1919 Soviet Republic of Hungary Survives?

Japhy

Banned
I really only have a passing knowledge of Bela Kun's Communist Nightmare but, is it possible to stop the Romanian Invasion that overthrew the regime and keep the worlds Second Communist Country in place until the Post WWI Chaos in Eastern Europe dies down? Actually, could things calm down with it in place?

Perhaps if Bela Kun would have submitted to the borders of the treaty of Trianon and recalled all Hungarian troops from Slovakia. Still I think the neighbours would have had a hard time accepting communist Hungary. Especially Romania which would have USSR at one border and Hungary at another. It would be an interresting scenario though.

Hnau

Banned
Search the forums, I've detailed this before. Long story short: Russians had a chance to get passed the Ukrainians into Hungary, where their support could have easily kept the Romanians and Czechs at bay: Bela Kun stays in power with Transylvania and Slovakia, helps Russians take Poland as well.

Hmmmm.... Shouldnt this be at "After 1900" thread????
Me too.

On topic, Bela Kuns support could very easily lead to Soviet victory in the Polish-Soviet War. With a Communist Alliance consisting of Russia, a reduced Poland and expanded Hungary Europe is going to be far more concerned with the Communist threat.

If this scenario comes I can guess that Romania and Germany would soon fall to their Communist parties. After that, who knows?