Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but Baja California only adds like 3 million people, and with Tijuana gone (because the border is elsewhere and it grew due to the border) that means LA has to have like New York level population (at which point San-Diego would probably be totally gobbled up).

The Megalapolitan area has a higher population density than OTL, though I should have made that more clear; IOTL LA has a population density of about 8,000/sq mi, while ITTL the LA-San Diego area has a density twice that; additionally, while not massive, the Baja Peninsula is more populous.

Incidentally, if anything I probably could have added a bit more as IOTL SoCal and Baja combined have a population of a little over 27 million.

The Megalapolitan area has a higher population density than OTL, though I should have made that more clear; IOTL LA has a population density of about 8,000/sq mi, while ITTL the LA-San Diego area has a density twice that; additionally, while not massive, the Baja Peninsula is more populous.

Incidentally, if anything I probably could have added a bit more as IOTL SoCal and Baja combined have a population of a little over 27 million.
Blade%2BRunner%2BLos%2BAngeles%2B2019.png

Also, is it cool to say welcome back? I feel like you haven't been around in a while.

Ironically the West Coast cities would have a significant Japanese (and Korean) influences due to America being much more Pacific-oriented from the late 19th century onwards.

Also, is it cool to say welcome back? I feel like you haven't been around in a while.

I'm around, I just don't post as much, particularly here since I don't really have time to do stuff what with work and, well honestly when I don't have to get-up early the next day I spend alot of my days off partially to fully high, which does not always lead to a large amount of productiveness, though I did actually do this map and alot of others while high, so I guess that's not an excuse. :p

Request

Ok, I'm so sorry I'm posting this here, but it's taking forever on the request thread. I'm working on a president infinity scenario and I just need this map turned into a blank map. Just get rid of all the grey inside the map and make the borders more clear. Thank you in advance.
Document

After World War 2, the Soviet Union annexed Finland, Poland, the Baltic states and Moldavia. Due to Soviet troops reaching further west than in real life, Stalin could get away with large concessions both direct and indirect. Poland was shifted west at the expense of Germany, although they go to keep Lwów and Germany kept Silesia west of the Oder. The Polish Government then "voluntarily" voted to become a Republic in the USSR. Finland was outright annexed (and merged with the Karelo-Finnish SSR) as payment for the Winter War. Port Arthur (Primorsk) was added to Russia as a fleet base. As were Königsberg and Åland, renamed Kaliningrad and Kuznetsov, respectively. Norway, Sweden, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Mongolia, Manchuria and North Korea were all made Soviet puppets. Meanwhile to safeguard Caucasus, parts of northwestern Turkey are added to Georgia and Armenia althought Turkey retains its sovereignty.

Map is showing the Soviet Union as it stands in 1950.

Purty! So the Reds failed to win out in China in this TL?

It is now 1856 and within the last five years, two more landmasses have been added to the world, nicknamed Lemuria and Mu. Lemuria is a Greenland sized tropical landmass full of basal primates and a derived Austalopithecan from its own timeline, with a range of local mineral resources seeming attractive. Mu is by far the largest of the landmasses, between Australia and Antarctica in size, and comes from a timeline that diverged from ours in the Paleozoic, and so holds almost unrecognisable flora and fauna. Several minor powers have started colonising here, such as the Mexicans, Peruvians, Colombians, Chileans, Japanese and even Hawaiians. The Japanese shogun broke their usual sense of isolation and allowed colonisation of some small islands and a strip of land to the mid-west of Mu for trading purposes.

However, many in Japan proper thought this was minimalistic, and argued it would be better to colonise the main northern peninsula, which was over twice the size of the Korean peninsula and with an even greater amount of natural resources. This ignited a conflict long in the making, and so the Shogun was deposed and Meji restoration happened, with the Japanese now free to colonise Mu as much as they could.

The situation in Atlantis was mostly settled as the powers divided their spheres, however sparsely populated. The situation in Europe though started to deteriorate as temperatures climbed down gradually, even with the man made industrial revolution rising CO2 levels. Soon, even places like the UK experienced Scandinavia like temperatures, and so mass migration to the colonies began. Atlantis, right in the middle of the Gulf Stream, flourished climatically, and so a shift in Western Europe was beginning.

While Europe was beginning to decline, the USA had its own problems in the form of mainly placing slaves in their new Atlantic territory. As America's economy began to dip and abolitionism came on the rise, an enormous mutiny broke out amongst Atlantis' slaves, wishing to establish themselves as an independent nation from their birthplace. Rumours of similar ideals in the Japanese held lands are also heard. As Europe cools, the Americas, Asia and Oceania begin to wax. Where this will lead the world is hard to say.

zbZtGJP.png

Last edited:
Okay, I asked in the oft-dead map request thread...

Is there a usable worlda showing Mexico's departments/states in ~1844?

Alan Hardy

Banned
Not very active in the maps section, but wonder if anyone has been working with an Aboriginal State?

I could see a split up of land rights to first nation inhabitants and a division of Queensland (5), South Australia (6) and Western Australia (7).
That would produce 3 new states Eastland (8), Midland (9) and Westland (10) to be added to what was the Northern Territory now Northland (11)

Status
Not open for further replies.