Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Banned
My MotF 94 entry:

TL-440 This is Planet Earth by Zauberfloete

"After nearly a century of global hardship the people of the earth have decided on taking the first tentative steps towards global unification. The come to this point in our common history we had faced many hardships: wars, inter-ethnic and religious violence and global environmental catastrophe of the rising sea level or the “Slow Flood”.

With the formation of the "Eight Great Unions" a couple of decades ago we laid the first foundation for a world government and with the will of the people of the Earth and their leaders - notably American President Haughton, granddaughter of a famous American Musician and Humanitarian, and President Koothrappali of India, grandson of a famous Indian Astronomer – we will remember this day, the fifth of June as a truly historic event – humanity first step towards global unification."
Reuters Pundit at the first session of the First World Government in Bahia, 5th June 2100

That is a great map, that you did in page 49, the same to what you did in your devianart, but I want talk about this and look like you like to answer.

The Atlactic Unión is uking too big to be real, whichever split of it to form a Nine Great Unión sound better, EU get nothing by fight against China/EastAsia defending Japan or SKorea, that is why Vietnam is not part of TheAtUnion; same with Australia and PapuaNewGuinea just puppets/colony of ASEAN, the Europeans lost that war around 2060, they dont want spend time and money on it, they are bisi with Eurasia/Russia.
Your AtlacticUnion is wider that Eurasia, see how many Timezone you cross from Berlin to Sidney.
Split it into European Unión and Pacific Unión (capital Seatle) or just kill it into EU, Canamerica and asian puppet.
UK and France are very happy having 2 veto power in UNSC, and they look and move like clones, the Atlactic Unión gonna hate be just 1/8 of the First World Goverment.

That is a great map, that you did in page 49, the same to what you did in your devianart, but I want talk about this and look like you like to answer.

The Atlactic Unión is uking too big to be real, whichever split of it to form a Nine Great Unión sound better, EU get nothing by fight against China/EastAsia defending Japan or SKorea, that is why Vietnam is not part of TheAtUnion; same with Australia and PapuaNewGuinea just puppets/colony of ASEAN, the Europeans lost that war around 2060, they dont want spend time and money on it, they are bisi with Eurasia/Russia.
Your AtlacticUnion is wider that Eurasia, see how many Timezone you cross from Berlin to Sidney.
Split it into European Unión and Pacific Unión (capital Seatle) or just kill it into EU, Canamerica and asian puppet.
UK and France are very happy having 2 veto power in UNSC, and they look and move like clones, the Atlactic Unión gonna hate be just 1/8 of the First World Goverment.

So first and foremost the Atlantic Union is only reserved for the old "first world" nations - ie. North America, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Oceana. They have formed this group to have some influence - how can Japans 55million stand against Indias SAAG billion or Chinas half a billions? By joining with the other old "first worlders".

Without a combining their respective votes in a albeit loose group, they won't stand a chance against the economic superpowers of Africa and Asia, also the EU is only connected to Japan and South Korea through the United States, who dominates both section of the group - the Pacifc and the Atlantic, through its sheer population size and its relativly young population.

And there wasn't any major wars in the last century more like many small scale conflicts. ASEANs influence is big, but its influence is more economic and its interest lie more in China, India and Africa, than in some tiny Pacific Islands and Australia. Vietnam is and never will be a member of the Pacific Free Trade when they have a more lucrative market in Asia.

Russia or the Eurasian Union is just a joke and really just a mere side-show in an aging europe - sort of the next door grandpa grumbling at the next door grandpas trashcan. Annoying for sure but dangerous no, not with 60 plus million citizens (France got 55million).

UK and France and the US, as well as China and Russia have either lost their veto power (UK and France) or they have to share the veto votes with other rising stars.

Nigeria for Africa, Iraq for the Arab League, India for the SAAG, China for the Sinosphere, Brazil for Latin America, Russia for Eurasia and the United States for the Atlantic Union.

America is either the Soviet Union or China?

Answer below.

