Alternate Motor Car company names

So what other names could motor car companies be known by, whether it be Ford, Opel, Vauxhall, General Motors, Toyota, Saab, BMW, or whoever else?

Could Nissin, for example, be known as Bitsaremissin?

Who/what else?

How about this- Henry Ford changes his name to Henry kjefojvnfeo[unhcfeo[iunjd[osqi, and thus we have the Kjefojvnfeo[unhcfeo[iunjd[osqi motor company.

Bohemian Motor Works. Rhine Motor Works. Deutsch Motors. Something to that effect.

FORD-Fix or Repair Daily. :p

my turn:

German car companies

S.A.B = Schwabische Auto Bau.
D.M.G = Deutsche Motor Gesellschaft.
M.W = Mercedes Werke
K.A.M = Krupp Auto Manufaktur
C. Benz & Söhne (carl Benz & sons )

Real Name of german car companies who no more exist

A.A.A = Aktiengesellschaft für Akkumulatoren- und Automobilbau
Automobilwerk Walter Schätzle
Adlerwerke (eagel works)
Messerschmitt AG (after WW2 they build cars )

for English car companies

MOTÖRHEAD
with add campain „Is it loud enough?“

From my Batavia TL:

The Republic of China:
*Norinco
*Chengdu Motorworks
*Lanqi (Blue Flag, IRL, there is a line of Chinese cars known as Hongqi or Red Flag, but China's flag ITTL is blue.)
*Cao Yuan Lang Motor Corporation (Steppe Wolf Motor Corporation)

The Empire of Manchuria:
*Aixin Motor Corporation
*Haishenwei

Xinjiang:
*Xibei (Northwest)
*East Turkestan Motors

Empire of Japan:
*Aichi Motor
*Sumimoto Motorworks
*Wu (Wu Baifu, aka Momofuku Ando, was the guy that invented instant Ramen OTL)
*Panasonic
*New Shinjuku Automotive

Das Reich:
*IG Farben Motorwerke
*Rheinmetall Autowerke
*Rosen AG
*Grossdeutschland Motor Gesellschaft (Has a rather controversial youth brand known as Totenkopf, GDMG seems to be completely unapologetic about this though, despite Russian and American protests.)
*Glock (Gaston Glock gets a job in automotive engineering instead, as an added note, Heckler & Koch is a prominent manufacturer of consumer electronics.)

The People's Republic of Russia:
*Omsk Heavy Industries
*Kalashnikov Heavy Industries
*Baikal Automotive

The Batavian Republic (Dutch East Indies):
*Spyker
*Indonesian Marine and Automotive

The United States:
*Walton Electric and Mechanical
*Connally Automotive Corporation

Brazil:
*Osorio

I mean, a lot of this is just the people founding the company deciding to develop a different name in the first place.

Henry Ford could name his company "Michigan Automotive" and it would still be plausible.

You also have corporate mergers and brand takeovers that could throw monkey wrenches into things: Names like Rolls Royce, American Motors and Daimler could easily be kept or incorporated in a different fashion than OTL.

In terms of names, I think the auto industry is very flexible, within limits. If a new company C3 Automotive showed up I doubt its name would be an issue. In the end, this just goes down to what the investors want to say.

well since SAAB stands for Svenska Aeroplan AB perhaps they did not think
that that name would be suitable for a car so instead: SMIAB

Well, this may seem future history, but how plausible is it that Boeing and possibly Bombardier would follow BMW and Mitsubishi and go into the car business?

NapoleonXIV

Banned
Convair Motors

Hughes Automobile Company

The Great Atlantic and Pacific Automobile Company

Wal Motors

"Drive a Sears"

Higgins Transport (Wooden cars after WWII)

General Electric Autos (latest model the Tesla)

In Ireland, the Norton Burro, a somewhat small but very rugged precursor to the SUV propelled by a modified version of the reliable and strong Norton Atlas Engine.

Well, this may seem future history, but how plausible is it that Boeing and possibly Bombardier would follow BMW and Mitsubishi and go into the car business?

Well, both these companies started building cars very early in their company history. This development accelerated after WWII when aircraft building was initially restricted.

It seems rather unlikely that successful aviation companies would try to enter the highly competitive automotive market with the current surplus of production capacity.

IMO, the most likely POD is after WWII, when war contracts lapsed and the aviation companies needed fresh business to stay afloat. That could lead to SAABanized car companies, still retaining a marketing link with the aviation company.
Bristol is a OTL example but companies like AVRO, Supermarine, Macchi etc. might also be suitable. Curtiss, the legendary American fighter plane manufacturer was largely superseded after their P40 effort, so they could have opted for a car-based future, linked to the glamour of the sharknosed P40's.....

Grey Wolf

Donor
Well, Pierce-Arrow was originally just Pierce with Arrow a make of car, but they found that Pierce-Arrow had greater impact so double-barelled the name

- - -

I've often used Ajax and Victor as made-up car companies for alternate timelines

I remember reading a novel written in the 1930s. Clearly to avoid giving free publicity to any make (like the BBC used to go out of its way to avoid), they made up several car companies - I remember researching them and discovering they didn't exist ! I think one may have been Panther

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Deerfield (named after the city in Michigan)
Colt (famed gunmaker turned carmaker)
Bristol (actual little known British car company, former aircraft engine maker)
Avro (former British aircraft maker)
Gohsn (Carlos Gohsn starts his own company in Brazil)

Hendryk

Banned
Chinese car manufacturers from my "Superpower Empire" TL:

Number One China Automobiles
Chinese name: 中國第一汽車 (Zhongguo Di Yi Qiche)
Date Founded: 1915

Wuhan Automobile Works
Chinese name: 武漢汽車工廠 (Wuhan Qiche Gongchang)
Date Founded: 1932

Fortune Motor Corporation
Chinese name: 幸運汽車公司 (Yingxun Qiche Gongsi)
Date Founded: 1949

Shenyang Automobiles
Chinese name: 瀋陽汽車 (Shenyang Qiche)
Date Founded: 1963

Luoyun Aircraft and Automobile Corporation
Chinese name: 罗云飛机汽車公司 (Luoyun Feiji Qiche Gongsi)
Date Founded: 1968

Hm, well, Chevrolet was founded by Louis Chevrolet and William C. Durant- Louis Chevrolet was a race-car driver who Durant had hired at Buick. If things go a bit differently, Chevrolet could be called Durant instead?

Another thought, if you want company names, is that what is now General Motors was founded by Durant (pre-Chevrolet) as a holding company for Buick... perhaps he decides just to keep the Buick name as Chrysler and Ford kept their original names, so GM could be the "Buick Corporation".

In the famous people in alternate history thread, I had Iggy Pop become an industrialist, buy out Ford, and name it the Osterberg Motor Company.

If the Japanese Empire survives, you have more of the big zaibatsu making cars.
Mitsubishi (exits IOTL)
Nakajima (OTL Subaru)
Mitsui (OTL Toyota)
Aichi (OTL part of Nissan)