2010 US Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBS

NBS News Round-up

Tuesday January 10th, 2016

China's new Ambassador to the US announced.
China has announced its new ambassador to the United States. The previous ambassador was recalled due to corruption charges. The new Ambassador is Zhang Zhou, a close associate of Preisdent Qian who was with the young Zhang on numerous trips Qian Min took to North Korea. This move is seen by many in the west as a means decrease hostility.

Qian visits John Rabe House, announces China will watch Japan Closely.
China's President today visited the John Rabe House in Nanjing. He had a speech about how because of the John Rabe and the International Committee for the Nanking Safety Zone his mother was able to escape from soldiers whom had raped her and into the safety of the zone. Qian then stated that Japanese Nationalism is on the rise and "the fools who think the past of imperialism worked forget it brought their nation to ruin. If these fools do it again China will defend her sovereignty." President Qian then stated the last thing he wants is war but he and his people will watch Japan closely.

South Korean Intelligence Agencies: "North Korean Rocket testing to resume soon."
The National Intelligence Agency of South Korea announced they beleive that North Korea will very soon launch rockets that would be capable of carrying nuclear or chemical warheads as apart of a test. The program was set back years after a rocket exploded on the pad in 2013, something Notth Korea briefly blamed on the United States.

Qumar: China killed number two Bahji leader in Qumar.
The offices of PLA Commanding general, General Zhi, announced that today they killed the Number two of Bahji. The report was showed with a picture of the dead man. Haazim el-Mir, the Bahji's number two in Qumar was killed by Chinese Special Forces in a raid near the Iranian Border. They Chinese military is stating the killing is a victory. The US State Department has stated they would prefer if China didn't kill Haazim el-Mir and could have used him for intelligence information.

Naked man out runs London Police near Downing Street.
A naked man ran around Number Ten Dowing Street for a period of fifteen minutes eluding police. The man was a white Caucasian wearing a mask. He was not captured by the police but police believe the man is a free runner.

Last edited:
Sorry how did the naked man get into Downing Street? It is a closed street at both ends with big gates, and loads of very big Policemen armed with machine guns. It is flanked by the Foreign Office on one side and Number 10 & Number 11 on the other, and if he did he would have been shot!!
Mind you he could have been on tour or something visiting the Foreign office or the Cabinet Office which lies at 180 degrees to Number 10, and slipped out into the street itself.
Still I can think of something funny for PMQ's for that incident, although a serious subject, safety, terrorism etc.

Last edited:
Wiki info box for President Jed Bartlet

tumblr_ojm3ylSYhK1sgmty0o1_1280.jpg

Spectator Coffee House.com
Wednesday January 11th 2017

PMQ's turns into "Carry On Question Time" with double entendre's a plenty

Yes, people the House of Commons, that great forum of the nation, the "Mother of All Parliaments" was reduced for half an hour today to basically the script of a "Carry On" film with loads of double entendre's.

The news yesterday that Police guarding Downing Street failed to apprehend a naked "free runner" running past the Whitehall gates has been the main topic of conservation in the Palace. contrary to first reports, the man didn't actually get into Downing Street but never the less it has caused a bit of a story.

It was a Conservative Back bencher, Helen Fenwick (Newcastle-under-Lyme) a self confessed member of the "awkward squad" who started the ball rolling with a question about the "large increases in investment" which brought about laughter from both sides, with Labour veteran Reg McClane (Knowsley) shouting back "there was a large member increase outside Downing Street yesterday".

Andrea Benn used her first question on the incident, but from a rather security point of view, but it was the Prime-Minister himself who after replying that "he had ordered an investigation, I also asked to inspect the security footage personally of the incident" which brought further laughter from all sides. Benn who is not known for her sense of humour, ploughed onto her next question about Rail investment.

Last edited:
Sorry how did the naked man get into Downing Street? It is a closed street at both ends with big gates, and loads of very big Policemen armed with machine guns. It is flanked by the Foreign Office on one side and Number 10 & Number 11 on the other, and if he did he would have been shot!!
Mind you he could have been on tour or something visiting the Foreign office or the Cabinet Office which lies at 180 degrees to Number 10, and slipped out into the street itself.
Still I can think of something funny for PMQ's for that incident, although a serious subject, safety, terrorism etc.
Well I figured in a round up thing like the above, a naked man being shot to death by the Metropolitian Police Service, Would not be a good short story. Because if I did that then I would open up a can of worms about British police that I don't think is nesecary, well at the moment. And when I want to hurt the wonderful British police I will do it in such a way that will make the Murdoch scandals seem minute.

