WI:Russia christianizes before Poland

I was thinking what if Russia Christianizes before Poland could christianize, if Poland does not convert to christianity in 966 but instead Christianity becomes official in Kievan Rus around 960 before the tribe of Polans converts to christianity and unites the Lechitic tribes and that also means Krakovia, Sandomir and Silesia remain under Bohemia and how would Bohemia and Kiev would treat the Pagan Slavs?

There was certainly opportunity for Rus to convert. It's been a common speculation that the warlords Askold and Dyr of Kiev might have been early converts (no real evidence though).

Certainly Yaropolk Svyatoslavich is considered a prime candidate for conversion, though again that could be Yaroslav's propaganda machine at work (he disinterred Yaropolk and Oleg and baptised them posthumously).

There was certainly opportunity for Rus to convert. It's been a common speculation that the warlords Askold and Dyr of Kiev might have been early converts (no real evidence though).

Certainly Yaropolk Svyatoslavich is considered a prime candidate for conversion, though again that could be Yaroslav's propaganda machine at work (he disinterred Yaropolk and Oleg and baptised them posthumously).

Yes, there is a chance for Russia or Rus to convert earlier, if it converts earlier than Poland what will happen to Europe?

Best time for Rus' to convert early would be during Rurik's time. There was an attempted Christianization efforts in the Rus' Khaganate.

Best time for Rus' to convert early would be during Rurik's time. There was an attempted Christianization efforts in the Rus' Khaganate.

Yeah and Rus and Moravia will be allies ITTL, i will perhaps work in a TL like that..here is my idea actually.

In the year 960, Boleslav I of Bohemia sought new allies against his enemies especially his liege, the Holy Roman Emperor, he sought Olga of Kiev in having his daughter, Doubravka marry her son, Sviatoslav. Olga was able to convince her son, Sviatoslav to convert to Christianity in 964, he was finally baptized in 965 and married Doubravka of Bohemia, her retinue included a priest named Jordan, who was made the first bishop of Rus.

Is Svyatoslav converting to Orthodoxy or Catholicism? Olga converted to Orthodoxy IOTL though.

This is pre-schism, so it doesn't really matter as much. I am certain they will prefer services in Slavonic over Latin, if that's what you're asking.

Is Svyatoslav converting to Orthodoxy or Catholicism? Olga converted to Orthodoxy IOTL though.

This is pre-schism, so it doesn't really matter as much. I am certain they will prefer services in Slavonic over Latin, if that's what you're asking.

That is what I was aiming for.

I think he will convert to christianity and prefer slavonic over latin but Bohemia will be the one to convert the Rus, I think Rus can side on Constantinople later on but they could also side on Rome due to them being allied with Bohemia.

I think he will convert to christianity and prefer slavonic over latin but Bohemia will be the one to convert the Rus, I think Rus can side on Constantinople later on but they could also side on Rome due to them being allied with Bohemia.

It will also depend on where the center of gravity for Slavonic literacy would be...otl it was Bulgaria esp. Thessaloniki and esp. after the fall of Moravia. They were quite Constantinople oriented and Runs might go where Bulgarian clergy go. But nothing is impossible.

Why did you kill off Mieszko? The OP's goal could be achieved without killing him, just that Dobrawa married someone else should be enough...

Why did you kill off Mieszko? The OP's goal could be achieved without killing him, just that Dobrawa married someone else should be enough...

Yeah, I just want Boleslav to appear more bad ITTL, since he killed his brother, i don't think he would not hesitate to kill again...