The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Won as Ford/Connally (link), did better than 97.7% of players. Still lost the popular vote.
upload_2016-11-28_9-15-8.png

"Our first call of the night, we can call the state of Kentucky for Donald Trump. No surprises there, though it looks like his margin is down from Romney in 2012."
"Vermont for Secretary Clinton. She seems to have topped Obama 2012 there, a good sign for the night to come."
"West Virginia's for Trump. No surprises there, we can call the state of West Virginia for Donald Trump. It doesn't look like he has improved on the Romney 2012 numbers though."
"We can make a major call. The state of Virginia has gone for Clinton/Booker. Repeat, Virginia for Hillary Clinton. Looks like it's a pretty sizable margin. We could be in for a short night."
"We are ready to call North Carolina. The state of North Carolina has gone for Hillary Clinton. Those 15 electoral votes, critical on the path to 270, are for Hillary Clinton."
"It's not even close."
"We have a major call. Florida has gone for Hillary Clinton. Florida-Clinton. Looks like she's won by up to 5 points, a strong improvement on Obama's 2012 showing in the state."
"I don't see how Donald Trump can come back from this."
"Hold it right there-we have another major call. The state of Ohio, Ohio, has gone for Hillary Clinton."
"Those returns show Clinton up 5 in Ohio."
"We are calling Indiana for Donald Trump. Repeat, Indiana for Trump."
"Those are 11 electoral votes he absolutely needs. It's a red state, Obama won it in 2008 but other than that, it is a red state. Trump needed to win here."
"He's only up by a few points."
"Pennsylvania has been called for Hillary Clinton."
"Those margins, it's not even close."
"Barring a miracle, it is over for Donald Trump."
"Wisconsin-Clinton."
"We can now call the state of Michigan for Secretary Hillary Clinton. It looks like she's won by nearly double digits there."
"New Mexico has gone for Hillary Clinton. Look at these returns, it is a wipeout for Trump in that state."
"We can call the state of California for Secretary Hillary Clinton."
"We are ready to make a major projection. Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton will be the 45th President of the United States."
"No sign of Donald Trump from his campaign headquarters. Is he going to concede?"
"The state of Texas can be called for Donald Trump. It looks like a close one."
"Clinton is over 300 electoral votes. Still no word from the Trump campaign."
"Arizona is still too close to call."
"We are live from the Trump headquarters. Donald Trump is taking the stage."
"Thank you. Thank you. You have been tremendous, this is a tremendous movement. They said we'd never make it, we have come so far."-Donald Trump
"I have called Secretary Clinton and congratulated her on her victory. This was a very hard-fought campaign, she is a wonderful woman, I wish her the very best."-Donald Trump
"And you can be so, so proud of yourselves. Truly, we have made so much history. Thank you."-Donald Trump
"Well, it looks like that was a gracious concession speech. All that talk of a rigged election was for naught."
"I dunno, keep an eye on his Twitter feed."
"Now, at the Jacob K Javits Center, we can report live, Secretary Hillary Clinton is coming to speak."
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so very much. I j have just received a call from Donald Trump, and (cheers) I am just so honored." -Hillary Clinton
"We have won a great victory tonight. This is a victory for all Americans. This is a victory for our common values, and our vision, because we are stronger together!"-Hillary Clinton
"I promise, to all Americans, whether you voted for me or not, I will be your President."-Hillary Clinton
"We have had a rough campaign. And we need to come together as a nation. We need to make America whole again."-Hillary Clinton
"I am so proud of the campaign we have run, together. You have worked your heart and soul out for this campaign. Thank you."-Hillary Clinton
Our campaign was never about one person, or even one election. It was about the country we love and building an America that is hopeful, inclusive, and big-hearted. And tonight, we can declare, with pride, that America is great because America is good."-Hillary Clinton
"We’ve spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American dream is big enough for everyone—for people of all races, and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone."-Hillary Clinton
"And I know, and this election proves, that fighting for what's right is worth it."-Hillary Clinton
"I want you all to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion."-Hillary Clinton
"And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."-Hillary Clinton
"My friends, let us have faith in each other, let us not grow weary and lose heart, for there are more seasons to come and there is more work to do."-Hillary Clinton
"We have broken the highest, hardest glass ceiling. And let us break through many more ceilings to come."-Hillary Clinton
"May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.(glass shaped confetti falls from ceiling, cheers erupt)"-Hillary Clinton
"Well, there you have it."
"If you're still up, Arizona and Utah are still to be called."
"We can call Arizona for Donald Trump, though it's very close."
"Utah still cannot be called. Donald Trump is leading there by just under 2,000 votes currently."
"This has been one hell of an election."
link
upload_2016-11-29_12-53-53.png

