Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the map, added new African Kingdoms and fixed the names! :)

Additional Questions would be appreciated!
Nitpick:): the word Tibet shouldn't exsistence with a POD that far back. Bod, the original Tibetan pronunciation might work better. Tibet's river based borders seem to diverge from OTL's borders of Tibet throughout the ages, which were based more on mountains. I also don't see why the Han would be interested in grabbing Taiwan and not concentrating on what they did historically, which is the area around modern day Xinjiang

Nitpick:): the word Tibet shouldn't exsistence with a POD that far back. Bod, the original Tibetan pronunciation might work better. Tibet's river based borders seem to diverge from OTL's borders of Tibet throughout the ages, which were based more on mountains. I also don't see why the Han would be interested in grabbing Taiwan and not concentrating on what they did historically, which is the area around modern day Xinjiang
Firstly, thanks for the Tibet thing, ill change it to Greater Bod if necessary. Secondly, the Han long since removed the threat around Xinjiang, so they started to build fleets to explore new lands now that there isn't anymore of a threat in mainland Asia (except for a coalition of smaller powers or Gupta). That's how they discovered Taiwan, turning it into a prosperous trading hub between Dvaravati, Japan and China.

heres an atl where the central powers got modernized wepons before wwi and italy and japen joined them(1918)
gfevf.png

and heres when the russian communists lost a civil war by russian imperial forces(with the help of germany) and a communist rebellion started in china(1922)
gfevf.png

Sorry if this is spam, however I've made provincial maps of Rome during the 'Era of Glory'

It's not, and i like it.

Tell me more about this Mali, the Kongo, Abyssinia, and this Mutapa.

How are the Han and Gupta Empire still around?

Who is the current emperor of the Roman Empire?

Any new Roman holidays or events we should now?

Due to the failure of Christianity to take hold in Europe, Priests flooded into Africa to look for civilizations and tribes to spread the faith too, the key two being Mali and Abyssinia. Due to the limited transport technology the kingdoms of the kongo and mutapa were not reached and thus animalism lives in two of the larger African civilizations.

Both Mali and Abyssinia took it upon themselves to spread the word of the Christian faiths, enlightening themselves through new christian schools and libraries, with additional aid from Rome (Rome knows of some of the Rich resources of the horn and sub-Saharan after and thus wishes to finally make alliances rather than enemies (They fear the Slavian terrors again, or a even more horrific SSE (Second Sassanid Empire) and Slavic alliance).
Mali, with its capital in Timbuktu along the Niger river, is a key hot-spot for continental trade and is therefore naval linked to the Romans. Romes first truly alliance based diplomacy was attempted in Mali.
Ethiopia is in a similar boat. With its capital in Axum, close to its ports, it has a coastal relationship with Roman Egypt, with the governor of Aegyptus and the king of Ethiopia being often in touch through messenger boats. Ethiopia's prowess is its ability to spread the faith of Christianity and unite its local tribal regions of modern day Somalia, Kenya Eritrea and Djibouti all under Axum's banner.

A key reason for the fall of the Han was external pressure from the north. However due to the annexation of the tribes up to the Songhua river, this was no longer a concern. Another reason for the fall was the assassination of the Shao boy emperor in 189 AD, however this was also avoided due to the boys quick reflexes to find palace guards. Thereby the Emperor grows up knowing the fate he is in, and implements the Shao reforms, involving the reorganization of the court to work with the Emperor rather than be a strict and often unruly court.

The Gupta themselves mostly hold on through their caste system, working with the Hindu priests to keep order among the populous. By the time of 1623 AUC, they had ruled for so long their dynasty seemed immortal to the Indian population, and while there wasn't an immediate ceasing of rebellions, they have dwindled in number. This is also due to the mercantile Indian trade network that has gone very well for the Gupta's, as they supply a key amount of resources such as spices and cotton cloth used in clothing all around the coastal regions.

