Anglo-German Alliance

Glen

In 1915 the short reign of Lij Iyasu was overthrown by supporters of Zauditu with the support and encouragement of the British and Italians.

By 1916, the Addis Ababa treaty was worked out, allowing for British and Italian railways to pass through Ethiopia, based on the model of the British and German railways that were agreed to by Leopold II through Congo at the turn of the century.

OOC: So, Goma and Addis Ababa are likely to be important transportation hubs in Africa...where else?

Glen

Time for a decade round-up of the 1910s!

First off, North America 1910s -

Canada sees the defeat of the Liberal government at the beginning of the decade. The decade is one of peace and continuing high numbers of immigrants flocking to the shores of Canada. Only by the end of the decade is women's suffrage becoming a widespread phenomenon.

Newfoundland sees not much change, and St Pierre and Miquelon continue their languid incorporation into the Dominion.

The United States of America is preoccupied first with the amazing election of 1912 where former President Theodore Roosevelt launches a third party bid for a third term. With the Republicans split, Dark Horse Woodrow Wilson takes the White House. His administration is taken up mostly with dealing with Mexican bandits such as Pancho Villa, part of the chaos of the Mexican Civil War. With a large economic downturn, Woodrow Wilson is defeated in 1916 by former Supreme Court Justice Charles Evan Hughes. One of the first major diplomatic acts of the Hughes administration is to sponsor a Naval Conference, strengthening and expanding the Naval agreements of 1906, helping to maintain peace and keep down military costs for the Great Powers.

Mexico suffered through a Civil War after the Diaz Presidency, but out of the chaos came a new constitution and things began to return to normalcy by the end of the 1910s.

Next time....Central America and the Caribbean....

Last edited:
hey... i just started to read your stuff in the last few days and its really good
question though, with the loss of so many markets overseas, will the US focus more on the Carribean and South America... maybe a SAFTA or more protectorates?

Glen

I for one am hoping that this fascinating TL is not dead!

:)

Not hardly. I have big plans for this and its related timelines (and maybe one other that I haven't unveiled yet). However, I have no real time at present to continue. It will come, probably sometime in the new year. But it is not dead, far from it.

:)
Not hardly. I have big plans for this and its related timelines (and maybe one other that I haven't unveiled yet). However, I have no real time at present to continue. It will come, probably sometime in the new year. But it is not dead, far from it.

Wohoo a return to the glory days of Anglo-German-Japanese Destruction of the world.

Spendid news I look forward to its resumption.

Glen

I am glad that there are so many loyal readers.

It is of course your enthusiasm that helps fuel the fire....

Maybe I'll give myself a Christmas present of working on the AGA timelines a bit this Christmas, but I do need to do some much more pressing work in the real world first.

I am glad that there are so many loyal readers.

It is of course your enthusiasm that helps fuel the fire....

Maybe I'll give myself a Christmas present of working on the AGA timelines a bit this Christmas, but I do need to do some much more pressing work in the real world first.

Ree-ull wurld? Come on, that's verging on ASB. Everybody knows there's no such thing! :rolleyes:

Glen

Hmmm...forgot about some of this stuff here...need to refresh myself before starting again....

Glen

I'm a bit stuck on the US Presidential Election of 1920.

The Republican candidate will be incumbant President Charles Evans Hughes.

Democratic candidate either James Cox or William McAdoo.

For some reason, I thought at first Cox might win in 1920, but if McAdoo gets the democratic nod, I think Hughes.

Need to figure this one out....

Glen

I'm a bit stuck on the US Presidential Election of 1920.

The Republican candidate will be incumbant President Charles Evans Hughes.

Democratic candidate either James Cox or William McAdoo.

For some reason, I thought at first Cox might win in 1920, but if McAdoo gets the democratic nod, I think Hughes.

Need to figure this one out....

Okay, after much thought.....I think in 1920 the match-up will be Hughes versus McAdoo, with Hughes winning re-election. Although Cox was a popular choice in the convention, he did not actively seek the nomination as he rightly judged that it would be a difficult campaign against the incumbant Hughes.

In 1924, Cox will be the Democratic Nominee. Still determining who the Republican Candidate will be....