Edited: it's supposed to be silly. My main focus is Asia at the moment. But silly stuff needs to happen in this thread because the West Wing had the silly stuff too.

Last edited:
Well I figured in a round up thing like the above, a naked man being shot to death by the Metropolitian Police Service, Would not be a good short story. Because if I did that then I would open up a can of worms about British police that I don't think is necessary, well at the moment. And when I want to hurt the wonderful British police I will do it in such a way that will make the Murdoch scandals seem minute.

Edited: it's supposed to be silly. My main focus is Asia at the moment. But silly stuff needs to happen in this thread because the West Wing had the silly stuff too.
It is fine, very funny at times, been re-watching series 6, it has a few laugh out load moments (Josh in Third-Day Story & Donna interviewing the "nutty" candidates in Iowa in King Corn)

It is fine, very funny at times, been re-watching series 6, it has a few laugh out load moments (Josh in Third-Day Story & Donna interviewing the "nutty" candidates in Iowa in King Corn)
Well politics is at times serious and at times silly. The West Wing covered both very well.

BBC.COM/NEWS

Wednesday January 11th, 2017

Nagasawa says Qian is a liar.

Deputy Prime Minister of Japan and Finance Minister Heiji Nagasawa stated Chinese President Qian's statement at the Rabe House was a lie.

"The claims of the Chinese President are false and erroneous. His mother was not raped and only a few women were raped in Nanjing in the 1930's. The fact Qian was giving a Nazi accolades proves the Chinese as a major threat to democratic processes in Japan. These claims against Imperial Japanese Troops eighty to seventy years ago are lies put out by the allies after World War II as a reason to execute our wartime leaders. "

This statement is expected to infuriate nations where Japan occupied during the war. China is likely to the loudest protesting voice to these statements by the deputy prime minister. It is expected Prime Minister Junichiro will remain silent.

Last edited:
NBS.COM
Thursday January 12th 2017

John Hoynes to adapt Zoby Zeigler's book on the "August 85" crises for a NBS TV movie

NBS is pleased to announce that John Hoynes will be adapting former White House Communications Director Zoby Zeigler's 2011 book on the "August 85" crises which followed President Reagan's stroke for a special two hour TV movie.

The outgoing Texas Governor and former Vice-President has made a name for himself as a writer and screen writer since leaving the Vice-Presidency in 2003. He was leader writer on the NBS show "The Congressman" before it was cancelled after one season in 2011.

No casting has yet been decided, but the film will go into production in May this year.

Last edited:
NBS.COM/NEWS

Thursday January 12th, 2017

Qian: "Disgusted by Nagasawa's statement"

PRC President Qian Min today released a statement stating his disgust and anger at Japanese Deputy Prime Minister Heiji Nagasawa.

"I am disgusted that a major leader of Japan states my mother was a liar and that John Rabe's act of mercy was to be spoiled by Rabe being a Nazi. I must counter by stating that attacks against Comfort women and the survivors of the Rape of Nanking will not and has not been tolerated by China or any Chinese government. The Government of Japan by not stating they are disgusted by the minister's statement are in agreement with this statement."

NBS.COM
Friday January 13th 2017

Breaking News Breaking News

Senator Howard rules out Presidential run but urges fellow Senator Robinson to enter race

Washington Senator Andrew Howard has today ruled out running for the Democratic Presidential nomination but has urged fellow Democratic Senator Rudi Robinson to run.

Howard was speaking to a group of Democratic workers in Spokane today "I will not be seeking our parties nomination for the Presidency, but I have urged privately and now publically for my great friend and a great Senator Rudi Robinson of Indiana to run" He added "We need fresh faces and thinking in the White House, and we need someone who understands modern America, I know in my heart that Rudi is that man, not only as our nominee but as our next President".

Howard who entered the Senate in 2010 had been expected to run, but in the last few weeks himself and Senators Robinson and McClelland of Maryland have known to have several meetings, on the understanding one of them had to stand for the nomination this time around.

NBS.COM
Sunday January 15th 2017

Robinson Presidential campaign "Certain"

Sources from within the Democratic Party have told NBS that a run for the Democratic Presidential nomination by Indiana Senator Rudi Robinson is "certain".

"Senator Robinson has a staff ready, he has visited Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, all key early voting states, he is certain now to run".

