will take the more conservative elements and place them into their own fictional country. Lots of straight roads and large over engineered civil projects.
How about Sierra Gordo? In the GI Joe comics, Cobra had a lot of influence there. In fact, I think they controlled it until GI Joe invaded.

Would Destro's MARS Industry still exist ITL? If I remember correctly they supply Cobra with all their arms.

A carribean Island it's probably too problematic with the US in the neighbourgh...expecially during the 50's. Some nice South American country...can be a new nation born from a breakway part of Argentina or Brazil thanks to Cobra work, or maybe Sierra Gordo can become the new name of an old nation like Bolivia

A breakaway state is pretty cool, I like that idea. Grio Grande do Sul in Brazil seems an immediate candidate with German, and Italian communities. Who and where else should Cobra recruit from? Survivors of the Russian Liberation Army would be willing volunteers... this is shaping up to be a country of the damned!

Okay now for the fun part, Cobra weapons and do they have a secret police? What about a national language?

Last edited:
The Crimson Guard might be led by a blond, blue eyed American born to German immigrants that went to fight for the Fatherland before Pearl Harbor. Since he could speak English with an American accent he was used as a double agent in the POW camps. After the war he joined Cobra and become a covert agent.

Before Cobra Island was Springfield. A small town like all the others except for the hidden weapons and facilities underground under the control of Cobra. The townspeople know some of the details but not the whole picture, believing this to be in preparation for a Atomic war with the Russians. The thing is that there is a town named Springfield in every state! Cobra also was a multi-level marketing scheme wrapped up in American patriotism and defense of the American way of life (This is the 50's after all) from communist subversion. So ARBCO has stock and facilities across the country, some legitimate and profitable and others not so.

Great idea with the Crimson Guard, and tying in the notion that Cobra has a Tupperware branch!

On another note I'm toying with a 2016 Cobra, which could seem all too plausible with recent events. How does Cobra develop in this scenario, and who makes up their organization? In this event their first base would be in Syria.

Members of homegrown American fascists such has the German American Bund and Silver Shirts could have ended has part of the founding elements for Cobra's US operations and infiltration.

Great idea with the Crimson Guard, and tying in the notion that Cobra has a Tupperware branch!

On another note I'm toying with a 2016 Cobra, which could seem all too plausible with recent events. How does Cobra develop in this scenario, and who makes up their organization? In this event their first base would be in Syria.
I personally like the 1950s idea better, I think it would work better in the Cold War era than today. I also think it might be fun to have them have links with fictional Org.s from the same era like S.P.EC.T.R.E. THRUSH and KAOS.
Sometimes allies, sometimes enemies. :cool:

2016 Cobra could be founded in America. Canon Cobra started off making money through pyramid schemes.