The current Emperor is Vespasian Flavivs Avgvstvs II, a hero of the resurgent flavian dynasty after the defeat of the Slavic Hordes at the battle of Frozen waters on the river Rhine (Yes, while the Slavic people were badly equipped, they were far more numerous than the roman army not to mention the guns the Romans used are still primitive and they had little mastery over new artillery pieces, so they broke very far into the empire. This battle was a true Slavic Cannae, with Germanian Legions being put to the breaking point along with the previous Emperor Marcus Flavivs Avgvstvs IV. The use of gunfire among cavalry broke them utterly on the flanks, with local German garrisons being positioned in the woods, surprising the now disoriented masses of Slavic men. This battle was fought on December 24th, 1549. This date was dedicated as a national holiday by the Senate, as it showed the true power of the Roman Industrial might against the Primitive Slavs. It also was a day of humiliation, with proud Romans often bringing up the date in conversations to tease the Slavic people. It also signaled to the Slavic state that they must start to modernize if they are to have any weight in negotiations.

More typing. I love doing this!

North America in the aftermath of the Oregon War, 1848 (Lone Star Republic TL)

upload_2016-12-8_21-19-54-png.298685

Legend:
Hot Pink: Russia
Light Red: British Canada
Baby Blue: Republic of Quebec
Blue: United States of America
Red: Republic of Texas
Orange: Republic of the Rio Grande
Green: United Mexican States
Lime Green: Republic of the Yucatan

This is basically my own interpretation of @Joshuapooleanox's Rome map up there, made before his write-up (so some parts may seem inconsistent). In my version, I've muted Rome's expansiveness somewhat, allowing it to lose some parts in order to consolidate others. As with the original version, Christianity never took hold in Europe, but I imagine the Roman, Greek, Egyptian, and in some ways Germanic pagan faiths would have coalesced into a worship of a Zeus/Jupiter figure. This ocurred everywhere except in Scandinavia, which is still strictly Germanic (though with more of an emphasis on Thor than Woden/Odin), and Pictland and Eira, which maintain primarily Celtic traditions.

Nationhood occurred in Germania as a result of pervasive Roman influence and various threats from the north and east. There are several German nations, each named for a tribe that either lived in its general area or moved somewhere else. Most of these states are under heavy Roman influence. Separately, the Republic of Britannia and the Empire of Dacia, while in the Roman sphere, broke away, and both are ruled by a Roman elite with local cultures and languages mixed in. Of course, in Britannia's case, the republic is more of an oligarchic dictatorship. In the north, an ambitious petty king in Norway successfully united several feudal kingdoms into a united 'High Kingdom', forming the Yarldom of Hordaland. ITTL, 'Yarl' is pretty synonymous with 'Khan' or 'Emperor', and it's rather fitting. They subjugated the Baltic area, bring Finnic, Sapmi, and Baltic peoples under their domination.

Rather than have a 'Slavia' in my version, I instead opted for the Vulgar Khaganate. It is basically a Turkic/Slavic fusion race similar to the OTL Bulgarians, though created out of migrations occurring at similar times. They are nomadic, but have pushed into Europe vigourously whilst fleeing from the rapidly expanding Kaskiri Khaganate. Both nations are firmly Tengriist with some local paganism throne in.

Christianity ended up spreading somewhat into Egypt, but was met with hostility and violence in most cases. In turn, it spread instead down the Nile through Nubia and into Axum, where it also made the leap across the Red Sea to southern Arabia. Islam never appeared, and there is no such person as Mohammad, with the Amirate of the Hijaz having condolidated religious fervour into the Cult of Hubal, and eastern Arabia becoming very Zoroastrian under Sassanid domination. I'm not sure of Buddhism itself would have risen by this point, but certainly something similar borne out of an attempt at escaping the Hindu caste system. Dobod is the patron of whatever faith this may be.

In the east, Han China took on a more naval tradition, vassalising rather than conquering as much territory as they might have OTL in mainland Asia. They conquered Taiwan for the jade, and ended up annexing the Ryukyus as well as an angry response to piracy from the islands, and Han trade fleets are present in the South China Sea and Indian Oceans.

I don't have a whole lot more to add to it. A lot of the place names are derivative, butchered from OTL, or completely made up, so I beg of you not to ask me too many questions about that. :p

upload_2016-12-10_11-8-47.png

Status
Not open for further replies.