I think the USA's capitalism fell, and a bunch of chunks broke off with the fall of NATO. I'm guessing that maybe Canada's the China, still capitalist ignoring most of the world?

Analogues:

Safe bets:

Capitalism= Communism and vice versa, Communism reigns supreme in this Cold War, Capitalism collapses
Former USA= Former USSR
Collapse of the USA= Collapse of the USSR
American Federation(?)= Russia, now distorted communist (just as Russia is distortedly democratic)
CSA= Ukraine (with Ameromaidan at Atlanta, and naturally Florida as Crimea!)
Bolivia=Syria? Iraq? Afghanistan?

Not-so-safe bets:

Reunification of France= Reunification of Germany? Or maybe, the GDR was a bit bigger, the USSR went on better, and then reunified Germany?
German People's Republic= UK or France, maybe?
Kaliningrad=Israel
Italy=France(?)
South Korea= Cuba(?), maybe a South Korean Missile Crisis? Or Japan? Or, hell, what about a British Missile Crisis?
Alaska= Taiwan? Or is Manchuria the RoCs Taiwan?
Bonin Islands= Kuriles(?), although I do see an active Kuriles dispute, too...

Correct answers in green. The rest...not so correct. As for Bolivia, its Afghanistan.

Dixie is Caucasian Georgia, Texas is...Finland?, New England is...Poland?, the Western Balkans are...cartel-plagued areas of Mexico?

Nope for all except the Balkans. The Balkans are more like Colombia than Mexico, however.

Nah... I think that, a few days ago, the American People's Federation stepped in to protect their American Hispanic brethren in Florida from the newly inaugurated CSA nationalist (and possibly anti-Yank and racist) government, which got to power after massive protests on *Ameromaidan... And the Northern areas of that CSA are East Ukraine analogue, of course. West Virginia is probably then Belarus, the Carolinas are the Baltic.

EDIT: The Northwestern states are the -stans, under which circumstances it would also make sense that Canada is China (and rapidly growing with this!) and Alaska would then be Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia.
But: If Canada is China, we must hope that New England is not North Korea (although it lacks a South part for that)...

Also possible would be: Japan as China (reversed), and then South Korea as North Korea, What do you think about that proposal?

Canada is the rising power, aka China, of this world, that is correct. As for the Atlantan protests, you are also correct. Alaska is none of these - I see it more akin to a unique nation, as it contains almost no qualities in common with the 'stans, though the NW states do. West Virginia is more like Abhakazia, with NC being Belarus.

Still-united Pakistan as a leftist democracy traditionally friendly to USSR, India as right-wing authoritarians traditionally US-aligned?

The trouble with reverse-worlds it's often hard to say how _much_ should be reversed. http://11andahalfyearsofbooks.wordpress.com/tag/the-book-of-leviathan-hegel/

It was harder to do make that analogy, so, for them, I just had a more successful Pakistan and less successful India.

Ahh... But of course.
The UK = Japan, Northern Ireland = North Korea and the Republic of Ireland = the Republic of Korea.
Right? :D

Sort of...:p

A map from my timeline showing the situation of the Great War in South America. The Entente are on the advance, whilst Peru is suffering increasing domestic troubles from Collectivists, mutineers and others. Brasil has recently smashed the La Platan army in the east however.

South America GW 1901.png

Pretty. I wished that map series had been continued, I really enjoyed it.

Whats that big state in Central Africa?

I really liked Semmi's CP victory map series, so I decided to have a go at my own take.

The world in the late 1960's/early 1970's:

Where might the head of the Comintern expy be? Ahh, and I think that the area taken from India might have been added too Tibet. Unless it was decided to colonize it with Han as a sort of march, of course. And a shame that it seems the United States will have to settle for a port on the Arctic Ocean. Probably going to be easier to take by force of arms than one on the Atlantic or Pacific. At least they still have the transcontinental railroads.

