why was jfk assassinated?

The only problem I have with the "Oswald did it alone" conclusion by the Warren Commission is Oswald's own assassination by mobster Jack Ruby a few days later. The conclusion that the mob killed Oswald to silence him, and that the mob had some role in the JFK assassination, is unavoidable.
No, It's really a very avoidable conclusion. Just say no, man, just say no.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The only problem I have with the "Oswald did it alone" conclusion by the Warren Commission is Oswald's own assassination by mobster Jack Ruby a few days later. The conclusion that the mob killed Oswald to silence him, and that the mob had some role in the JFK assassination, is unavoidable.

It is very avoidable. There are lots of people who think about killing infamous murders. This is why you will frequently see these sorts of high profile prisoners transported wearing body armor.

In my mis-spent youth I put in my term as a JFK assassination bug. There simply is nothing there.

"Hi I'm Tom Hanks, you all may know me from my many roles in such films as "Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, "A League of their own and many others.

Today I'm here to talk to you about a serious subject.

Conspiracy theories.

I know alot of kids and even some adults think using COnspiracy theories is cool and that ALL the cool smart hip people use conspiracy theories, but that's just not true.

In reality COnspiracy theories distract you from real history and may even interfere with your ability to function in the real world and relate to other people.

Too often we have seen whole lives ruined by people's sad devotion to addiction to conspiracy theories and the time has come to stop the madness.

Remember and remember to tel lyour friends that in nearly every case, the simplest and most direct explaination that requires the least amount of unverified assumptions is most likely the correct account of any historical event.

Dare to keep kids and adults off Conspiracy theories."

"I'm Tom Hanks and this is The More you know."

Remember kids, Tom Hanks says Just say no to Conspiracy theories.

It is very avoidable. There are lots of people who think about killing infamous murders. This is why you will frequently see these sorts of high profile prisoners transported wearing body armor.

In my mis-spent youth I put in my term as a JFK assassination bug. There simply is nothing there.
Just say no to COnspiracy theories, DARE to keep kids and grown ups off Conspiracy theories.

In one of Haig's books, Haig said that LBJ thought that Castro was behind JFK's assassination.

In Castro's interview-book, Castro said that he thought an anti-Castro faction was behind the assassination.

(Peers up into sky, shielding eyes from sun. Sets down folding chair. Pauses for moment as if remembering something, nods head. Reaches into large backpack, takes out a bulky telescoping object. Sets object to length of about twelve feet, walks about twenty feet away from chair, plants object into ground. Sighs with releif, walks back to chair, takes out copy of "Heretics of Dune," and waits.)

When's the smiting?

It certainly is, it is also one of the stupidest.

It’s hard to get more loony than Jim Garrison, who said, "It was a homosexual thrill-killing."

Before Garrison was done he had accused lawyers defending people Garrison suspected; Cuban guerillas; Texas oilmen; White Russians; Neo-Nazis; the Thirteen State Regional Democratic Organization, the Minute Men; the governors of California, Nebraska, and Ohio; the Warren Commission; the CIA; the FBI; the Secret Service; the Dallas Police Department; the Military-Industrial Complex; Newsweek, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, NBC, and CBS; conspiracy theorists Henry Hurt and Anthony Summers; the phone company, the John Birch Society; Ramsey Clark; Lyndon Johnson, and Robert Kennedy.
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

Meerkat92

Banned
It’s hard to get more loony than Jim Garrison, who said, "It was a homosexual thrill-killing."

