No Ionian Revolt

I'm studying greek and roman history right now for my final on thursday. Also History channel's battles BC is on and has done Thermopylae show twice also their show on Melitetus and his battles twice today. I think it's funny, what a coincidence to now find this thread :eek::cool:

I'm studying greek and roman history right now for my final on thursday. Also History channel's battles BC is on and has done Thermopylae show twice also their show on Melitetus and his battles twice today. I think it's funny, what a coincidence to now find this thread :eek::cool:
That actually was my inspiration, I was home sick and watched the history channel actually showing history! :eek:

Oh you mean the "American Pickers" its not bad, its about these two guys who go around farms and little towns and such pooking their noses into people's lives and houses looking for stuff they want to part with. The one episode they found this guy who collected houses, he had a White castle, a small old market, log cabin, a church, and other things. The old man had also collected many other things as well. Interesting really.

Probably not that much. Thermoplylae and related events just take place later, is all. Greece is still a tempting target, and sooner or later an expansionist Persian emperor will want to expand in that direction. Maybe the expedition succeeds due to the Persians having more time to observe the Greeks in action and realizing that their light infantry are totally unsuited for a Thermopylae-type battle. This could have all sorts of interesting impacts on Western civilization.

Probably not that much. Thermoplylae and related events just take place later, is all. Greece is still a tempting target, and sooner or later an expansionist Persian emperor will want to expand in that direction. Maybe the expedition succeeds due to the Persians having more time to observe the Greeks in action and realizing that their light infantry are totally unsuited for a Thermopylae-type battle. This could have all sorts of interesting impacts on Western civilization.

Day
Auugh! The pain is unbearable!

The Ionian Revolt was bound to happen and no doubt the Greeks in Asia Minor would receive some form of help from their brothers and sisters in mainland Greece and elsewhere in the ancient Greek world. Sooner or later the Persians are going to think about expanding west.

The Ionian Revolt was bound to happen and no doubt the Greeks in Asia Minor would receive some form of help from their brothers and sisters in mainland Greece and elsewhere in the ancient Greek world. Sooner or later the Persians are going to think about expanding west.

I am not talking about that.

But! Marathon is earlier than Thermopylae. Several campaigns are earlier than Thermopylae.