Most morbid AH

Out of all the AH you have read what would you say in the most morbid.

I'd have to say Turtledove's In the Presense of Mine Enemies (Unless your a non-Jewish, gay, disbaled, etc German or Japanese.)

Stirling's the Draka is pretty morbid too, (Unless of course you are a Draka Citizen)

Let's see... General militarism, oppression of Canada, oppresion of the mormons, not exactly nice to its own blacks, oppression of its native Indians, invasions of Mexico, arming terrorists in Ireland...

Faeelin

Banned
Let's see... General militarism, oppression of Canada, oppresion of the mormons, not exactly nice to its own blacks, oppression of its native Indians, invasions of Mexico, arming terrorists in Ireland...

Militarism? Umm, I suppose, in the sense that all of Europe was militaristic in 1914.

Canada? It was an enemy power. What was it supposed to do?

The Mormons are apparently batshit insane in the Southern Victory series, so I'm not sure; although it didn't invade Mexico over the course of the books.

And Ireland, feh.

Faeelin

Banned
Stirling's Emberverse, where the world dies because the laws of physics are rewritten to make the world die.

I would have to go w/ Fatherland, and the Draka series, as being downright morbid. I for one would not like to be living in either TL, makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Let's see...

Fatherland--(Nazis win; although they're at least contained)

In the Presence of Mine Enemies--(The Nazis pwn almost the entire world)

The Man in the High Castle--(The Nazis pwn just about all the world)

The Ultimate Solution--(The Nazis pwn almost all the world)

The Last Article--(Shows the Nazis in the process of pwning most of the world)

Bring the Jubilee-- (The USA's a 10th rate country while the CSA takes over virtually the rest of the Western Hemisphere)

Guns of the South--(Afrikaner terrorists give the South AK-47s; need I go on?)

TL-191--(Where almost everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, although not as insane as some of the previously mentioned dystopias)

For All Time--(Where everything that could have gone wrong in the second half of the 20th century goes wrong).

The Domination--(Nazi-Afrikaner-Spartan-South Africans conquer world thanks to apathy on the part of everybody else)

The Emberverse--(Almost all of humanity dies out, technology fails, and the Dark Ages become permanent)

Severed Wing - in which a Jewish newspaper journalist from a world where the Holocaust never happened slowly starts to slip through into our timeline. It's not exactly a move from utopia to dystopia, but downright disturbing nonetheless.

Militarism? Umm, I suppose, in the sense that all of Europe was militaristic in 1914.

Canada? It was an enemy power. What was it supposed to do?

The Mormons are apparently batshit insane in the Southern Victory series, so I'm not sure; although it didn't invade Mexico over the course of the books.

And Ireland, feh.

Yes, its like OTL, only even worse. I'd say that's morbid, wouldn't you?

Alcuin

Banned
How about Frank Herbert's "The White Plague", where a scientist engineers a virus that kills all women and leaves men alone in revenge for the murder of his wife in an IRA bomb attack in London... then releases it in Great Britain, Ireland and Libya?

I found the Alteration by Kingley Amis to be disturbing. Of Course I was 11 when I read it and the idea of castration, to keep a singing voice, scared the crap out of me.

The Sandman

Banned
The Second Black Plague TL that someone's been posting to CTT for the past few months is pretty damn morbid.

Also, a decent bit of dystopian sci-fi from the 70's and 80's is probably AH by now; Silent Running, for example, has some fairly depressing implications.

In 'The Man in the High Castle' the Nazis have conquered all of the world that hasn't been conquered by Japan. They have completed the genocide of not only the Jews, but also the inhabitants of Africa, plus they are planning a nuclear war with the Japanese.

Not sure how much bleaker than that you can get.:(