Upcoming AH books

Britannia's Fist - Third Book

Okay, so Amazon tells me it will be in my hands on 2/5 while they still say the release date is 2/17. Didn't realize Amazon had time travel working yet...

Either way, after a very long wait, it will be available soon.

Last edited:
had a flyer in one of my book club mailings for an AH novel coming out next month... "Clash of Eagles" by Alan Smale. The POD apparently is that Rome never fell, and has conquered all the way through Scandinavia. The New World has been discovered, and a Roman legion (carried on Norse longboats, no less) is sent there to add it to the Empire. But apparently, there is a POD in N. America too, because they run into... something, and the Romans have a real fight on their hands. This looks interesting... :)

had a flyer in one of my book club mailings for an AH novel coming out next month... "Clash of Eagles" by Alan Smale. The POD apparently is that Rome never fell, and has conquered all the way through Scandinavia. The New World has been discovered, and a Roman legion (carried on Norse longboats, no less) is sent there to add it to the Empire. But apparently, there is a POD in N. America too, because they run into... something, and the Romans have a real fight on their hands. This looks interesting... :)

What do you wanna bet it's some super Aztec Empire or something like that?

Apparently Turtledove is releasing Joe Steele on the 7th.

Two POD's I caught from the Amazon teaser:

FDR dies right before the 1932 convention, Steele takes the nomination and the presidency. Teaser teaser something about work camps for dissidents...

Trotsky is in power instead of Stalin...

Lokking through amazon and saw that apparently :Curse of maggie,Fight and be right , shuffle the deck, limpid stream ,zonen and for want of a paragraph being sold as ebooks.

bugwar

Banned
German version of the Manhattan Project

"The British Lion" - alternate history set after World War II — the sequel to "The Darkest Hour" —
London detective John Rossett joins forces with his Nazi boss to save the commander’s kidnapped daughter as the Germans race to make the first atomic bomb.

Releasing on Amazon 27 October '15.

51CCXvVUfWL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

bugwar

Banned
America Slides

New book series starting, details the crisis after FDR dies way early.

"President Roosevelt is dead.
As the nation mourns, the forces of darkness see their chance to bring the United States into the fascist fold.

Plots are devised and conspiracies hatched.
Led by Huey Long, Father Coughlin and J. Edgar Hoover, the United States begins to fall into tyranny.
All that now stands between America and a fascist dictator is the U.S. military under General Douglas MacArthur...a man who would be king."

41r4j7vzrEL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thande

Donor
Just realised I don't think it was ever posted here that a group of members on this site (including myself) have started publishing (often expanded versions of) our AH.com works through a Kindle publishing outfit Meadow and Lord Roem have set up: Sea Lion Press.

There are now 20 books available for purchase, including EdT's Fight and Be Right, CalBear's Anglo-American Nazi War (under the title Festung Europa) and a collection of 10 vignettes written by all of us. IF you haven't already, check it out!

'FAB'

In terms of modern/pop culture history, there's an book out on 8th December 2015 - 'FAB'. It 'imagines' that John Lennon wasn't shot in 1980 and follows him through that unforgettable decade - the 1980s

New book series starting, details the crisis after FDR dies way early.

"President Roosevelt is dead.
As the nation mourns, the forces of darkness see their chance to bring the United States into the fascist fold.

Plots are devised and conspiracies hatched.
Led by Huey Long, Father Coughlin and J. Edgar Hoover, the United States begins to fall into tyranny.
All that now stands between America and a fascist dictator is the U.S. military under General Douglas MacArthur...a man who would be king."

41r4j7vzrEL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Caesar MacArthur was actually one of my ideas for a TL. I hope this doesn't fall into "lol Huey Long fascist" trope like this detail suggests.

"The British Lion" - alternate history set after World War II — the sequel to "The Darkest Hour" —
London detective John Rossett joins forces with his Nazi boss to save the commander’s kidnapped daughter as the Germans race to make the first atomic bomb.

Releasing on Amazon 27 October '15.

51CCXvVUfWL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just saw this at the local book store right next to another althist book, The Madagascar Plan.

Anyone have a review or a link to a good one to either of these books?

(>Personal Rant< Its a good store but when it comes to Alternate History sometimes the books go in the general fiction section and sometimes they go in the Sci-Fi section. If it was just one or the other it would be fine but a seemingly random mix of both is annoying.)