A New Coat of Arms Thread

This is my attempt to create a new COA thread, Starting with this:
the Coat of arms of the Carolingian Empire

COACE.JPG

Hapsburg

Banned
Oh! Oh, yes! Finally! I always thought it sucked that the original COA thread die out.

Now, here's some COA's from my 1967+ TL (Which I really need to update. Odin-damned writer's block!)...

Coat of Arms of the Emperor of Orion:
armsoftheemperoroforiongk9.png

Arms of the Federation of Cygnus:
armsofthefederationofcyty0.png

Oh! Oh, yes! Finally! I always thought it sucked that the original COA thread die out.

Now, here's some COA's from my 1967+ TL (Which I really need to update. Odin-damned writer's block!)...

Coat of Arms of the Emperor of Orion:
armsoftheemperoroforiongk9.png

Arms of the Federation of Cygnus:
armsofthefederationofcyty0.png
Wow! I like the Orion one better.

Hapsburg

Banned
Hmmm. Then you'll like this:

Great Arms of the United Terran Empire:
armsoftheunitedterranemoy3.png

The various blazons represent the highest titles of the Terran Emperor:
Ever-August Terran Emperor; Emperor of Jupiter, of America, or Mexico, of Germany, of Austria, and of Rome; King of Prussia, of Bohemia, of Hungary, of Italy, and of Bavaria.
And all subsidiary titles those larger ones imply.

Ever-August Terran Emperor; Emperor of Jupiter, of America, or Mexico, of Germany, of Austria, and of Rome; King of Prussia, of Bohemia, of Hungary, of Italy, and of Bavaria.

That is one of the most beautiful works I have seen on this forum or anywhere for that matter. :eek::D:cool:

Wow!:cool:

Did you use MS Paint?!?!:eek:

Hapsburg

Banned
Very impressive, Hapsburg... what does the gold with red slash mean?
Lorraine, of the Habsburg-Lorraine ancestry. The Terran Imperial dynasty is referred to as "Compton" for short, but its full name is "Von Compton-Wittelsbach-Habsburg-Hohenzollern".

Compton brings in the American and Mexican titulary; Wittelsbach, the Bavarian; Habsburg, the Austrian, Hungarian and Bohemian crowns; and Hohenzollern, that of Mecklenburg, Prussia and Germany.

That's amazing nice work.:eek:
That is one of the most beautiful works I have seen on this forum or anywhere for that matter. :eek::D:cool:
Thanks. I was up from probably 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM working on it.:D

Did you use MS Paint?!?!:eek:
Yep. I use only MS Paint. I've practically mastered it, and I would probably suck at any other program.:D

Most of those coats of arms I got from this site:
http://www.heraldique-europeenne.org/Accueil.htm
It has just about every armorial symbol you could hope to find.

Of course, some arms, I had to make up because they weren't real; i.e. Jupiter, America, and Mexico ones. Although, with Mexico, I used the OTL Mexican Imperial coat of arms. I got that one at wiki.

Lorraine, of the Habsburg-Lorraine ancestry. The Terran Imperial dynasty is referred to as "Compton" for short, but its full name is "Von Compton-Wittelsbach-Habsburg-Hohenzollern".
Hm, so they cut the three birds? It seems odd that Lorraine, a minor duchy, gets to have one of the major shields of the empire of all Earth...

Hapsburg

Banned
I thought the birds were distracting.
Besides, I don't like birds. XD

The point of it is to sort of display the prominence of the Habsburg dynasty as one of the major components of the House of Compton.
Also, I couldn't think of anything better to put on the shield that would work right. The eagle I was going to put on there would either have been too big, too small, or too warped looking with not enough detail. So, I opted for something simple.

Hapsburg

Banned
In retrospect, you guys shouldn't quote images in your responses...:D

Anyway, another from my TL:
The State Coat of Arms of the Dictatorial Republic of the Central Galactic Union of Human Systems.
cgustatecoatofarmsmp5.png

By the way, is the Terran Empire racist as well as speciesist? I just happened to notice that there seems to be absolutely zero representation for anywhere in Africa or Asia on the CoA... is this a deliberate snub?