Analogues:

Safe bets:

Capitalism= Communism and vice versa, Communism reigns supreme in this Cold War, Capitalism collapses
Former USA= Former USSR
Collapse of the USA= Collapse of the USSR
American Federation(?)= Russia, now distorted communist (just as Russia is distortedly democratic)

CSA= Ukraine (with Ameromaidan at Atlanta, and naturally Florida as Crimea!)
Bolivia=Syria? Iraq? Afghanistan?

Not-so-safe bets:

Reunification of France= Reunification of Germany? Or maybe, the GDR was a bit bigger, the USSR went on better, and then reunified Germany?
German People's Republic= UK or France, maybe?
Kaliningrad=Israel
Italy=France(?)
South Korea= Cuba(?), maybe a South Korean Missile Crisis? Or Japan? Or, hell, what about a British Missile Crisis?
Alaska= Taiwan? Or is Manchuria the RoCs Taiwan?
Bonin Islands= Kuriles(?), although I do see an active Kuriles dispute, too...

If it's a reverse scenario, shouldn't altUS have a right leaning political regime, and Russia a democratic one?

The world in a near-future where this Crimea business escalates.
Everyone is currently wondering whether Russia will really "properly integrate" Kazakhstan into the Eurasian Union like it did with Belarus, given that Chinese troops are massed on the border...
Novorossiya.png
The world

Novorossiya.png

This is my shot at a true 'mirror' world. As a game, I want you folks to see if you can spot the analogues. This world is as of March 24, 2014, btw.

View attachment 227008

What about more analogies?

Norway, Sweden, Iceland= Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam (powers that are still capitalist). Also, Helgoland seems to be (possibly) the Senkaku Islands? Is there a Helgoland Island Dispute going on?

Peru= Iran, with an extremely Inca revivalist government. Naturally with a Sapa Inca in the role of Khomeini! Alternatively, Mexico is Iran with an Aztec extremist government and the Tlatoani as Khomeini.

Bolivia is Afghanistan, thus had also got an extreme Native American government and supported *9/11 in Leningrad? Chile again as Pakistan and Argentina (or Brazil?) as India?

Maybe, Japan is the United Kingdom, with Manchuria as (Mega-)Ireland and North Korea as Northern Ireland? South Korea maybe as an *independent Scotland? If that is the case, *Über-Vietnam as France and Cambodia as Switzerland?

Ecuador as Iraq, then, the state which was invaded by the USSR recently on the false pretext it had WMDs, and now is occupied, if Syria is Colombia?

Finland as Canada, the state which steadfastly does not want to be compared or annexed with it's big neighbour?

Then, Yugoslavia is Mexico?
If that is continued, Germany could serve as Brazil, France as Argentina, et al.? And these are then states where the Soviets supported dictatorial communist regimes and military Juntas? In what is called Operation: Falcon in the 70s and 80s?
Poland could be Colombia (how cool that would be, the Polish mafia led by Lech Walesa in the role of Pablo Escobar, anyone?) Czechoslovakia like Paraguay, Romania like Uruguay, Italy might be Peru,...?

West Africa seems to be, strangely enough, another Middle East analogue, but it is distorted: Mauritania as Saudi-Arabia, West Sahara as Yemen(?), Songhai (as I will call that Maliwank) as Iran, in an eternal rivalry with each other, Liberia as Syria, Kong (Ivory-Coast-wank) as Iraq, and Nigeria as Turkey.

But both of those lack an Israel, despite the fact that there seem to be two Israels: One capitalist in Israel, and one communist in East Prussia (maybe the state analogue of the US Jewish community?)

The world in a near-future where this Crimea business escalates.
Everyone is currently wondering whether Russia will really "properly integrate" Kazakhstan into the Eurasian Union like it did with Belarus, given that Chinese troops are massed on the border...

The world
Radiation zones from Chernobyl shown?

A teaser (NOT FINAL) map for my TL

TfvZ76U.png

Commentaries and suggestions are welcome! I have a lot of work to do yet, and virtually everything is up to modifications!

BTW, read more here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.