Napoleon victory and German nationalism and states

Valdemar II

Banned
What would happen to German nationalisme in a scenario where Napoleon wins (with the 1812 borders)?

How would the German states evolve in this kind of world?

I feel as though I'm stealing ideas from Zach here, but I have to agree with him here:

Austria's just plain screwed, and they have no chance of ever getting back on their feet ever again...

Prussia could do well, but it would involve them improving internally as an industrial/colonial superpower...

The German Confederation/Confederation of the Rhine will be the major place of German nationalism, and the most powerful German state is going to be Westphalia (which is ruled by family of Napoleon, and therefore Napoleon's lapdog in Europe...) or Bavaria (which has years of tradition and is essentially a non-defeated Austria...)

Faeelin

Banned
I feel as though I'm stealing ideas from Zach here, but I have to agree with him here:

Austria's just plain screwed, and they have no chance of ever getting back on their feet ever again...

Prussia could do well, but it would involve them improving internally as an industrial/colonial superpower...

Prussia's internal market seems too small for me, alas.But why is Austria screwed? They still have Hungary, after all, and Bohemia. All they've lost is the Istrian coast and Tyrol.

The German Confederation/Confederation of the Rhine will be the major place of German nationalism, and the most powerful German state is going to be Westphalia (which is ruled by family of Napoleon, and therefore Napoleon's lapdog in Europe...) or Bavaria (which has years of tradition and is essentially a non-defeated Austria...)

I dunno. I can see this getting a bit dark. Napoleon had his flaws, after all; secret police with dossiers on certain citizens, censorship, treating Europe like a French economic colony.

1848 witnesses the glorious Westphalian Revolution, as the King of Prussia becomes the King of Germany...