Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes III

Status
Not open for further replies.
gOUeZ4W.png

Are you quite sure Bryan wouldn't win the West Coast?

Are you quite sure Bryan wouldn't win the West Coast?
No McKinley had Hanna dump millions in the west-coast under the assumption that whoever won the west coast would be the president as most other states would be firmly under populist control. Essentially McKinley thomas deweyed himself to electoral insignificance by only concentrating on winning back the Midwest and the west coast

(I wasn't going to just make a bunch of "things are worse" infoboxes, I wanted to create somewhat of a world to go with it, hence the four infoboxes in the original. I'm sorry if that came off as tasteless, the POD is a worse Columbine, the reason that there were multiple worse attacks is because of copycats trying to outdo Columbine. However, this box isn't as sad, music infoboxes are always fun.)

gVM1rzX.png

Snippits from TV Tropes said:
  • Book Ends: The lyrics of "We Stand" and "Alone" are jointly about someone dealing with loss of their friends.
  • Driven to Suicide:
    • "The World Ended With You" is about someone dealing with their friend's suicide.
    • ____________________________________________________________
  • Fading into the Next Song:
    • "The World Ended With You" is often faded into "We Stand" during live concerts.
    • "Alone" ends with sirens, "10am" starts with them.
  • Last Note Nightmare: "Alone" ends with an explosion, screaming, and ambulance sirens.
  • Lyrical Dissonance: Most of their songs sounds really happy, while their lyrics are about things like suicidal thoughts, isolation, and domestic terrorism.
  • Mood Whiplash:
    • "The World Ended With You" is followed by "Homecoming Queen", which is about a school dance.
    • __________________________________________________________
  • One-Word Title:
    • From Apocalypse 12: "Alone"
    • From Public Opinion: ____________________________________________
    • From ______________: _____________________

cfklYZG.png

Final lyrics to Alone said:
Journey with me as I take you through my home town
A place that I called home
Until the walls fell down
I'm almost at the school now, alone....

Beginning lyrics to 10am said:
....It feels different on the news
It doesn't fill you with the same kind of blues
When it's somewhere you know
You want all the reporters to go
Leave us alone, leave us be
Please don't make this worse for me
Please don't make it worse for them
They only lived until 10 AM

Gilbert Taylor during an interview said:
I originally wrote the lyrics for 10am right after the bombing. I was visiting family in Sedro-Woolley when it happened. I went to Mount Vernon High, I had friends there... I didn't know how to feel about it... I still don't. What do you do when something that terrible happens somewhere you know and love to people you know and love?

Worse Columbine
School Attacks

Hunter W.

Banned
For fellow Kiwis - farming decline accelerates, '87 crash happens before election. Forgive me I am terrible at maths so results may be a bit off....

Election.PNG

Last edited:
Exactly one year ago today, I lost a very good friend. The loss was shocking and unexpected, and to make myself feel better, I made this wikibox shortly afterwards. Ed was a really great and successful guy (for instance, he was thrice elected President of the Rutgers Democrats) and I was so certain that he would, at the very least, make it to Governor or Senator. By making a wikibox where his heart doesn't give out until exactly twenty years later - and realistically would have accomplished so much more during that extra time - he is mourned not only by just his family and friends, but also by the nation and the world. A weight is easier to bear when others help you carry it. And just thinking and imagining that helped me get through the tragedy, as it really made me feel less alone in the sadness - even if it is just alternate history, and not future history, like it should be...

A future we lucked out on…
d8bXPad.png

Ed Romano (1994-2015), may you rest in peace, dear friend.

I know the pain of losing a friend (to suicide), I hope you are doing well since your friend's tragic death. :(

I have a question. My inbox is too tall to fit on a single screen. How do I screenshot or save the whole thing?

Use the Snipping Tool (or command-shift-4 on a mac) to take multiple screenshots of the wikibox in question and connect them with an editing tool.

Either play with the zoom on the page, or take two screenshots and stitch them together in an image editor like MSPaint/Inkscape/etc..
Use the Snipping Tool (or command-shift-4 on a mac) to take multiple screenshots of the wikibox in question and connect them with an editing tool.
Take two screenshots (or even 3). I find that the zoom never works (but that may just be me).