The DRCGUHS CoA is boring compared to the Terran Empire one, and is pretty much obviously a Nazi connection... (is this deliberate? I mean, I know you have made a lot of parallels, but is it deliberate on the part of the DRCGUHS officials? Since as FH, they would surely have access to Nazi symbolism...)

Hapsburg

Banned
By the way, is the Terran Empire racist as well as speciesist?
No. By that time, race is a nonissue in the Empire. And, the Terran Empire aren't really speciesist, but there's a definite preference for Humans, obviously. They don't become generally speciesist until the Humanist Party becomes the only legal political party in the Terran Empire in the late 5000s.

I just happened to notice that there seems to be absolutely zero representation for anywhere in Africa or Asia on the CoA... is this a deliberate snub?
No. It's just that, like the UK's coat of arms, the arms of the country are also the arms of the monarch.

There are Asian and African nobility, as well as many others, of course. But they're more like peers within the Terran House of Lords or members of the Privy Council, even though some hold the title of Emperor or King. Such as the Emperor of the Africans, the Emperor of Japan, the King of Abyssinia, etc.

The DRCGUHS CoA
You could just use "CGU". It's easier. :D

is boring compared to the Terran Empire one, and is pretty much obviously a Nazi connection...
That's almost the point. It creates the sense of the dull, repetitive, and coarse simplicity of the dictatorial government.

is this deliberate? I mean, I know you have made a lot of parallels, but is it deliberate on the part of the CGU officials? Since as FH, they would surely have access to Nazi symbolism...)
It's not necessarily deliberate. It's some 4000 years in the future, and people have practically forgotten all about the Nazis, except for mention in the history books about "a terrible war in the middle ages".
The symbolism is resurfacing because it's as effective upon the people of the 63rd century as it is upon the people of the 1930s, and the government recognizes the effectiveness of simple, direct symbology.

In retrospect, you guys shouldn't quote images in your responses...:D

Anyway, another from my TL:
The State Coat of Arms of the Dictatorial Republic of the Central Galactic Union of Human Systems.
cgustatecoatofarmsmp5.png
Great job.

Did you do the shadow effect on the globe on paint too?!?

Hapsburg

Banned
No, someone else made the globe. It was at this site, too. I forget who.
But the original was really weird, so I selected certain colours and re-shaped the continents. But the shadow effect and most of the globe was done by someone else.

The eagle and wreath was all me, though.

Hapsburg: Dude. Whoa. Um... dude. Whoa.

Dude.

For my own part, I present a hastily-cleaned-up scan of the arms of, yes, my good ol' standby the Carpathian Empire.

carpathiarms.png

Hapsburg

Banned
That is fucking awesome.
I mean, I had to use a computer to get mine done. Yours, done by hand, simply pwns.
Oh, and the Carpathian Empire thing is a common element in a lot of my TLs and maps, as well. It would make sense, too, if Hungary got detached from Austria, for it to pursue an emperordom, considering it's size, majesticness(?), and history.

That is fucking awesome.
I mean, I had to use a computer to get mine done. Yours, done by hand, simply pwns.
Oh, and the Carpathian Empire thing is a common element in a lot of my TLs and maps, as well. It would make sense, too, if Hungary got detached from Austria, for it to pursue an emperordom, considering it's size, majesticness(?), and history.

Well, great minds and all that... :D

Seriously, thanks. In total pwnage per square kilogram, though, you're way ahead of me. (All that uniform-and-insignia stuff? Been scribbling that sort of thing since I was a wee lad. Never got it nearly so polished.)

The Terran arms, are, overall, overwhelming. (And I quite like the nods to the combined A-H arms of WWI.) For my own nefarious purposes, though, I have to ask, was there a template-source for the crowns?