Code Geass AH

From Wiki:

As an alternative universe, there are many divergence from our "normal history" in the world of Code Geass.
  • The Britannian Empire begin when Julius Caesar tried to invade Britain but was met by a strong resistance from the local tribes, who elected a super-leader of their own - the Celtic King Eowyn, that eventually started the Britannian royal line. The Roman Emperor was Augustus, Caesar's successor.
  • Sakuradite (known as "Philosopher Stone" back then) was first discovered near the Stonehenge. The scarcity of sakuradite impeded the research's progress to turn it into a viable energy source. However, Marco Polo had travelled further east and reached Japan (Zipangu); in it, he have discovered Japan has a large deposit of Sakuradite.
  • In the 16th century, Elizabeth I who remained single throughout her life had a son, Henry the 9th. The potential fathers; Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester, Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex , and Duke of Britannia Carl, gained influence and power as a result.
  • In ATB 1770s, the American Revolution (known as Washington Rebellion) took place. The Duke of Britannia at the time bribes Benjamin Franklin with promises of titles and territories in the colonies, who was charged with appealing to Louis XVI of France assistance in the colonies' war for independence. Thereafter, Benjamin Franklin seems to have become an earl. As a result, the Continental Army suffers a decisive defeat during the Siege of Yorktown, George Washington dies.
  • Towards the end of the 18th century, the Western world enters the Age of Revolution, with numerous people's revolutions take place – save for Britannia, which under Henry X held to absolute monarchy. After the French revolutions Napoleon emerges. He wins the Battle of Trafalgar and occupies London. In 1807, Queen Elizabeth III is chased to Edinburgh, where a popular revolutionary militias arrests her and forces her to abdicate and end the monarchy, an event known as The Shame of Edinburgh. However, The Duke of Britannia (in America) Ricardo Von Britannia and his friend and subordinate Knight of One, Sir Richard Hector, bring Elizabeth III and her followers to the new world and establish a capital on the east coast of the new continent.
  • In ATB 1813, Elizabeth III died without leaving any heirs; she was supposed to have chosen her successor from one of her blood relations, but on her dying bed she nominated her lover, Ricardo Von Britannia the first instead. She is therefore famous for being "The Queen who loved throughout her stormy life." The Britannian year is established, with the origin year set as to the ascendancy of the first Celtic King.
  • Napoleon died on his way back to France after his defeat at the Battle of Waterloo; although it was never proven, it is rumoured that assassins poisoned his food in accordance to Elizabeth III's will: her last words included the famous line "I do not forget slights to my honour."
Flag of the Empire of Britannia:

Expansion of the Empire of Britannia:
Cg_newmap.png

Deleted member 2186

I wondering why Iceland is not on the map ore is it to small to be notice and who controls India as whey don’t she it on the map.

Wow this is really pure ASB. How the world suddenlly united under all these uber countries yet Japan is left out is mystery to me.

I wondering why Iceland is not on the map ore is it to small to be notice and who controls India as whey don’t she it on the map.
Iceland is simply not there, whoever created this map apparently have left it off, as well as making the Atlantic Ocean a bit too wide.

Last edited:
Wow this is really pure ASB. How the world suddenlly united under all these uber countries yet Japan is left out is mystery to me.
Check the map again, Japan is colored in to be part of the Britannic Empire, which would explain that it is not a world player in this TL. New Zealand, and Hawai'i are also shown as being part of the Britannic Empire, as well as part of the Philippines. I do agree about this scenario being major ASB, how in the heck can you hold together an empire that spans more than half the planet, after it has expanded into the pale orange areas on the map? Can't be done, IMO.

Last edited:
It is not explained how, but the European Union here was formed in the 1800s, probably as a direct result of Napoleon's victory against the British Empire; it is referred as to being on constant war against the Britannia Empíre.

The yellow is supposed to be a 'Chinese Federation' of sorts, and I have no idea of how the Chinese managed to get all of Asia and Middle East.

It is not explained how, but the European Union here was formed in the 1800s, probably as a direct result of Napoleon's victory against the British Empire; it is referred as to being on constant war against the Britannia Empíre.

The yellow is supposed to be a 'Chinese Federation' of sorts, and I have no idea of how the Chinese managed to get all of Asia and Middle East.

Two words: zerg rush.

Chinese Federation that doesn't include China, but yet has all of Europe and Africa. Weird.

Teal green is Chinese Federation. Yellow is EU.

(the poster above explains it better in a sarcastic way :D)

Check the map again, Japan is colored in to be part of the Britannic Empire, which would explain that it is not a world player in this TL. New Zealand, and Hawai'i are also shown as being part of the Britannic Empire, as well as part of the Philippines. I do agree about this scenario being major ASB, how in the heck can you hold together an empire that spans more than half the planet, after it has expanded into the pale orange areas on the map? Can't be done, IMO.

Japan was conquered in the prologue at the begining of the series, so I was stating that why wasn't it absorbed by the other major powers in Asia.

Japan was conquered in the prologue at the begining of the series, so I was stating that why wasn't it absorbed by the other major powers in Asia.

I have to agree, with all these consolidations and expansions, you would think that Japan would fall under the Chinese a longtime ago considering their proximity to China and distance from Britannia.

Deleted member 2186

Maybe because admiral Perry never forced Japan open to the outside world it remained in seclusion until the invasion by the Empire of Britannia.

Forgive me, but I got into several nerdy arguments with 4chan about the Geass setting today, and what struck me was one particular quote by another poster:
Also, alternate history is alternate, it needs no other explanation, as long as what they establish makes relatively coherent sense within its own context (which it does), then who fucking cares?

I have to ask the little elves who make anime.
HOW F***ING HARD IS IT TO AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE DECENT TIMELINE?
Other then that, great job.

And, of course the funny fact, that despite being named the Britannian Empire doesn't even extend to the British Isles (though it could be just a simple mistake of the animators :rolleyes: )