It looks likely that Senator Robisnon who only entered the Senate at the 2012 mid-terms beating Republican Jacob Laramak by just 429 votes to replace the retiring Republican Rob O'Rourke is ready to gamble everything on a Presidential campaign rather than run for re-election as a Senator. Robinson had been the dark horse when the former Indiana Pacers basketball star beat former Indiana Governor Jack Buckland for the nomination in a bitter primary campaign.

With presumed front-runner fellow Senator Sam Seaborn still yet to formally declare, Robinson seems ready to jump into the race and get the news cycle ahead of President Walkens State of the Union address next Tuesday night.

Last edited:
ACN.COM

Sunday January 15th, 2016

Junichiro: "We shall not tolerate China's bullying anymore."

Prime Minister Ayeka Junichiro today stated that Japan would not tolerate the bullying by China anymore. In a statement at the Kantei Prime Minister Junichiro said the following.

"For too long Japan has taken the brunt of bullying by the communist Chinese Government. We will no longer tolerate this insistent berating by China and their want to rile up our Asian neighbors against us. Japan will begin this war of words with China and we feel our democracy will win out against the oppressive regime of China. We are confident the Americans will support us and force China to stand down. Japan will win and China shall loose."

Many western analysts consider this statement a deliberate act to rattle the leadership in Beijing and a move by Junichiro to shore up her hardline conservative supporters. Junichiro throwing her hat into the arena shows she is trying to fight a potentional party challenger in the form of Nagasawa. Many in Japan support her decision while as many are against it.

The Democratic Party of Japan is concerned threat these accusations could lead to war. "Former Prime Minister Arata Kanzaki warns, "Such a statement by the Prime Minister may lead our country towards war and the United States may not intervene on our behalf. The US may just sit out of the war, if it comes to that will be a naval battle that may hurt Japan's image more than us."

The State Department has not released any statement and it is unlikely the President will state this as the Chinese-Japanese row is only words at the moment. President Walken is currently busy practicing his state of the union, it is doubtful he will mention it in his address.

The concern in eastern Asia is will Japan and China go to war?

NBS.COM
Monday January 16th 2017

Breaking News Breaking News

Senator Rudi Robinson announces "Presidential Exploratory Committee" via video

As had been expected Democratic Indiana Senator Rudi Robinson has announced this morning that he has formed a "Presidential Exploratory Committee".

"After consulting with my family, friends and colleagues in the party I am announcing today that I have formed a Presidential Exploratory Committee. In exactly one years time, the people of New Hampshire will go to the polls to help decide who are parties Presidential nominee for 2018 will be. It is my intention to be on that ballot, but I need your support across this great land, I feel I have the support of the people I will formally announce my nomination in due course. I feel I have something new to offer our party and our country. We must move on, we cannot re-fight old battles, and no one in this party has the Presidential nomination because they think it should be "there turn this time", it doesn't work that way in America.It is perhaps right that today is "Martin Luther King Day" and the great man once said "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase" I think that is highly right for my announcement today, as I put my faith in you, the people".

ACN.COM

Monday January 16th, 2017

China replies to Japanese PM statement

In Beijing today a spokesman for Premier Lai said that, "China will not let Japan rewrite history so the blame on war crimes are erased." The government spokesman then stated. If Japan wants harsh language we shall give them harsh terms! If they want a fight we will give them one. We shall not back down to Japanese aggression and Japanese militarism. We are not mobilizing the military but we have sent the coast guard to disputed water territories to ensure Chinses fishing boats aren't harassed and record harassment when it does." The spokesman then stated "China will not back down if Japan doesn't. We did not begin this war of words, but we will not tolerate Japanese actions in the recent weeks."

As China and Japan gear up for more harsh rhetoric the fear in Asia is words will give way to violence, violence to war. With the White House saying they are watching the situation but they have remained quiet on the actions Wlaken will take. Many beleive that the president will see what happens with the Chinese Japanese situation but do nothing until something occurs.

While most in Washington are siding with Japan few want war with China but many are not saying what they want to see in the outcome.

One State Department Source told ACN, "We should let Japan and China fight, the Japanese Navy will sink China's fleet and the Chinese Navy will return to the mainland with it's tail between its legs and this new adventurous China will die in the cradle. Hopefully it will shake confidence in China."
An ACN source in the DoD, said the China would sink Japan's fleet.

But no matter what Washington is going to do, it is unlikely that DC will be able to ratchet down dptensions in Eastern Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.