upload_2016-11-29_12-54-21.png

Won as Clinton/Booker, doing better than 87.1% of players.​

Last edited:
"Our first call of the night, we can call the state of Kentucky for Donald Trump. No surprises there, though it looks like his margin is down from Romney in 2012."
"Vermont for Secretary Clinton. She seems to have topped Obama 2012 there, a good sign for the night to come."
"West Virginia's for Trump. No surprises there, we can call the state of West Virginia for Donald Trump. It doesn't look like he has improved on the Romney 2012 numbers though."
"We can make a major call. The state of Virginia has gone for Clinton/Booker. Repeat, Virginia for Hillary Clinton. Looks like it's a pretty sizable margin. We could be in for a short night."
"We are ready to call North Carolina. The state of North Carolina has gone for Hillary Clinton. Those 15 electoral votes, critical on the path to 270, are for Hillary Clinton."
"It's not even close."
"We have a major call. Florida has gone for Hillary Clinton. Florida-Clinton. Looks like she's won by up to 5 points, a strong improvement on Obama's 2012 showing in the state."
"I don't see how Donald Trump can come back from this."
"Hold it right there-we have another major call. The state of Ohio, Ohio, has gone for Hillary Clinton."
"Those returns show Clinton up 5 in Ohio."
"We are calling Indiana for Donald Trump. Repeat, Indiana for Trump."
"Those are 11 electoral votes he absolutely needs. It's a red state, Obama won it in 2008 but other than that, it is a red state. Trump needed to win here."
"He's only up by a few points."
"Pennsylvania has been called for Hillary Clinton."
"Those margins, it's not even close."
"Barring a miracle, it is over for Donald Trump."
"Wisconsin-Clinton."
"We can now call the state of Michigan for Secretary Hillary Clinton. It looks like she's won by nearly double digits there."
"New Mexico has gone for Hillary Clinton. Look at these returns, it is a wipeout for Trump in that state."
"We can call the state of California for Secretary Hillary Clinton."
"We are ready to make a major projection. Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton will be the 45th President of the United States."
"No sign of Donald Trump from his campaign headquarters. Is he going to concede?"
"The state of Texas can be called for Donald Trump. It looks like a close one."
"Clinton is over 300 electoral votes. Still no word from the Trump campaign."
"Arizona is still too close to call."
"We are live from the Trump headquarters. Donald Trump is taking the stage."
"Thank you. Thank you. You have been tremendous, this is a tremendous movement. They said we'd never make it, we have come so far."-Donald Trump
"I have called Secretary Clinton and congratulated her on her victory. This was a very hard-fought campaign, she is a wonderful woman, I wish her the very best."-Donald Trump
"And you can be so, so proud of yourselves. Truly, we have made so much history. Thank you."-Donald Trump
"Well, it looks like that was a gracious concession speech. All that talk of a rigged election was for naught."
"I dunno, keep an eye on his Twitter feed."
"Now, at the Jacob K Javits Center, we can report live, Secretary Hillary Clinton is coming to speak."
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so very much. I j have just received a call from Donald Trump, and (cheers) I am just so honored." -Hillary Clinton
"We have won a great victory tonight. This is a victory for all Americans. This is a victory for our common values, and our vision, because we are stronger together!"-Hillary Clinton
"I promise, to all Americans, whether you voted for me or not, I will be your President."-Hillary Clinton
"We have had a rough campaign. And we need to come together as a nation. We need to make America whole again."-Hillary Clinton
"I am so proud of the campaign we have run, together. You have worked your heart and soul out for this campaign. Thank you."-Hillary Clinton
Our campaign was never about one person, or even one election. It was about the country we love and building an America that is hopeful, inclusive, and big-hearted. And tonight, we can declare, with pride, that America is great because America is good."-Hillary Clinton
"We’ve spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American dream is big enough for everyone—for people of all races, and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone."-Hillary Clinton
"And I know, and this election proves, that fighting for what's right is worth it."-Hillary Clinton
"I want you all to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion."-Hillary Clinton
"And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."-Hillary Clinton
"My friends, let us have faith in each other, let us not grow weary and lose heart, for there are more seasons to come and there is more work to do."-Hillary Clinton
"We have broken the highest, hardest glass ceiling. And let us break through many more ceilings to come."-Hillary Clinton
"May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.(glass shaped confetti falls from ceiling, cheers erupt)"-Hillary Clinton
"Well, there you have it."
"If you're still up, Arizona and Utah are still to be called."
"We can call Arizona for Donald Trump, though it's very close."
"Utah still cannot be called. Donald Trump is leading there by just under 2,000 votes currently."
"This has been one hell of an election."
link
View attachment 297299
View attachment 297300
Won as Clinton/Booker, doing better than 87.1% of players.​

Why couldn't OTL be this?
Frown.png

Still waiting for the new version of 2016. I wonder what the big differences will be. Probably just less randomness.

It'll be easier for Trump. This one it is hard to win as Trump. However IOTL Trump ran a terrible campaign and had several meltdowns, as well as being accused of sexual assault, and still won.

It'll be easier for Trump. This one it is hard to win as Trump. However IOTL Trump ran a terrible campaign and had several meltdowns, as well as being accused of sexual assault, and still won.
Maybe as Trump, the more competent of a campaign you run, the worse you do!

On the 2016 scenario, instead of a total overhaul, they could do some minor updates and fixes such as get the correct pictures of the campaign managers, include the actual VP nominees in the VP choices, and make some adjustments to the minor party vote totals, which in the event wound up at about 5%.

The current scenario makes heavy use of terrorist attacks, to the point that you can tell if Trump is going to win by counting the number of terrorist attacks happening. Instead the election turned more on Clinton scandal related issues, which are barely mentioned in the scenario. Instead of Trump University, a big deal was made of sexual harassment. Trump turned out get nearly all normal GOP voters behind him, but struggled with the GOP establishment.