Before Garrison was done he had accused lawyers defending people Garrison suspected; Cuban guerillas; Texas oilmen; White Russians; Neo-Nazis; the Thirteen State Regional Democratic Organization, the Minute Men; the governors of California, Nebraska, and Ohio; the Warren Commission; the CIA; the FBI; the Secret Service; the Dallas Police Department; the Military-Industrial Complex; Newsweek, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, NBC, and CBS; conspiracy theorists Henry Hurt and Anthony Summers; the phone company, the John Birch Society; Ramsey Clark; Lyndon Johnson, and Robert Kennedy.
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

Obviously it was these guys. Think about it: commit the conspiracy, make it look like it was Oswald acting alone, then get to live out the rest of their lives bragging openly about how they killed Kennedy, and nobody will suspect a thing because the conspiracy's two people! The world would see them as raging loons, but they'd still get to die of old age knowing they'd pulled it off! Boom. Airtight logic. :cool::D:p

*Bunker tremors*

Hopefully that is just a local earthquake.

Depends on whether the source of the quakes is inside or outside.

A timeline could be written where two or three groups of assassins figure out they're all on the same assignment and work out a deal.

More seriously is the murder of Oswald by Ruby, it adds to the mystery and infers a possibility that Oswald was killed to keep his mouth shut

I've never been a JFK assassination conspiracy enthusiast. But the killing of Oswald by Ruby, a Dallas strip club owner and mobster who later died of cancer in prison in 1966, casts doubt on the Warren Commission's "Oswald did it alone" conclusion. It indicates some type of mob involvement in silencing Oswald, if not in the JFK assassination itself.

There was a conspiracy to kill Lincoln in 1865, so it is not implausible to suppose that a conspiracy could have existed to kill JFK in 1963. A professional mob hit with Oswald--a pro-Castro, communist sympathizer with a Russian wife--as the patsy, or fall guy, to take the blame is a possibility. Oswald could have been part of a team of assassins, who knew of one another's existence and approximate location along the JFK limo route, but little else about one another.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I've never been a JFK assassination conspiracy enthusiast. But the killing of Oswald by Ruby, a Dallas strip club owner and mobster who later died of cancer in prison in 1966, casts doubt on the Warren Commission's "Oswald did it alone" conclusion. It indicates some type of mob involvement in silencing Oswald, if not in the JFK assassination itself.

There was a conspiracy to kill Lincoln in 1865, so it is not implausible to suppose that a conspiracy could have existed to kill JFK in 1963. A professional mob hit with Oswald--a pro-Castro, communist sympathizer with a Russian wife--as the patsy, or fall guy, to take the blame is a possibility. Oswald could have been part of a team of assassins, who knew of one another's existence and approximate location along the JFK limo route, but little else about one another.
Well, no one can say I didn't try.

I REALLY, REALLY tried to keep the butcher's bill down on this one.

Kicked for a week for JFK conspiracy theory support.

Meerkat92

Banned
I'm surprised we've lasted this long with only two mod interventions. We're getting smarter you guys, I can feel it! :)

Cook

Banned
Notice how all these nutballs that say Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination always say that it was because LBJ wanted more American involvement in Vietnam and he knew that JFK was going to withdraw US troops from there? So we have LBJ, a man with no interest in foreign affairs, organising the assassination of JFK, a president who preferred foreign affairs to domestic issues, and a profoundly anti-communist one at that. It’d be more believable if Lyndon ordered Kennedy’s assassination so that he could usher in the Great Society.

Well, I'm not sure what this site's policy is on replying to suspended posters, but I just have to comment on this and hope the punishment won't be too brutal...

So in essence, what you're saying is that the mob may well have used Oswald to assassinate the President for their own purposes, but failed to plan how to prevent Oswald from being arrested and implicating them (despite the fact that it was quite foreseeable that Oswald could be able to avoid imminent arrest since he was an employee at the Book Depository, and did in fact avoid arrest there, which would have given the said mob time and opportunity to dispose of him before the police got anywhere near him), and once he was arrested and the mob got scared that they would be implicated, they then chose to dispose of him by using a guy who could easily be linked to them to shoot Oswald openly and in plain sight of the police, reporters and the general public. Right?

Who is running this mob, 8-year olds?

Why would any conspiracy, let alone one that one that could keep itself hidden for a half a century, use Oswald and Ruby? w Wouldn't they preferred mentally stable people who had actually killed someone.