Possible a more unified British Commonwealth?

In yours opinion would have been possible a more unified British Commonwealth with a core formed by a strong Confederation of UK,Canada,Australia,New Zeland?

Grey Wolf

Donor
In yours opinion would have been possible a more unified British Commonwealth with a core formed by a strong Confederation of UK,Canada,Australia,New Zeland?

There were voices in WW1 to keep a more unified structure post-war, an Imperial government etc

Of course by then such ideas are fighting against the increasingly separatist tendencies of the dominions themselves

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

I once had vague ideas of these countries actually merging into one country- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and the Dominions or something better or more equal sounding- i imagined southern africa and mayber all of Ireland being included.

This was before i joined AH.COM and i did the noob thing and imagined a world similar to OTL from around 1900 til WW2 and beyond when this super britain formed a strong commonwealth etc etc.

I believe Joseph Chamberlain had this idea around the end of the 19th century, i've never been able to come up with a POD for it.