Thanks everyone. I kind of assumed that was the case, but I thought there was a chance I was doing something wrong.

So I found some data in preparation for my senior thesis (examining state favorability towards independents and third-party candidates) about the 1968 election. Among them were National Election Studies (NES) feeling thermometers that measured how voters would have voted if it were a two-person race between Nixon & Humphrey, Nixon & Wallace, and Humphrey & Wallace. So, I decided to make an infobox of the results of the last one.

I call this Goldwater 2.0: Fuck Subtlety or States' Rights Now, Electoral Oblivion Forever

1968wallacegop.png

And for the record, this was the closer one of "Wallace vs. [major party candidate]" matchups- Nixon would have won the popular vote by a margin of 80.4% to 19.2% had he gone up against Wallace alone. But Nixon would have done worse electorally since I would have had the OTL NC Republican elector who voted for Wallace instead also vote for him ITTL. And no, I'm not making the infobox of that one, since it's basically a color-swapped version of this one.

Last edited:
So I found some data in preparation for my senior thesis examining state favorability towards independents and third-party candidates about the 1968 election. Among them were National Election Studies (NES) feeling thermometers that measured how voters would have voted if it were a two-person race between Nixon & Humphrey, Nixon & Wallace, and Humphrey & Wallace. So, I decided to make an infobox of the results of the last one.

I call this Goldwater 2.0: Fuck Subtlety or States' Rights Now, Electoral Oblivion Forever

View attachment 289368

And for the record, this was the closer one of "Wallace vs. [major party candidate]" matchups- Nixon would have won the popular vote by a margin of 80.4% to 19.2% had he gone up against Wallace. But Nixon would have done worse electorally since I would have had the OTL NC Republican elector who voted for Wallace instead also vote for him ITTL. And no, I'm not making the infobox of that one, since it's basically a color-swapped version of this one.
I'm in love.

And for the record, this was the closer one of "Wallace vs. [major party candidate]" matchups- Nixon would have won the popular vote by a margin of 80.4% to 19.2% had he gone up against Wallace. But Nixon would have done worse electorally since I would have had the OTL NC Republican elector who voted for Wallace instead also vote for him ITTL. And no, I'm not making the infobox of that one, since it's basically a color-swapped version of this one.

Just imagine the destruction for the Democrats if they only won 19% of the vote.

That's beautiful.

I'm in love.

Always good when infoboxes inspire declarations of love and beauty. Now I know how @LeinadB93 feels whenever he posts anything here.

Just imagine the destruction for the Democrats if they only won 19% of the vote.

They would probably be better than the "Wallace in '68" Republicans who would have endured two consecutive brutal electoral beat-downs where the Democrats averaged 69.6% of the popular vote & 499 electoral votes.

Les Luttes Part 3: This time he is actually bigoted
Screen shot 2016-09-30 at 10.23.07 PM.png

Ironically for one of the harshest proponents of American control of Canada and a man many accuse of supporting radical groups in events like the Quebec City Cathedral Bombing Edmund Muskie was descended from Catholics who had converted in the 1910's. Muskie was the protoge of every politician and their mother in Maine and vaulted himself into the Senate with well placed contacts in the Legislature becoming a prominent member of the "X-Ray" faction of the D-A Party, favoring an internal focus after the costly Soviet War. With famous speeches like "I Can See the Fires Burn" he made himself a prominent pro-crackdown voice in the D-A Party as violence expanded in Canada, which resulted in him becoming head of the powerful domestic affairs committee. He then sprang into a religion baiting and zealous campaign for the nomination in 1968 defeating party favorite Sam Yorty. To temper his East Coast origins and religious zeal he chose Mormon Arizona Governor Mo Udall as his running mate. His crackdown was harsh and how much the surge in Loyalist and Unionist attacks in Canada was him encouraging them or him turning a blind eye is up for debate. Montreal achieved its brief peace under him, but proposed talks in Portland got nowhere and Quebec City erupted into open war and his assimilation policies led to many Inuit militias switching sides in the conflict. In the end Muskie would be killed by a bombing by the Fils de Jean at the opening of the "Vanguard of Liberty" exhibit at the National History Center in DC. His successor Udall would go the opposite direction and come the closest to stopping Les Luttes of any President, but would still fall short.

Status
Not open for further replies.