Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asami

Banned
AAwkbho.png

The 'Wikimedia' box for Tito's successor. I'm debating between using 90s-punk technology style (bad HTML formatting, low colour depth), or defaulting to my previous terminal-based one. :p

AAwkbho.png

The 'Wikimedia' box for Tito's successor. I'm debating between using 90s-punk technology style (bad HTML formatting, low colour depth), or defaulting to my previous terminal-based one. :p

I really like this 90s punk vibe. I think that it may fit the setting better, and may have a larger design space to work with.

Asami

Banned
Ee5CWbf.png

Joseph Stalin Cobb, the successor to Gregory Davidson as First Minister of Twin Peaks. He's notable only because of his status as one of the most successful First Generation Emigres to ascend to positions of power, becoming Assistant Undersecretary of Law for the prefecture at age 15, and becoming a Deputy Sheriff at 17. He would later become the Sheriff of the City of Truman, his birthplace, in 1983, at age 26. Life is tough on the frontier, and he was not the only youngster to have a hefty job to do.

He would serve as leader of the Twin Peaks province from 1994 to 2012, when he retired.

There are several and I mean several references to Twin Peaks here. I'm trying to refine my 'Wiki' for this timeline, adding some lines and shit. I may have to play with it some more. :p

Last edited:
The Final Frontier, Freed Part 2
The Governorship of Walter Hickel's Libertarian successor Dick Randolph was an unmitigated disaster, a disaster that has prevented the Libertarians from gaining a mandate in Juneau since. The attempted relaxing of environmental regulations led to a major breach of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline in 1985. This led to a return to governance of the Alaskan Independence Party in 1986 and the sceduling of a second independence referendum for 1990.

In 1989 The campaign for independence was just gearing up when tragedy struck the south Alaska coastline. At 1:05 on Good Friday, the Exxon Valdez struck Bligh Reef in Prince William Sound and spilled 11 to 38 million US gallons of Crude Oil. Dithering in congress led to relief funding being delayed three months causing untold damage to the flora and fauna of the area. The ammunition this incident provided the 'yes' crowd alone would have been enough to push the referendum into 'likely' but it didn't stop there.

In December, 1989; during the peak of Dungeness crab season, an American fishing boat allegedly strayed into Soviet territorial waters whereupon it was seized by a Soviet Coast Guard boat. The ensuing crisis, while settled peacefully showed Alaskans the weakness of the American Government to the Russians, and is often considered the straw that broke the 'No' Campaign's back.

Alaskan Independence Referendum, 1990.png

On May 24th, 1990, Alaska made a unilateral Declaration of Independence, and the world waited with bated breath to see what would happen...

Last edited:
For want of poor eyesight means that Truman gets into West Point. His alleged 'backstabbing' of President Wallace at the convention would see him reviled by the 33rd President, yet respected by the nation at large.

WpOOYq.png

From the British TV series Yes, Prime Minister

PoD here in the Yes, Prime Minister verse is that Callaghan calls a snap election for 1978 and wins narrowly, thus forcing Margaret Thatcher to resign as Tory Leader. She is succeeded by Shadow Foreign Secretary Herbert Attwell (the unseen but named predecessor of Hacker in the show) who leads the Tories to a victory in the October 1981 general election.

Hacker, who was Shadow Agriculture Minister under Thatcher, ran the leadership bid of Shadow Education Secretary Martin Evans, who was defeated by Attwell. Hacker was retained in his role under Attwell in opposition but shifted to run the Ministry of Administrative Affairs after the 1981 election win. When Attwell resigns just over two years later due to health issues, Hacker succeeds him in an unopposed ballot after utilising knowledge of scandals behind Chancellor of the Exchequer Eric Jeffries and Foreign Secretary Duncan Short to force them out of the leadership running.

Hacker goes on to govern as a moderate, centre-right style Conservative and wins a general election in May 1986. He leads the UK through the end of the Cold War and emerges in the aftermath as a respected international statesman, particularly through negotiation of the fates of Eastern European breakaway states following the fall of the USSR, and taking a new foreign policy leadership role in the EU. He also oversees a series of well-received domestic reforms in education, local government and health, though his plans for radical defence policy and employment reform are thwarted throughout. The UK under the Hacker government encountered economic trouble towards the end of the Eighties which was a contributing factor in Hacker losing the 1991 election to John Smith's Labour Party.

tumblr_ojn1agLzHG1sgmty0o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
From the British TV series Yes, Prime Minister

PoD here in the Yes, Prime Minister verse is that Callaghan calls a snap election for 1978 and wins narrowly, thus forcing Margaret Thatcher to resign as Tory Leader. She is succeeded by Shadow Foreign Secretary Herbert Attwell (the unseen but named predecessor of Hacker in the show) who leads the Tories to a victory in the October 1981 general election.

Hacker, who was Shadow Agriculture Minister under Thatcher, ran the leadership bid of Shadow Education Secretary Martin Evans, who was defeated by Attwell. Hacker was retained in his role under Attwell in opposition but shifted to run the Ministry of Administrative Affairs after the 1981 election win. When Attwell resigns just over two years later due to health issues, Hacker succeeds him in an unopposed ballot after utilising knowledge of scandals behind Chancellor of the Exchequer Eric Jeffries and Foreign Secretary Duncan Short to force them out of the leadership running.

Hacker goes on to govern as a moderate, centre-right style Conservative and wins a general election in May 1986. He leads the UK through the end of the Cold War and emerges in the aftermath as a respected international statesman, particularly through negotiation of the fates of Eastern European breakaway states following the fall of the USSR, and taking a new foreign policy leadership role in the EU. He also oversees a series of well-received domestic reforms in education, local government and health, though his plans for radical defence policy and employment reform are thwarted throughout. The UK under the Hacker government encountered economic trouble towards the end of the Eighties which was a contributing factor in Hacker losing the 1991 election to John Smith's Labour Party.

tumblr_ojn1agLzHG1sgmty0o1_1280.jpg
Nice, but in the show Hacker's explicitly/ambiguously not really a Conservative, and through various canon sources his time as Prime Minster is defined as ending in January, 1988,

Nice, but in the show Hacker's explicitly/ambiguously not really a Conservative, and through various canon sources his time as Prime Minster is defined as ending in January, 1988,

Re: his party, aware of the evidence to show he's neither Tory or Labour (esp from the pilot) but couldn't find a plausible reason to put a new third party into the PoD so I put him as a Conservative as I felt a) from his policies in the series he was more Tory than Labour and b) remember an interview with the writers where they said they privately viewed Hacker as a wet Tory

On the 1988 date I read the source showing that but wasn't sure of it fully, nor thought it squared other dates/sources from the series (the in universe details were quite conflicting in all areas, not just dates, e.g. the names of Cabinet ministers kept changing back and forth) so due to the conflicting details/dates I decided to go with 1991 as opposed to 1988. I figured this as Hacker was not the courageous type and so I figured he'd have let the parliamentary term run to the five year point before going for elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.